Do you agree with both Gus/Jones and Lawler/Condit decisions ?

Jones and Condit won their fights

Wow....you really committed to the process. No need to go so far as to watch the fight again unless you have the spare time and enjoy the match!

Thanks, by the way. I appreciate you getting back to me.
Nah, you piqued my curiosity. I've watched it a few times and scored it for Jon, but I'd like to remember exactly why.

Maybe but that's not how the fights are scored. So there's that to consider. Do you ever watch a fight with the criteria in mind?
Not really. The criteria are nonsensical. Significant strikes give no indication of damage being done. I'm not watching a game of tag. I'm watching a fight. I don't care how many times someone touched a guy.

If Gus was a zombie, how would you describe Jones when he couldn't even walk out of the octagon by himself, had to go to the hospital (where he couldn't even wipe himself after taking a dump, his coach had to do it for him) and took months for him to recover?
I may have to rewatch. I just remember thinking I'd never seen anyone moving as slowly as Gus was moving.

I agreed with both decisions, but also thought they were incredibly close fights. A couple of really tough fights to judge.
No doubt. One of those cases where you're happy not to have to judge a fight. I have no problem with either guy winning either fight. They are two cases where a re-match actually is justified IMO.

I've only watched Jones and Gus once and knew the results but thought Gus won. Haven't seen the whole Lawlor Condit fight

Jones/Condit, but Jones/Gus had a round that could've gone either way. I don't think Lawler won round 3 at all.

Fairy muff! Enjoy the fight!
Man, what a fight. I gave Jon 2,4,5 and Gus 1,3, with 2 being the closest. Jon landed less, but had the more significant strikes. Gus was on his bike the entire round as well and Jon was pushing the action. Jon's kicks can't be overlooked in the fight, he landed a lot of them and controlled the distance well. Not to mention a fair amount of head kicks.

I know that many find 4 controversial, but the actual damage was far too one-sided to give the round to Gus. He was in bad shape at the end, even though he sold it well. The real story of the close rounds is if you score volume or damage. Still one of the closest fights I've seen.

NOTE: It should be noted that Rogan was clearly scoring the fight for Gus and not letting anyone forget it in the later rounds. :)

All his wins is now questionable when he gets the cheater stamp - people start to wonder if he has been cheating his whole career.

boom.

Game over for Jonesy and his nuthuggers.

Shit happens.

He was/is still spectacular to watch, provided the greatest fights in the sport and is a millionaire.

Doesnt effect fans in any tangible, real-world way.

Man, what a fight. I gave Jon 2,4,5 and Gus 1,3, with 2 being the closest. Jon landed less, but had the more significant strikes. Gus was on his bike the entire round as well and Jon was pushing the action. Jon's kicks can't be overlooked in the fight, he landed a lot of them and controlled the distance well. Not to mention a fair amount of head kicks.

I know that many find 4 controversial, but the actual damage was far too one-sided to give the round to Gus. He was in bad shape at the end, even though he sold it well. The real story of the close rounds is if you score volume or damage. Still one of the closest fights I've seen.

NOTE: It should be noted that Rogan was clearly scoring the fight for Gus and not letting anyone forget it in the later rounds. :)
Not a bad breakdown. I agree that 2 was the closest of the first three rounds. Jones landed some partially blocked head kicks and a couple of decent body kicks in there. I didn't think his leg kicks were effective at all though.

In the fourth Jones actually starts the round really well, then Gus did some good work after about the first 75 seconds up to the spinning elbow. Gus landed on very nice combination in particular (3 fast punches) which knocked Jones back and clearly stung him. It was a fantastic round of solid standup with really big shifts in momentum - one of my favourite rounds ever. Jones never quit in spite of things looking grim and obviously stole the round with his effort in the last 45 seconds.

I honestly can't remember Rogan's commentary for the fight but he does have these moments of deranged bias. I'd believe what you said about it.

Thanks once again for taking the time.

Not a bad breakdown. I agree that 2 was the closest of the first three rounds. Jones landed some partially blocked head kicks and a couple of decent body kicks in there. I didn't think his leg kicks were effective at all though.

In the fourth Jones actually starts the round really well, then Gus did some good work after about the first 75 seconds up to the spinning elbow. Gus landed on very nice combination in particular (3 fast punches) which knocked Jones back and clearly stung him. It was a fantastic round of solid standup with really big shifts in momentum - one of my favourite rounds ever. Jones never quit in spite of things looking grim and obviously stole the round with his effort in the last 45 seconds.

I honestly can't remember Rogan's commentary for the fight but he does have these moments of deranged bias. I'd believe what you said about it.

Thanks once again for taking the time.
No problem. I really enjoy watching it since it was Jon's only real close one, and Gus was on point in that fight. Too bad Jon has tainted his legacy in multiple ways because he really was a special fighter.

No problem. I really enjoy watching it since it was Jon's only real close one, and Gus was on point in that fight. Too bad Jon has tainted his legacy in multiple ways because he really was a special fighter.

It is too bad, Jones is his own worst enemy.

What amazes me is how he has a will of iron when it comes to winning in the cage and refuses to fold under pressure but seems to have no self control in his personal life. It's actually very sad.

If Gus was a zombie, how would you describe Jones when he couldn't even walk out of the octagon by himself, had to go to the hospital (where he couldn't even wipe himself after taking a dump, his coach had to do it for him) and took months for him to recover?

Lol. Thank you, this started my day well.

Shit happens.

He was/is still spectacular to watch, provided the greatest fights in the sport and is a millionaire.

Doesnt effect fans in any tangible, real-world way.

Don't get me wrong, I love watching Jones fight and I thought he was the best fighter ever, but when you Jones nuthuggers keep trashing Gus you'll get the same treatment as well.

Bones won imo, but i can see a case for Gus. Condit clearly won, there is no case for Robbie.

To me, I don't care about points. I think a decision should be based on what kind of shape the fighters were in at the end of the fight. Gus was a zombie. Condit was arguably saved by the bell. So I think both decisions worked out for the best.
At the end of the fight Gus was fine and Jones had to go to the hospital. Jones was clearly in worse condition. So you think Gus won. I disagree.

I thought both Gus and Condit won the fights

Back