Do people realize the venue change is only 3.5 hours away?

I’m going to need to send you all Sarcasm Detectors next Christmas.

Sarcasm can be hard to distinguish on SD. Especially since there is a large contingent of posters that intentionally repost threads others have made.

You can rent a car for $19.99 here, and its a 3.5 hour drive. I did it last weekend. I find these sob stories about "I spent $2k for this trip and now I cant go" very hard to believe when its so fast and easy to get from Vegas to Inglewood.

Nah but trying to book those cars and book those hotels when New Years eve is on Monday is gonna be pricy and tough. Vegas is one thing but the tax in CA is outrageous. Vegas is fun and cheap actually for the most part, you don't even have to leave your hotel and you can get fucked up if you want too, in LA shit is expensive and nowhere near as loose. And actually to be fair OP 3.5 hours is an exaggeration. It would be around 4+ hours with traffic depending on what time of day you're driving.

More so is the UFC scrambling really hurt alot of people who went out of their way to have a good time in Vegas for the holidays and now have to find other arrangements. Just for a Jones fight. Hope he gets pulled the night before and the UFC scrambles again.

you can typically cancel a hotel room and flight with more than 24 hours notice (I'm not sure about people flying from Europe)
Most people only like to drive 20 or 30 mins in any direction for work or play

I don't imagine a UFC fighter drives for 3 hours. Jumps in to the octagon and fights straight away.
it's not an issue for the fighters the UFC pays for their travel and hotel room they will fly them into LA and have a roome for them there.

Last edited:
I'd be pissed if I had tickets and had to deal with that shit. Most people would/are

You can rent a car for $19.99 here, and its a 3.5 hour drive. I did it last weekend. I find these sob stories about "I spent $2k for this trip and now I cant go" very hard to believe when its so fast and easy to get from Vegas to Inglewood.

I hope this is a troll post?
First off it is 4hrs without traffic and there will be that day.

Also you have to leave extra early in case there are any issues on the road plus there is always mechanical failure possibly.

Then you have people that might like to party without the possibility of a 4-5 he drive

So I sincerely hope you were trolling, bc anyone that doesn't think this is a complete FU to the fans that bought tix and made plans around the promise that UFC would present an mma event, need to reexamine tnhings.

I hope this is a troll post?
First off it is 4hrs without traffic and there will be that day.

Also you have to leave extra early in case there are any issues on the road plus there is always mechanical failure possibly.

Then you have people that might like to party without the possibility of a 4-5 he drive

So I sincerely hope you were trolling, bc anyone that doesn't think this is a complete FU to the fans that bought tix and made plans around the promise that UFC would present an mma event, need to reexamine tnhings.

thanks frankie couldn't have said it better myself.

Does anyone here travel? There is this whole thing with flights and hotels called “refundable”. So, if you book refundable it’s like 3 times as expensive. You can imagine most folks book non refundable. My guess is a lot of people booked non refundable and now are freaking out.

Does anyone here travel? There is this whole thing with flights and hotels called “refundable”. So, if you book refundable it’s like 3 times as expensive. You can imagine most folks book non refundable. My guess is a lot of people booked non refundable and now are freaking out.

Not sure where you book hotels from, but I stay in alot of hotels and it's not 3 times as expensive.

Usually you can save maybe 10-15% by choosing non-refundable.

I know this because I always choose refundable. Saved my in this case, because I was able to cancel everything included in my Vegas trip (hotel, flight and tix)

You act like 3.5 hours is no big deal. And I bet most people planned a vacation in Vegas.

I live in the middle of my state kind of. If I were to drive 3.5 hours north I would be in Canada, and if I drove 3.5 hours south I would be in Oregon. Both places I would rather be than to drive 3.5 hours for a shit show ufc event

Only 3.5 hours? I honestly don't know how to answer this crap, do we include travel prices such as flights which cost a shit load at a weeks notice or driving which would take way longer, cancellation of hotels and re-booking, people probably didn't pay cancellation fee as they had no intention of cancelling themselves but are now forced to. What about the people who only wanted to go to the event and maybe had work early the next morning and now miss the entire event as they can't travel that late at night back to where they live, the stupidity goes on and on.

Why the fuck did they change an entire venue for a twat that in reality has no fans?
It feels like they are desperate. Totally insane. .

Literally the only upside of this for fans who planned to attend is that if you're forced to spend your New Years anywhere, there's worse places to do it than in Vegas.

Literally the only upside of this for fans who planned to attend is that if you're forced to spend your New Years anywhere, there's worse places to do it than in Vegas.

Not everyone is staying those extra days.
I am sure many just were going for the fight.

Back