Do you actually want to see Khabib or Jones lose

Wizzlebiz

Wizzlebiz is the Wizziest
@Silver
Reaction score
This is a truth thread. No need for macho bravado here. Just unadulterated truth.

Do you want to see the Dominant Champions actually lose? I feel it's kind of nice to have 2 Dominant Champions that without a doubt are the ones to point to when talking about the pinnacle of the Sport.

If not for Khabib and Jones keeping the top of the mountain in check it would feel more like a round Robin of inconclusive champions.

I personally talk alot of shit about Jones and am vocal about being a long term fan of Khabib. But I personally dont want to see either lose any time soon.

What is your take on this? Forget the people for one moment and think in terms of what happens if they aren't considered the best.

Last edited:
Khabib
Because Jones really has no chance whatsoever to lose against the current LHW contenders.
Whereas Khabib has contenders such as Tony and Gaethje and also Khabib is so one dimensional that it really irritates some people.

Nope. Want them to move up in weight and get a real challenge.

I don't have any kind of issue with Jones.

He's also the best LHW mma has ever seen.

People just want to see him lose the same way people watch Mayweather fights hoping to see him finally get clipped and lose.

I want to see Jones get a bowel releasing KO

I have wanted Jones to lose for years. He dissappoints me every time. I don't hate him just really wanted to see him get smashed.

Well I want to see Tony win...so yeah I guess by default then I do want to see Khabib lose.

I'm more interested in the "how" they would lose. I'm very curious as to what it would take to beat them.

Khabib and jones are just so fun to watch. It’s mesmerizing and so fun. I don’t want every champ to be that dominant but it’s nice to have a couple

I kinda do, but not because I dislike either. I just think when some dominant guys lose it actually adds life to their respective divisions.

If they allowed steroids like the old days. There would be some mega athlete like Drago who would beat Jones. But only jones is allowed to pulse. Dont see anyone beating him in the current LHW climate.

I kinda do, but not because I dislike either. I just think when some dominant guys lose it actually adds life to their respective divisions.
Does it though? I can think of so many cases where the Dominant champions either lost, retired, or mover classes and the division was left astray.

Basically if the Dominant Champion loses to someone who isn't a dominant champion for years after, the division goes into round Robin crap.

Folks like Tyson losing to buster douglas for example left HW boxing basically empty for a while.

There is a formula that needs to be kept for a division to be alive.

I dont ever want to see Jones lose

Khabib on the other hand I am not a fan of and would really like to see tony take him out

I think for some people, more than seeing them necessarily lose, it's seeing them pushed to the brink. We already saw it with Jones in the first Gus fight. He won, but he COULD have lost and he took serious damage.

If Khabib ends up on Tony's wall of horror, his face a mess BUT Khabib still wins a super close split decision or something...even as a huge Tony fan I can't say I'll be totally disappointed. First, as just an MMA fan it means I saw an amazing fight between the two best. Second, it means that we saw a dominant champ totally pushed to the brink by someone who's actually at his level. So of course it wouldn't be as satisfying for me as Tony winning, but it would still check a lot of the boxes for things we hope for from April 18.

I definitely 100% want Jones to lose.
I have a feeling we are only days away!

I’m a sucker for a good undefeated streak. But Jones is in the camp that I want to see lose. Khabib I’d prefer to see retire undefeated. Jones just seems like such a terrible sociopathic human being. I have no issue seeing him go down.

Jones is the best

but I’ve been watching to watch him lose since 2012

Back