Do people really care Benson lost?

I like Benson, even though he's lost to elite competition, it's a shame to see him on a 2 fight losing streak.

i care, i'm getting pretty fucking sick of this shitty promotion. cerrone looked like he was treading water the whole time

Yes I care, because it was bullshit and Benson has a despicable enough hater base as it is.

i care, i'm getting pretty fucking sick of this shitty promotion. cerrone looked like he was treading water the whole time

The judges' inadequacy isn't the UFC's fault. Dana thought Benson won, as did everyone who isn't a blind hater.

While I agree that we should care, for the sake of the sport, I can't feel bad for Bendo. Too many close decisions going his way for that.

I understand that point of view but fixing a error with another error isn't really fixing the error.

I say put 7 judges. The more people judging a fight ... the less likely the decision will be viewed incorrectly by the majority.

That or start giving more 10-10 rounds for close rounds where someone technically "won" but didn't dominate. That way fighters will try harder to truly win those rounds on damage. Also in case of a draw (say 10-10,10-9,9-10 happens) ... they get one extra round like they do in The Ultimate Fighter.

The fighters will now know that after 3 rounds they had a draw ... and these extra 5 minutes is their final opportunity to win the match. Since the fighters won't assume they are winning a close fight anymore ... they will know they MUST win this round which could lead to more finishes and more exciting fights.

I don't understand why they can't make any of these changes.

I understand that point of view but fixing a error with another error isn't really fixing the error.

I say put 7 judges. The more people judging a fight ... the less likely the decision will be viewed incorrectly by the majority.

That or start giving more 10-10 rounds for close rounds where someone technically "won" but didn't dominate. That way fighters will try harder to truly win those rounds on damage. Also in case of a draw (say 10-10,10-9,9-10 happens) ... they get one extra round like they do in The Ultimate Fighter.

The fighters will now know that after 3 rounds they had a draw ... and these extra 5 minutes is their final opportunity to win the match. Since the fighters won't assume they are winning a close fight anymore ... they will know they MUST win this round which could lead to more finishes and more exciting fights.

I don't understand why they can't make any of these changes.

Good thought, but no way is that a possibility in today's TV world. You have to plan out time for your TV show or PPV event, they'd have to build in an extra 5 potential minutes for EVERY fight. We saw what happened the last PPV that went nearly till the end if any one of those fights had been a draw the entire night we would have missed the decision.

Big fan of Benson. He gets a lot of hate because he's beaten some popular fighters, and because he wears his religion right out there, but I think he looked good and deserved the decision. He'll be back.

Anytime there is a robbery it is bad.

Just because someone benefits from a robbery doesn't mean I want them to lose a fight later that they should have won. That makes zero sense.

For example Cowboy just got a gift decision tonight. I would be equally as pissed if Cowboy went out and got robbed in his next fight by judges and was given a loss when he should have won. I wouldn't say "Serves him right for getting a gift against Bendo"

Good post.

Yep. He got robbed. I laugh when Dana said don't leave it in the hands of the judges.

Actually, the judges get paid very well to leave the fight in their hands. They are suppose to be knowledgeable, objective, and score the fight based on a criteria of effective striking, control, and points. They failed again. The better statement is to not leave it in the hands of the UFC to hire competent judges.

With the exception of events in a few countries, judges are hired and paid by the commission, not the UFC. Given how they handled Cung Le's drug test though, I doubt the UFC would do a better job.

quite obviously had Benson gotten that decision go his way, OP would have started a thread claiming 'another gift decision to Benson' or somewhere along those lines. The agenda's in here are so obvious. It's not like Cowboy went all out for a finish either. Has it occured to anyone that both guys are elite, and getting a finish on one isn't as easy as you keyboard warriors are thinking it is?

Just watched the fights and benson got robbed big time altough i was pulling for cowboy.

judges were terrible this evening. Cowboy and Pendred shouldve lost.

I felt that Benson won the rounds but really lost the fight in his first match with Cowboy, so I called it par for the course.

The fight should have been a draw, how is this a fucking robbery lol

The hell with Jebus point fighter anyways, he bores me to death!

Yes. Regardless of how I feel about a fighter, if it's clear they won and the judges give it to the other guy it cheapens the sport. Sometimes fights are so close I can see a judge going either way but last night was not one of those times.

Back