Disappointed In Jones

you guys don't know what ducking is.

ducking is when you consistently avoid fighting the top contender and obvious opponent. he just fucking fought guy. he had another challenger all lined up. i'd be fine either way but some of you just like to be bitches either way.

like i said: as a fan, i want to see jones challenged. i'm more confident in gustafsson doing this, than i am with teixeira. and as a fan, i'm not concerned with which fighter deserves which fight. i'm concerned with watching challenging fights. that's what makes for great fights.

when you're talking about the champions of divisions, i think it's necessary that they fight the toughest challengers. and since gustafsson gave him his toughest fight with a controversial decision, i think it's warranted.

it's warranted. but so is fighting glover. i'd rather him fight gus next, but it's perfectly reasonable for that not to happen. people spend way to much time bitching about reasonable situations.

like i said: as a fan, i want to see jones challenged. i'm more confident in gustafsson doing this, than i am with teixeira. and as a fan, i'm not concerned with which fighter deserves which fight. i'm concerned with watching challenging fights. that's what makes for great fights.

when you're talking about the champions of divisions, i think it's necessary that they fight the toughest challengers. and since gustafsson gave him his toughest fight with a controversial decision, i think it's warranted.

You're entitled to your opinion, and it's a reasonable one at that. But you're previous posts imply that anyone who has a differing opinion, like me, is wrong. As a fan, I do care about which fighter deserves which fight. Just because you don't doesn't make my opinion wrong.

it's warranted. but so is fighting glover. i'd rather him fight gus next, but it's perfectly reasonable for that not to happen. people spend way to much time bitching about reasonable situations.

lol, well it's certainly not the end of the world. i won't be losing any sleep over it. i'm simply giving my point of view.

debating =/= bitching

You're entitled to your opinion, and it's a reasonable one at that. But you're previous posts imply that anyone who has a differing opinion, like me, is wrong. As a fan, I do care about which fighter deserves which fight. Just because you don't doesn't make my opinion wrong.

if i implied it, i didn't mean it. opinions aren't facts, so i sort of take it for granted that people know that i'm coming from that point of view.

i agree, and it's weird because this is coming from fans. it's almost as if some people around here think they're jon jones's manager and are looking out for his best interest.

i don't know about some of you, but i want to see champions challenged. gustafsson gave jones by far his toughest fight, and some fans don't want to see a rematch? why not let those two fight again and have teixeira wait? i'd say the odds are in the favor of gustafsson giving jones a tougher fight over teixeira simply for the fact that we've seen what gustafsson can do against jones. with glover, no one has a clue. best to go with what you're more confident about.

You are making it an either or that doesn't exist. First, accepting the fight is not an issue. The UFC decided not to do an automatic rematch.

Jones fighting Glover doesn't mean Gus doesn't get a second chance. What is the downside of them fighting in the summer after each winning a fight?

Glover is on the bigger growth curve at the moment. Waiting one or two fights before rematching Jones should benefit him more.

It will also make it more marketable if they both beat soundly the comp they face and come together as the 'only ones to put each other to the test and brink of defeat', last time.

I am personnaly tired of instant rematches, so I'm very happy Jones is fighting Glover.

If both Jones and Gus win their next fight, we'll see Jones vs Gus 2.

Patience.

Thank you. So people think that fighting Glover is taking the easy way out huh? Jeez. I wouldn't be shocked if Glover wins.

Jones wants to fight the guy who almost got finished by Ryan Bader instead of the guy who arguably beat him. If Jones believes in himself as much as he says he does he wouldn't have a problem finishing things with Gus.

Fuck instant rematches. Guys shouldn't be getting titleshots off wins.

Same with Anderson, same with Diaz, same with Sonnen and same with Tate (ironically, I root for all of them).

Stahp it.

Thank you. So people think that fighting Glover is taking the easy way out huh? Jeez. I wouldn't be shocked if Glover wins.

I couldn't care less about Glover, Gus or Jones but I hope Glover does beat Jones for trying to duck Gus.

haters crying about ducking, he will fight gus after this fight, buhyy

I am personnaly tired of instant rematches, so I'm very happy Jones is fighting Glover.

If both Jones and Gus win their next fight, we'll see Jones vs Gus 2.

Patience.

I get what you are saying, but still.

haters out of control yet again. They say Jones got schooled on the feet, yet Glover has some of the best boxing in the division. No doubt he has heavier hands than Gus. Only Jones can duck someone by choosing to a fight a guy who's on a 20 fight win streak and a fighter who's greatest strength is arguably his biggest weakness.

That guy was on the verge of being stopped by Bader. Glover is overrated as hell and doesn't have the handspeed and range that Gus have to give Jones any problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back