Do men listen to country music?

Country music barely exists where I live. Last song I remember was Achy Breaky Heart. If you put a gun to my head I couldn't name a current country artist, except Taylor Swift, but I have never heard her music.

I lived in Nashville for years and still didnt listen to it its still better than rap though and theres as much of that and hip hop as country music there now. Surprises tourists when they come to town and see that.

That stuff is incredibly gay.

I do listen to old country and old school new country can be awesome.

New country is an atrocity. But go back 10 or 15 years and prior, now that was country music.

I know one guy who listens to modern country music. Everyone he knows gives him a hard time but of all the shit I listen to that no one else likes, I can't criticize him.

Here's a country album I've been listening to lately. It's golden-age style:

I listen to almost strictly country. But only up until the early 2000s. The shit out now pisses me off. Every song is about going to a party, drinking, getting a girl in your truck, and going to some place that "noone knows". It seems that is the theme of 90% of the songs on the radio. But I do listen to a few newer guys, justin moore, Thomas rhett, Brett eldredge, and I discovered a guy yesterday that Ive had a man crush on for about a day. Mo Pitney, look him up. Kind of sounds like Kevin Denney, who IMO is the best to come through Nashville since Keith Whitley. But they told him he was too country. Whitley would've been the GOAT IMO.

Ha exactly. I hate to break it to all the hopeful teenagers out there but picking up a girl in your truck and driving around with the windows down until she magically decides to fuck you doesn't really happen.

Everyone in Georgia listens to country music, watches NASCAR, and roots for their favorite college team over the pros.

You say it like it's a bad thing.

Ha exactly. I hate to break it to all the hopeful teenagers out there but picking up a girl in your truck and driving around with the windows down until she magically decides to fuck you doesn't really happen.

You don't know what you're talking about. That's exactly how it happens;)

[YT]8PvebsWcpto[/YT]

The shit around today, what I've heard of it, is TERRIBLE.

My Dad is a big fan of OLD country. Todays Country he can't stand. He's pretty much given up on it.

I've never been much of a fan of it myself, besides maybe a bit of Garth, Urban, Cash...

I'm like the only one in my family that does not listen to country, but I think most of my family listens to old country. I have to admit that there are some good old country songs. I thought that country started really pissing the bed in the 90's w/ Brooks and Dunn, Garth Brooks, and, of course, the Achy Breaky Heart man. It is basically just shitty pop music with a twang

I hate country music with a passion.

I am cool with Dwight Yoakam, however.

This. DY is the about the only country music I can listen to, maybe because he still actually plays the guitar.

In my experience, the only men that listen to country music are married men who aren't allowed to listen to real music anymore.
Much like the rest of their lives, they are told what they can and cannot do.

other than that, modern country is complete garbage marketed at teens and young women.
All modern country songs are pretty much the same song. There are only 3 acceptable topics for modern country songs
1. lame unoriginal love song written for women.
2. I'm country/god bless america
3. Let's get drunk/dancing

I listen every now and then.
I usually listen to Billy Currington, Zac Brown, Eric Church, Tobey Keith, Eric Paslay

Of course Johnny Cash, though technically, I believe that is considered American folk.

No. I'm not anti-country though. It's just pop music with a "twang" anymore

You don't know what you're talking about. That's exactly how it happens;)

[YT]8PvebsWcpto[/YT]

Looks at those guys. Johnny Cash and Waylon Jennings would've beaten the piss out of them if they'd shown up at an actual honky tonk. Believe me, I grew up in rural Indiana and spent some time surrounded by drunk meth freaks in shit bars out in the sticks. Those guys look like they're due back in Athens in a few hours to supervise rush week.

Modern country is full of guys playing characters and gimmicks and playing pre-written trash.

Modern country is just pop music with twang. Can't stand the stuff. Gimme some classic country any day of the week.

Take this modern country and shove it! I ain't listening to that crap no more!
[YT]EzGoDtmTllg[/YT]

Back