Do people really care Benson lost?

FutureBwChamp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sure he got robbed and I feel bad for him to a certain degree but I remember after one of his fights I think Edgar 2 or Melendez he was asked at the post fight presser if he cares about winning split decions vs finishes and he said I don't care how I win even if my opponent slips on a banana peel. Well there ya go you just lost. Live by the sword and die by the sword. I mean imagine if this was Johnny Hendricks losing people would go ha ha that's what you get for point fighting again. Sure Benson won but how can you really show sympathy I mean I guarantee you on the stool he tells himself gotta win the next round, okay I won that round gotta win the next won. There ya go Benson keep point fighting

Example Hendricks: Close fight with GSP gets on the microphone pissed and tells Joe Rogan it won't happen again, then fights his nuts off vs Lawler wins a close decision then point fights against Lawler and complains. Dude you just had a heartbreaking defeat to GSP a close win over Lawler 2 close ones in a row and your gonna go point fight then complain. I am not saying it is neat seeing someone get screwed over but if you fight like a calculator than there ya go stop whining. I mean how many fights do fighters have to see let alone be involved in themselves to learn not to try to add up rounds in their head? I mean if you murder the guy each round and wanna point fight go ahead but if it is not an ass whooping every round and you lose a decision with gas left in the tank than that is your fault. It is like a football team taking their sweet ass time letting the clock go down and not rushing to the line when they need 7 points and it is a close game.

Last edited:
i care because it was shit judging and a fighter got screwed over

I feel bad cause there goes his LW career or MMA career as a title contender. Think how many wins he'll need just to get a shot at a title again. Too many to count. he would not even get a shot at the title in WW. At least he was once champion and defended the belt 3 times.

i care because it was shit judging and a fighter got screwed over

And he has arguably has gotten win bonuses and wins on his record where some other guy got screwed over. Just like Hendricks and just like Machida. You leave gas in the tank then don't bitch

People should care that the judges are getting it wrong.

Anytime there is a robbery it is bad.

Just because someone benefits from a robbery doesn't mean I want them to lose a fight later that they should have won. That makes zero sense.

For example Cowboy just got a gift decision tonight. I would be equally as pissed if Cowboy went out and got robbed in his next fight by judges and was given a loss when he should have won. I wouldn't say "Serves him right for getting a gift against Bendo"

Sure he got robbed and I feel bad for him to a certain degree but I remember after one of his fights I think Edgar 2 or Melendez he was asked at the post fight presser if he cares about winning split decions vs finishes and he said I don't care how I win even if my opponent slips on a banana peel. Well there ya go you just lost. Live by the sword and die by the sword. I mean imagine if this was Johnny Hendricks losing people would go ha ha that's what you get for point fighting again. Sure Benson won but how can you really show sympathy I mean I guarantee you on the stool he tells himself gotta win the next round, okay I won that round gotta win the next won. There ya go Benson keep point fighting

Live by the close decision, die by the close decision.
It was bound to happen sooner or later.

Anytime there is a robbery it is bad.

Just because someone benefits from a robbery doesn't mean I want them to lose a fight later that they should have won. That makes zero sense.

For example Cowboy just got a gift decision tonight. I would be equally as pissed if Cowboy went out and got robbed in his next fight by judges and was given a loss when he should have won. I wouldn't say "Serves him right for getting a gift against Bendo"

I'm not talking about just the decision but also his fighting style. I think nobody can deny Henderson fights to win rounds and work the system. You fight like that then this is the risk you take. Just like Machida you run for 15 minutes with a blitz here and there then don't complain when you lose to Phil Davis. I am not saying it is nice to see a fighter get screwed over but do I feel bad for him, did he go out on his shield to win that fight? No

I thought Benson had it and I'll always root for him as he's from Federal Way but no I don't feel bad for him. I like Cerrone and obviously a 7 fight win streak = more hype than a 1-2 Bendo for a title shot contender.

And he has arguably has gotten win bonuses and wins on his record where some other guy got screwed over. Just like Hendricks and just like Machida. You leave gas in the tank then don't bitch

benson didn't bitch.

how do you know he left gas in the tank?

he may have gotten wins in arguable fights but how does that excuse this bullshit?

you give white belts a bad name.

He shouldn't be surprised. He's been on the other end of many of these same decisions. Bendo should fight to win, not to negate the other person's abilities. He always seems like he's fighting not to lose instead of having a killer instinct and chasing the W. Just my two cents.

Its not like he hasnt stole a few decisions himself. I do like this version of Bendo, i wish he was always that agressive in the cage.

I'm not a Bendo fan, but, I care because these BS judges decisions are ruining the UFC's credibility.

Live by the close decision, die by the close decision.
It was bound to happen sooner or later.

Except this wasn't a close decision though.

Bendo clearly won rounds 1 and 3.

I bet money on Cowboy and won. Still, I think Henderson won that fight for sure.

Back