• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you believe Bo Nickal?

Alpha_T83

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Bo Nickal claims he got offered the short-notice fight against Whittaker, but he couldn't accept it because he was deep in the mountains of Montana with no cell reception. Then he proceeded to backpedal and claimed he didn't want to go to Saudi Arabia because it's "far as crap".

Sorry but Bo Nickal is a coward making lame excuses. He should just be a man and admit he was too scared to accept the risky fight. I actually believe this says a lot about a person's prospects as a champion. I don't think Bo has what it takes to become a UFC champion now. I could be wrong but that's my opinion.

Bo Nickal Reveals UFC Offered Short-Notice Fight Against Robert Whittaker​

Last edited by a moderator:
Bo Nickal is a full blooded 'Murican. He was hunting and fishing and doing gods work. Titles and such talk will have to take a backseat, when a man is plundering the mountains of Montana and being close to God. Bo won't nickal and dime himself out of good time.

Last edited:
Bo Nickal claims he got offered the short-notice fight against Whittaker, but he couldn't accept it because he was deep in the mountains of Montana with no cell reception. Then he proceeded to backpedal and claimed he didn't want to go to Saudi Arabia because it's "far as crap".

Sorry but Bo Nickal is a coward for refusing this fight and making lame excuses. I actually believe this says a lot about a person's prospects as a champion. I don't think Bo has what it takes to become a UFC champion now. I could be wrong but that's my opinion.

It doesn't say much about his prospects of a champion. How many unranked guys fight possibly the 2nd best fighter in the division?

He's saving face with his excuses, but it's a terrible fight for him to take.

Big jump for Bo. Risky todo on short notice. Guess UFC knew it was a long shot and desperate. Just a teaser for hopefully a higher rank opponent for Bo soon.

I wouldn't take that fight either. It was on less than 3 weeks notice against a title contender. Bo still can climb the ranks with a proper camp, a loss like that could derail him for a while.
I'm not criticizing him for not taking the fight.

I'm criticizing him for the lame excuse. He should have just said nothing, or come out and said "this fight was too much of a risk for me to take on short notice." The fact that he felt compelled to volunteer a lame excuse is a bad look if you ask me.

I believe in his potential in this game. I believe he can be great and im just as high on him as I was on Khamzat back in 2020.

He seems healthier though and doesn't have VISA issues so im very interested in his future. Strong wrestlers are rare these days. In the UFC.

i dont like Bo but this was too risky a fight to take at this point in his career, especially at short notice.

*even though a year or so ago he was calling out kamzat....:rolleyes:

I am with Bo on this one. I would much rather be in Montana hunting than on a plane to Saudi Arabia. Especially to try to save a card for Krazy Kahzmat. Bo knows he has plenty of time and opportunities, and could probably not care less what some keyboard warrior whines about.

Sorry but Bo Nickal is a coward making lame excuses. He should just be a man and admit he was too scared to accept the risky fight. I actually believe this says a lot about a person's prospects as a champion. I don't think Bo has what it takes to become a UFC champion now. I could be wrong but that's my opinion.

It's a smart career decision for the reasons people have mentioned already, and if he did receive the call then he should just say so. But even if he's lying about receiving the call it's definitely not a good reason to permanently dismiss the guy.

Reactions: HHJ
No reason not to. Plenty of fighters go off fishing, hunting, etc when on break. I'm more surprised they were actually able to locate and contact Jiri at short notice

Reactions: mkt
Sounds like excuses, but I wouldn't want to go to Riyadh either. Seems like nobody did, only Aliskerov, which makes sense.

He probably was, but don't think he'd fight Whittaker. If he did he probably could win, but he'd be forced to fighting top guys which he said he wasn't ready for. I personally think he's not even ready for Robocop.

i absolutely believe he wouldnt have cell service in montana. it is very remote. I also dont think he is ready for whitaker and he also knows that. he has talked about not rushing his career before.

I dont blame him for not taking the fight but why even mention it? If he hadnt said anything, no one would know.

Back