Do you agree with both Gus/Jones and Lawler/Condit decisions ?

jones clearly beat gus. no question about it. condits fight was a real close one to call

Thought Gus and Condit won

The first time I watched Gus/Jones I thought Gus might get the nod but I was really hoping it would happen. I've watched it twice since and I think Jones won.

I also think Condit won that fight. Not sure why Lawler got the nod. Heavy whippits done by the judges before work? I was really surprised when they picked Robbie.

To me, I don't care about points. I think a decision should be based on what kind of shape the fighters were in at the end of the fight. Gus was a zombie. Condit was arguably saved by the bell. So I think both decisions worked out for the best.

Maybe but that's not how the fights are scored. So there's that to consider. Do you ever watch a fight with the criteria in mind?

had to go to the hospital (where he couldn't even wipe himself after taking a dump, his coach had to do it for him) and took months for him to recover?
christian-bale-wtf.gif

Source?

Just like Jones did when he immediately lost to coke, a pregnant woman and estrogen blockers?

Ha.
Well we were speaking on the reprecussions of a theoretical different outcome to that fight. Gus lost a few immediately afterwards.

But if were just being silly.
Jones won several other fights after that one, made a few million more and continued to live recklessly.

Gus and Jones was close but I think Gus won. The Condit decision was just horrible.

Both razor close fights. In those two fights i think the champion got it because of one moment in the fight : the elbow of jones and the flurry of Lawler in the last round.

Do you think the champs have not been beaten decisively ? Or do you think it was enough for the challengers to get the belt ?

Personnally, i think the decisions were right. You go sherdog

I don't think the Gus/Jones fight was close. I had Gus winning 4-1 so did almost everybody I know

Ha.
Well we were speaking on the reprecussions of a theoretical different outcome to that fight. Gus lost a few immediately afterwards.

But if were just being silly.
Jones won several other fights after that one, made a few million more and continued to live recklessly.

All his wins is now questionable when he gets the cheater stamp - people start to wonder if he has been cheating his whole career.

boom.

Game over for Jonesy and his nuthuggers.

Jones won. At the end of it it looked like Alex was done, Jones could at least hold his arms up.

I could see Lawler/Condit go either way, but after 'Fifth Round Robbie' got done it's hard to be upset with the decision.

Both winners were arguably closer to the finish. I have no idea how Condit was still standing after the 5th.

I agreed with Jones Vs Gus.

I thought Condit would get the decision due to the current scoring criteria, but that Lawler actually won the fight.

So I kinda agreed with both.

Yes to Jones vs Gus and No to Lawler vs Condit and I was pulling for the guy I thought lost in both.

Jones beat Gus clearly, without the emotions of it all.. it was not really close. 4-1 to Jones, but can be fair and say 3-2 to Jones.. thats being kind.

Condit beat Lawler 3-2 I think.. but it was very close.
You're a smart cookie, normally I like your posts. I cannot understand this one though.

Gus hit Jones more than Jones hit Gus in the first three rounds. That's total strikes, not effectiveness. And that includes Jones' ineffective leg kicks which made up a large percentage of his strikes in the first three rounds. If we look at strikes to the head and actual effectiveness of the strikes, Jones was outstruck narrowly in one of the first three rounds and by a wider margin in two others.

If you have the time, would you be able to explain how you though Jones won those rounds? I'm intersted in your perspective.msame goes for @Sgt Smith , I'd love to hear from you too, mate - get on with it!

I had Jones 48-47 in grestest fight ive ever seen.
I had Condit winning a rather obvious 48-47 decision.

You're a smart cookie, normally I like your posts. I cannot understand this one though.

Gus hit Jones more than Jones hit Gus in the first three rounds. That's total strikes, not effectiveness. And that includes Jones' ineffective leg kicks which made up a large percentage of his strikes in the first three rounds. If we look at strikes to the head and actual effectiveness of the strikes, Jones was outstruck narrowly in one of the first three rounds and by a wider margin in two others.

If you have the time, would you be able to explain how you though Jones won those rounds? I'm intersted in your perspective.msame goes for @Sgt Smith , I'd love to hear from you too, mate - get on with it!
I will rewatch it to make sure I'm objective in my analysis since it's been a while since I've seen it.

Condit and Gus won.

Gus rounds 1,2,3 and arguably 4. Although I scored round 4 for Jones, I find it weird that when Gus almost knocked Cormier out and had him even more hurt than he was in the round 4 against Jones, the judges gave the round to Cormier.

Kinda crazy that if one more of the judges gave round 3 (when the knockdown happened) to Gus, he would have been champion now.

Kinda crazy how Gus hasn't ever beaten an elite fighter, despite being ranked in the top 5.

I will rewatch it to make sure I'm objective in my analysis since it's been a while since I've seen it.
Wow....you really committed to the process. No need to go so far as to watch the fight again unless you have the spare time and enjoy the match!

Thanks, by the way. I appreciate you getting back to me.

Kinda crazy how Gus hasn't ever beaten an elite fighter, despite being ranked in the top 5.
It really is. It's almost like he is ranked based in the quality of his losses. To be fair I do think he really does beat most of the division and belongs in the top 5 or so based on ability, but he does not have the wins to back it up.

Back