Do you actually want to see Khabib or Jones lose

Jones is the best

but I’ve been watching to watch him lose since 2012
Yep same. But then I considered what if it happens?

Then what? The aura is over.

I rather enjoy wanting to see him get defeated.

Already saw Jones loses. Khabib losing to Tony wouldnt bother me.

This is a truth thread. No need for macho bravado here. Just unadulterated truth.

Do you want to see the Dominant Champions actually lose? I feel it's kind of nice to have 2 Dominant Champions that without a doubt are the ones to point to when talking about the pinnacle of the Sport.

If not for Khabib and Jones keeping the top of the mountain in check it would feel more like a round Robin of inconclusive champions.

I personally talk alot of shit about Jones and am vocal about being a long term fan of Khabib. But I personally dont want to see either lose any time soon.

What is your take on this? Forget the people for one moment and think in terms of what happens if they aren't considered the best.

i want jon to lose every fight cause he a well know peds user and given free passes. khabib winning works for me everytime.

I don't have any kind of issue with Jones.

He's also the best LHW mma has ever seen.

People just want to see him lose the same way people watch Mayweather fights hoping to see him finally get clipped and lose.

being a lying ped user has more to do with it for me.

I always want to see the best fighter win. As long as those fighters put on good fights, I enjoy them just as much regardless of who wins or loses.
However, having Jones' wins overturned for cheating does annoy me.

The true measure of a fighter comes from how they react after that first loss.

Only if it is a definitive loss. Like a stone cold KO or them tapping out. Nothing like a lame split decision or controversial stoppage.

I believe Jones has already lost once (Santos) and possibly twice (Gus 1) so that side of him isn't interesting. He doesn't have that unbeatable aura.

Khabib on the other hand has looked invincible. His style is sometimes not that exciting, but he's by far the most dominant person in the UFC at the minute. It's going to take something incredible to beat him, and that's the exciting part of it for me.

Khabib
Because Jones really has no chance whatsoever to lose against the current LHW contenders.
Whereas Khabib has contenders such as Tony and Gaethje and also Khabib is so one dimensional that it really irritates some people.

he's definitely a great grappler, but, when has he been beaten in the striking game so bad that it makes it "obvious" he's a 1 dimensional fighter? Dustin and MJ (Dustin actually landed a good shot, MJ's didn't really land clean at all) have hit em, Conor won a round off him in the striking exchanges but Khabib still landed some shots too.

And the answer for me is Jon. I've openly rooted against him since he beat Shogun in every fight until the 2nd DC fight. DC's antics made me root for Jon that fight and I had given Smith and Santos 0 chance of beating him anyway so I just assumed he'd win.

I'm a Khabib fan, I'm not a fan of Jones. But I respect his greatness.

Yes. Khabib more than Jones. I've never been a fan of pure dominance in any sport. It bores me. At least with Fedor, it always felt like he could lose. He had a vulnerability to him that made it interesting. Khabib just feels unbeatable right now and I want to see someone crack the code. I'm kinda indifferent to Jones at this point. Age will beat him.

I believe Jones has already lost once (Santos) and possibly twice (Gus 1) so that side of him isn't interesting. He doesn't have that unbeatable aura.

Khabib on the other hand has looked invincible. His style is sometimes not that exciting, but he's by far the most dominant person in the UFC at the minute. It's going to take something incredible to beat him, and that's the exciting part of it for me.

Jon very clearly won the Gus fight 3 rounds to 2. I think the same with Santos but some rounds are closer than they were in the Gus rounds, I think those were very clearly defined rounds for either fighter.

The only reason why Jon has been in some "wars' though, is because he has been fighting at the highest level (championship level) for almost 9 years now. Khabib had RDA back in 2014 (and maybe a little before RDA's peak at that, most guys that are getting title shots are peaking in their careers) and after, although MJ had the win over Dustin, it was sandwiched between losses, Edson is a good win for sure but maybe not a champion level type fighter, same with Raging Al.

The Conor and Dustin fights are the only ones in recent memory vs REAL top level guys. Jon was fighting the best of them for YEARS. If Khabib stays at the top for a few years, he'll be in some wars and not look so unbeatable either. It's inevitable. Happens to everyone. Hell, might happen this fight coming up for Khabib cuz Tony is an amazing fighter himself.

Not on this particular fights, specially Khabib, feel like if Tony wins then he gets matched with Conor only to get finally stopped and we are back to Conor not fighting for a year...Jones is being somewhat active for a champ, is entertaining on the mic so im ok with him not losing ever, Khabib im not really much of a fan, but with him as champion the division gets to stay away from Conor.

Do you actually want to see Khabib or Jones lose

tenor.gif
giphy.gif
I'm a big fan of both men I like them having belts I'm not ready for either to go so stop that talk...

Back