Do people really care Benson lost?

People should care that the judges are getting it wrong.

People are not objective enough to look at it clearly, if they hate Bendo, they will claim he lost, or it was close, or whatever.

Bendo won this fight and Cowboy lost, just like how Bendo lost the second fight against Edgar. Sure they were both close, but bad judging is bad judging.

This fight lets me know both guys are equally good, that's my opinion. Doesn't help/hurt either fighters stock.

I care, I was rooting for Cerrone and thought he'd win tonight l, I even had to pull the reigns back on a 200 dollar bet.

That said, he handily lost that fight. It wasn't even close. Benson controlled the fight from bell to bell and had Cowoy hesitant, flustered and guessing the entire time. It's blowing my mind that it wasn't obvious.

benson didn't bitch.

how do you know he left gas in the tank?

he may have gotten wins in arguable fights but how does that excuse this bullshit?

you give white belts a bad name.

Look in his eyes talking to Rogan and when the decision was announced and tell me he wasn't pissed? He has fought multiple five round fights you are telling me he had no gas left and fought 100% and went out on his shield? It is excused because that's how he fights. He plays the point game and adds up rounds in his head so there ya go Benson enjoy your half paycheck. I don't care how I win even if my opponent slips on a banana peel? Well sounds like you slipped on the peel tonight. No sympathy

I care because he looked good to me better than I've seen him in sometime. He gets the moral victory of people saying he should've had it, but same lesson "you need to finish fight or beat them up".

Yes I'm a big fan and he got screwed. It'd be a different story if he got outclassed.

I'm not talking about just the decision but also his fighting style. I think nobody can deny Henderson fights to win rounds and work the system. You fight like that then this is the risk you take. Just like Machida you run for 15 minutes with a blitz here and there then don't complain when you lose to Phil Davis. I am not saying it is nice to see a fighter get screwed over but do I feel bad for him, did he go out on his shield to win that fight? No

Cerrone was the one "point fighting" not Bendo.

Except this wasn't a close decision though.

Bendo clearly won rounds 1 and 3.

You fight how Bendo fights then that's what you get like I said in my op. If that was Hendricks vs Cerrone tonight everyone would be laughing saying Hendricks that is what you get for leaving it to the judges. Well Benson keep winning them rounds enjoy your smaller check sir

Look in his eyes talking to Rogan and when the decision was announced and tell me he wasn't pissed? He has fought multiple five round fights you are telling me he had no gas left and fought 100% and went out on his shield? It is excused because that's how he fights. He plays the point game and adds up rounds in his head so there ya go Benson enjoy your half paycheck. I don't care how I win even if my opponent slips on a banana peel? Well sounds like you slipped on the peel tonight. No sympathy

Not even sure what you are talking about. Bendo handily whopped cowboy and rocked him. He fought far more aggressive than he usually does and landed way more than cowboy

I thought it was one of his best perofrmance besides the Diaz fight.

Cerrone was the one "point fighting" not Bendo.

You are right Benson did everything in his will power to do more and if Cerrone was trying to murder his family in that fight Benson would be able to say I did everything to protect them. Not!

Except this wasn't a close decision though.

Bendo clearly won rounds 1 and 3.

Strange, I thought the only round he clearly won was 2.

Odd how close fights can produce such different interpretations.

Patriots won. Made my day next to impossible to ruin. Benson losing after getting robbed came close.

Anytime there is a robbery it is bad.

Just because someone benefits from a robbery doesn't mean I want them to lose a fight later that they should have won. That makes zero sense.

For example Cowboy just got a gift decision tonight. I would be equally as pissed if Cowboy went out and got robbed in his next fight by judges and was given a loss when he should have won. I wouldn't say "Serves him right for getting a gift against Bendo"

This is an eminently sensible position.

I would care if I thought wasting everyone's time throwing 50 leg-jabs were enough to win a fight... then yes.

Seriously... 50 leg-jabs.

It was a close fight. No one was "robbed".

Yeah, I thought he won a close 29-28, based on how fights were judged 3-4 years ago, but I watched the decision not quite knowing what to expect, as you never know what the judges are going to reward these days.

Please note:

Cathal winning a unanimous 30-27 is a robbery.

Cowboy winning a contested split decision is a close fight going the other way than it should have.

Now please ask a mod to delete your thread.

I feel bad, he's my favorite active fighter

this was close. IMO it showed Bendo got better (he had a lot better standup than usual) and Cerrone was not employing his "fuck you" kicks. Both guy's stocks went up, just thought to myself after the fight "Wow bendo seems like a better fighter"

Although, he wouldve been better had he mixed in his takedowns.

Back