Do men listen to country music?

I like some old country like Cash, Willy, and Waylon, etc. Anything after that is just total dogshit. Modern country music is just awful with lyrics, as a friend described, "like a ten year old wrote it."

Yeah, i know a few who listen to modern country. I can't stand it. It's not even country music. It's like a neutered version of Nickelback with a fiddle. That's incredibly bad.

I actually liked most country before the likes of Reba and Garth Brooks killed it.

Sure they do. It's just bad pop rock with a southern accent, it's got mass appeal.

There's an indie country/folk/bluegrass scene thats pretty good and mostly attracts a male audience, but it's kind of an extension of the Dylan singer-songwriter mold, and it's pretty nerdy.

I was a big country music fan pre-2000. But, 95% of country after 2000 is crap. There are a few modern acts I like such as Sugarland, Lady Antebellum, and Rascal Flatts.

Isn't country music just hillbilly pop songs now? Its easily the worst shit ever. Every dude has that "just got kicked in the nuts" yodelly voice. Straight garbage.

I can listen to certain bands in any other genre. I listen to 0 country.

It's probably the most popular style of music as a whole. But I personally don't enjoy modern country.

Yes. There is some solid country out there right now. If a song is good it's good it doesn't matter what genre. Some of the popular songs are decent too.

I actually picked up the Sam Hunt album and it's pretty good top to bottom. He goes a little cliche here and there but the whole talking/singing thing really works for him.

Black Atom is a neckbeard.

Radio country isn't country, it's twangy pop.

I listen to almost strictly country. But only up until the early 2000s. The shit out now pisses me off. Every song is about going to a party, drinking, getting a girl in your truck, and going to some place that "noone knows". It seems that is the theme of 90% of the songs on the radio. But I do listen to a few newer guys, justin moore, Thomas rhett, Brett eldredge, and I discovered a guy yesterday that Ive had a man crush on for about a day. Mo Pitney, look him up. Kind of sounds like Kevin Denney, who IMO is the best to come through Nashville since Keith Whitley. But they told him he was too country. Whitley would've been the GOAT IMO.

Me? No, not modern country. I like the older stuff though like Marty Robbins, Conway Twitty, Bud Spencer, and Roy Rogers.

Johnny Cash is cool, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings... modern country is shiite. My brother listens to country and its all shiite lad!!

Everyone in Georgia listens to country music, watches NASCAR, and roots for their favorite college team over the pros.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back