Opinion Diversity in hiring - Should we hire based on skin color, sexual preference, disability status - or the content of someone's character?

True, and in the past nobody was hiring "unqualified" white men over-qualified minorities or women. They just preferred to have an office that was predominately white and male, so they would consider those applicants first.
Sounds like those dinosaurs were leaving some money on the table to me, but whatever.

The results of Conditioning and propaganda

This is how you make racist, in the name of DEI. Enviromental surroundings can easily push people towards racist views.

Reverend King was asking for equal treatment, not special treatment.
Try again.
He actually said this
Martin Luther King Jr said:
A society that has done something special against the Negro for hundreds of years must now do something special for the Negro.
Does kind of sound like asking for special treatment if you ask me.

He actually said this

Does kind of sound like asking for special treatment if you ask me.
One of his most famous speeches, "I Have a Dream," delivered during the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom in 1963, emphasized his vision of a future where people would be judged by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin.

One of his most famous speeches, "I Have a Dream," delivered during the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom in 1963, emphasized his vision of a future where people would be judged by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin.
And in a speech have gave four days before being assassinated he said this:
Now there is another myth that still gets around; it is a kind of overreliance on the bootstrap philosophy. There are those who still feel that if the Negro is to rise out of poverty, if the Negro is to rise out of slum conditions, if he is to rise out of discrimination and segregation, he must do it all by himself. And so they say the Negro must lift himself by his own bootstraps.

They never stop to realize that no other ethnic group has been a slave on American soil. The people who say this never stop to realize that the nation made the black man’s color a stigma; but beyond this they never stop to realize that they owe a people who were kept in slavery 244 years.

In 1863 the Negro was told that he was free as a result of the Emancipation Proclamation being signed by Abraham Lincoln. But he was not given any land to make that freedom meaningful.
It was something like keeping a person in prison for a number of years and suddenly discovering that that person is not guilty of the crime for which he was convicted. And you just go up to him and say, “Now you are free,” but you don’t give him any bus fare to get to town. . . .

And the irony of it all is that at the same time the nation failed to do anything for the black man--through an act of Congress--it was giving away millions of acres of land in the West and the Midwest. . . . Not only did it give the land, it built land-grant colleges to teach them how to farm. Not only that, it provided county agents to further their expertise in farming. Not only that, as the years unfolded it provided low interest rates so that they could mechanize their farms. And to this day thousands of these very persons are receiving millions of dollars in federal subsidies every year not to farm.

And these are so often the very people who tell Negroes that they must lift themselves by their own bootstraps. It’s all right to tell a man to lift himself by his own bootstraps, but it is a cruel jest to say to a bootless man that he ought to lift himself by his own bootstraps.

We must come to see that the roots of racism are very deep in our country, and there must be something positive and massive in order to get rid of all the effects of racism and the tragedies of racial injustice.
I think its fair to say that MLK would've supported initiatives to help close the wealth and achievement gap between blacks and whites.

I think its fair to say that MLK would've supported initiatives to help close the wealth and achievement gap between blacks and whites.
sure he would but that's not happening in a sufficient way

Did he assert how that wouldve been done? I wonder if African Americans were given land at that time, if we would see less of a disperity today.

Did he assert how that wouldve been done? I wonder if African Americans were given land at that time, if we would see less of a disperity today.
I think we almost certainly would've had far fewer social problems relating to race if ex-slaves were given their rightful 40 acres and a mule at the time.

This is how you make racist, in the name of DEI. Enviromental surroundings can easily push people towards racist views.

"LGBTQIA2S+"

even "two spirits" are being invited but not straight white men...
<31>

True he died while helping sanitation workers. I think he had belief in his people they could get the work done. He would have been a wealthy guy. I mean his life was a lot less pious than his sermons.

Per FBI wiretap while in the midst of a double white girl threesome
“I’m not a negro tonight!!!!”

True he died while helping sanitation workers. I think he had belief in his people they could get the work done. He would have been a wealthy guy. I mean his life was a lot less pious than his sermons.

Per FBI wiretap while in the midst of a double white girl threesome
“I’m not a negro tonight!!!!”
That’s not a joke thats a quote
Kind of interesting how you went from quoting him to undermining his character by reference to the FBI surveillance tapes.

Kind of interesting how you went from quoting him to undermining his character by reference to the FBI surveillance tapes.
Undermining his character?
You mean portraying the man as he lived flawed like any one of us. Ok dude.

Back