Do people realize the venue change is only 3.5 hours away?

You can rent a car for $19.99 here, and its a 3.5 hour drive. I did it last weekend. I find these sob stories about "I spent $2k for this trip and now I cant go" very hard to believe when its so fast and easy to get from Vegas to Inglewood.
That's like driving from here in Manchester to London..
Fuck that. I hate London.

This is probably the stupidest thread in a while. You should go get checked for CTE.

Of course it's doable but if you booked a hotel room in LV why would you be OK with having to drive 7 hours back and forth to go to the event? What about after the event, maybe you want to go out drinking celebrating Gus' win? For everyone who has already booked their stay in LV this is crap.

You can rent a car for $19.99 here, and its a 3.5 hour drive. I did it last weekend. I find these sob stories about "I spent $2k for this trip and now I cant go" very hard to believe when its so fast and easy to get from Vegas to Inglewood.
I’ve been saying it all week
It’s 1st world problems

Aww you poor fuckers have gotta drive a bit further and cancel your hotel
My fucking heart bleeds

Problem is you can’t get a refund for your hotel if booked through 3rd party website like Expedia unless you got the insurance.

Not sure where you book hotels from, but I stay in alot of hotels and it's not 3 times as expensive.

Usually you can save maybe 10-15% by choosing non-refundable.

I know this because I always choose refundable. Saved my in this case, because I was able to cancel everything included in my Vegas trip (hotel, flight and tix)
Good point, my bad. With flights it is almost always 2 to 3 times as expensive when booking refundable vs non refundable. However, hotels aren’t usually that much of a difference in price. I’m a Marriott/SPG guy FYI.

Mr. Holt, please stay at the grappling section. You are a good poster there. Here not so much.

Vegas not being my favorite place in the world, when I am there I stay as close as possible to whatever I am doing so I do not have to be bother with car rental and other bullshit. Even if I have to pay a bit more. Of course, this generally results in my hotel being non-refundable, so given the OP scenario, I would have to rent a car, drive down before the event, find somewhere to stay because after having been up for 20 hours or so (I am an early riser) I do not want to make a long drive back. Which means I need to find a last minute place to stay.

In LA
On NYE weekend.

So, great, I get to spend even more money on either an expensive hotel or a shit-box with bloodstained sheets from some whore who forgot her maxi-pads and jizz stains on the walls. Great. Then of course there is the two day car rental. On an expensive weekend.

And that is best case scenario. The other things I had planned to do around the event are now even much harder or far more expensive as well.

Sort of like why, when I went to UFC 200, it was kind of a big deal when Jones fucked that up too. Nothing was refundable as I had burned frequent flyer miles and my rewards points at the Mariott. Now, I was, of course, still going to watch the fight regardless, but had they moved it I would have been fucking pissed. Actually, even more so because I had plans to visit friends that I had not seen in about a decade.

So, other than expense, inconvenience and plans, as well as possible additional issues with family, there is nothing wrong at all with your scenario, TS.

Cliffs:

Idiot

How dare you suggest that a average sherdogger with no life or friends take extra 3.5 hours of their worthless existence to go see a fight they have been waiting for over 5 years?
lets not forget that 99% of us aint even going there

Said like a man without no real financial obligations, a family, a sense of fiscal awareness or a desire to be treated like a valued customer.

Besides, who the fuck wants to check a flight to California then drive to Vegas? That's not fun. What if you're tired? What if you don't want to drive 3 hours at night? What if you had a sweet hotel minutes away from the venue? What if you just want a fucking refund on ALL your travel expenses?

You don't need lodging in LA. Just drive back to vegas.
Pretty obvious that you don't drive or have never driven out to an event or party before. It's ok when you grow you'll understand why people are upset about this.

Back