Disappointed In Jones

Agreed! They're in their mid-twenties for crying out loud, do you want to see them fight 5 times? That's the situation I fear we're getting into with JDS/Cain. Cain's last 5 fights JDS/Bigfoot/JDS/Bigfoot/JDS. Who really wants that?

I'm with this.

I truly believe instant rematches strip integrity from the sport, and from the winner as well. A polar opposite of this situation is Silva/Weidman. Weidman KOed Silva, and Silva gets an instant rematch? I don't believe that you should be awarded an automatic rematch based on past accomplishments.

That's very insulting to what Weidman accomplished. It's like saying "oh... well we think that was a fluke, so we're gonna make you fight him again... right away".

That being said -- there isn't another top contender with 20 straight wins ready to fight Weidman, like there is for Jones. Who else does Weidman fight? An aging Vitor Belfort? A relatively unproven Souza? Bisping? Middleweight really isn't exactly the most competitive division right now. Silva likely only has a few fights left in him -- UFC is going to be giving him the biggest fights to milk as much PPV money they can before he retires. That likely means giving him title shots. The biggest draw for Silva right now is pretty easily the guy who just beat him.

There is at least 1 fight for Jones in Glover -- if Jones and Gus both win early next year I don't see how Dana / Jones get around the rematch sometime in the summer of 2014. These guys are both 26 -- we don't need them fighting each other half a dozen times by the time they are in their mid 30s.

I am sure at times GSP has thought he was the best P4P fighter and he never talks like that about any of his opponents.

True, but I think Jones would say that about just about anyone. The point being that his stating that Glover wasn't ready for him (ironically, to defend his choice of fighting Gus against claims of "ducking" Glover) and fighting him now instead of rematching a guy he just beat via unanimous decision isn't horribly out of line or any kind of "Gotcha!" moment.

True, but I think Jones would say that about just about anyone. The point being that his stating that Glover wasn't ready for him (ironically, to defend his choice of fighting Gus against claims of "ducking" Glover) and fighting him now instead of rematching a guy he just beat via unanimous decision isn't horribly out of line or any kind of "Gotcha!" moment.

Why not before the Gus fight he said he wasn't ready, now he wants to fight him next when it seems he could have asked for Gus and gotten him as well since the fight was so close.

It's this quote that doesn't make sense, "I'm going to fight Glover and I will answer all the critics about the Gustafsson fight". If that was the case he would have wanted to fight Gus right away.

I don't think it's that big of a deal though because he will fight him again after Gus gets another win or two.

I am personnaly tired of instant rematches, so I'm very happy Jones is fighting Glover.

If both Jones and Gus win their next fight, we'll see Jones vs Gus 2.

Patience.

This.

First of all it was a solid win for Jones. So no need for immediate rematch. Glover deserves his chance.

What if Gustafsson would win the rematch? Then there would be number three as well. Not that I don't like the match-up but others deserve their shots as well

Why not before the Gus fight he said he wasn't ready, now he wants to fight him next when it seems he could have asked for Gus and gotten him as well since the fight was so close.

It's this quote that doesn't make sense, "I'm going to fight Glover and I will answer all the critics about the Gustafsson fight". If that was the case he would have wanted to fight Gus right away.

I don't think it's that big of a deal though because he will fight him again after Gus gets another win or two.

It's not "He's not ready for a title shot and isn't ready to get into the cage with me," it's "he's not ready to BEAT me" - which I guarantee you every fighter would say about every opponent they've ever faced.

So, no. As far as that quote, he's says mixed up stuff, but what I get from that is that he will be so awesomely sharp and dominant, people will STFU.

It doesn't have to make sense to us, just to him for it to come out of his mouth.

He said he fights Gus after Glover. He's fighting him again. relax.

Same here. I used to be a big fan of his. This is just too obvious what hes trying to do.

Fight Glover first then Gus? How could he!?!? Can all these threads with the same people crying about Gus not getting an immediate rematch/Jones hate be merged?? At this point, nearly everyone who dislikes/hates Jon deems it necessary to make an unoriginal thread dissecting every word he says/everything he does, it's pretty sad. Enjoy the fights, who gives a shit about anything else?

I am personnaly tired of instant rematches, so I'm very happy Jones is fighting Glover.

If both Jones and Gus win their next fight, we'll see Jones vs Gus 2.

Patience.

I'm with this guy ^. Everyone complains about instant rematches and then complains when there isn't one.

It's not "He's not ready for a title shot and isn't ready to get into the cage with me," it's "he's not ready to BEAT me" - which I guarantee you every fighter would say about every opponent they've ever faced.

So, no. As far as that quote, he's says mixed up stuff, but what I get from that is that he will be so awesomely sharp and dominant, people will STFU.

It doesn't have to make sense to us, just to him for it to come out of his mouth.

He doesn't seem very good at putting his thoughts together, I liked what he said in his post fight interview but he says a lot of things that makes him look bad.

Back