Do firearms make people dumber?

this is an important point

but i'd suspect that most of their plans wouldn't work without a gun?

I suspect without guns they'd make different plans.

We [gun owners] have the 2nd Amendment, the loony left has Roe v Wade which kills more humans than any thing or any one. Both are here to stay. It kills me that these people want to take away or hinder my right to protect myself but they have no qualms with the nearly 1 million lives that are snuffed out each year, most of those babies are black. The founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger was a racist who believed in eugenics. She thought most people were too poor and lazy (undesirable) to have children that they couldn't properly feed and educate. Anyway, no one talks about all the black babies being killed by abortion each year.

I am pro-choice and pro-gun...a man without a party

Last edited:
24253256.jpg

Wonka.+sencond+thing+i+ever+uploaded+please+dont+be+harsh_e850bc_3931525.jpeg

MakeGunsIllegalLikeDrugs.jpg

Mass murders in one go wouldn't be possible if guns weren't so readily available, at least in advanced western society.

Murders would still occur but it would mean the difference between 2-3 deaths and 20 deaths at once.

But yeah I agree about the location, nothing you can do about that.

Ever heard of dynamite? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

Ever heard of a knife?
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/12/14/china-knife-attack-school.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akihabara_massacre

Ever heard of fire/gasoline?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julio_Gonz%C3%A1lez_(arsonist)

So, no guns were used in these situations, but mass murder was still easily accomplished. What the fuck are you talking about?

And not to be a total dick, but if all the teachers were armed, or at least certain teachers were armed, there would have been a very possible chance for them to either hit the shooter, or scare him and make him flee. We'll never know, but there is a possibility that armed teachers / guards / principals could have deterred the shooter, or even hit/hurt/killed him before he was able to kill all of those children.

Also, what's stopping this same kind of lunatic from filling up a camel-bak or two with gasoline, and doing the same thing, instead just dousing everybody in gasoline and setting them on fire? Guns are not the issue, it's people that are lunatics. It's an unfortunate side-effect of living in a society, shit like this has gone on forever in societies all over the world. Do you really think that banning firearms is going to prevent this type of massacre?

People with guns aren't necessarily dumber...The topic of firearms after a tragedy makes both sides dumber when "discussing" it.

I have two firearms and I'm real dumb. So no, being the answer to your question.

no

my brother in law is a gun nut who moves to the US so he can buy guns and he's a member of Mensa with an IQ above 150.

I still disagree with him despite all of his solid arguments on the matter.

my take on what happened in CT is that I believe it has more to do with the violent culture of the US than gun control. I haven't looked into any of the data but I'm wondering if the recent surge in mass shootings is correlational with media exposure and increase in sensationalist journalism. A gun is a weapon but the real danger is the intention.

That's not to say there shouldn't be restrictions on guns. However, a responsible gun owner is about as safe with a gun as someone who is chopping onions with a knife.

Great. Now because of some psycho, my custom Ruger Scout has suddenly gone from bitchn to someone call the cops.

As awkward as any middle eastern boarding a plane after 9/11.

Great. Now because of some psycho, my custom Ruger Scout has suddenly gone from bitchn to someone call the cops.

As awkward as any middle eastern boarding a plane after 9/11.

yeah, not cause you own a gun. But because you're stupid and stupid people shouldn't own guns.

If the government was to try and implement a gun control policy tomorrow, I would likely give up my weapons without much thought. But knowing some parts of the US, it would probably lead to another civil war.

If the government was to try and implement a gun control policy tomorrow, I would likely give up my weapons without much thought. But knowing some parts of the US, it would probably lead to another civil war.

civil war or civil unrest?

Granted, probably many members of the military wouldn't take too kindly to the gun control policy and many of them would support the pro gun movement.

Cops would not be able to contain the unrest.

You might be onto something....

Granted, probably many members of the military wouldn't take too kindly to the gun control policy and many of them would support the pro gun movement.

Probably unrest initially and eventually secession. Don't know if we want to destroy our own country over it again though. Who knows, people are passionate about shit.

People fucking riot over sports championships.

Imagine taking away the 2nd amendment.

People fucking riot over sports championships.

Imagine taking away the 2nd amendment.

People riot in Europe or the Middle East. And it's not like even the rioters in England won their war.

People in the U.S. are like toads in a pot of water that's been set to slowly start boiling.

They would bitch about it on Facebook for a while and then comply in the end.

People riot in Europe or the Middle East.

People in the U.S. are like toads in a pot of water that's been set to slowly start boiling.

They would bitch about it on Facebook for a while and then comply in the end.

ah, learned helplessness

although I don't think that's the US. Not the South at least.

Back