Disagree with pettis about wec vs ufc

Yeah apparently because Diego Sanchez won a close fight against Clay Guida and Pettis lost a close fight to Guida in his UFC debut Diego is super elite and that LW division was so much better. Apparently Sherk who had like one fight in the past few years in which he should've lost to Evan Dunham would beat the much younger, diverse and more active Cowboy or Pettis.

Or somehow he feels the division where Sherk vs Ken Flo & BJ penn-Joe Daddy Stevenson were title fights was way better then the WEC.

Sherk beat Dunham fair and square, so sick of all the nonsensical bitching over that fight.

I think Maynard would beat both Cerrone and Pettis, his wrestling is too good and I don't think he would be subbed by them. But hey, you never know. Crazy shit happens in this sport.

Like Maynard knocking himself out again!

Siver dropped to FW after Cerrone put him away quickly. Guida dropped down after Bendo mauled him and he had that embarrassing fight with Maynard. Guida became a contender from beating Pettis. Lauzon was a fringe contender before Pettis KO'd him, since he beat Melvin. Miller vs Bendo was a important LW fight, Jim had won 7 in a row. Edgar dropped to LW after losing twice to Bendo. Those are 5 LW's who have lost steam because of WEC LW's.

My point is that the WEC guys have to do with the state of the division (pretty much everything since Gray has only won 1 fight after losing to Edgar), not that they benefited from it without doing anything.

exactly. and i would have thought that since the #2 WEC guy holds the UFC strap was enough argument. alas, it's sherdog.

Never thought of it that way. If you think about it, it was WEC vs. the next gen of UFC LW's with Maynard, Edgar, Diaz, etc

Benson Pettis and cerrone seems to be stable in the top 10 of the lw division. Not bad for a second rate org!

Benson Pettis and cerrone seems to be stable in the top 10 of the lw division. Not bad for a second rate org!

Ben is the only one, so far, to be competitive in the upper tier of the Division.
This is the fact.
By no means do I intend a slight to any of the three. Am I missing something?

They're in the UFC now and either fight "up", or they won't reach the tier that determines the Champion.
Henderson has. The jury is out on Pettis and Cerrone.

Saying you are not a edgar fan then trying to tell people he won the first fight is completely contradictory.

Only the most delusional of edgar fans think he won the first one.
I'm not at all but I thought he won RDS 1 4 and 5 based on takedowns. And the 2nd fight RDS 2 3 4 and 5
Edgar lost to Penn in their initial fight. Was finished by Maynard in Maynard/Edgar 2. I've seen many fights stopped for far less than another beating Edgar suffered seconds in to their third fight.
Lost 2 straight to Henderson. Yep, Edgars a FW; maybe a BW soon.
The debate is skewed. They're all UFC Fighters, now.
Pettis should focus on beating Cowboy, and stop the conjecture paralells of WEC "greatness".
I like the three of them. However, Ben was not impressive in Ben/Frankie 2, Cerrone was woeful against Nate Diaz, and for obvious reasons, Pettis has the least to "crow" about in the UFC.
And yes, Gray Maynard is the 800 lb elephant in the room; even though he beats up on FWs.......... or BWs.
BJ won the first Edgar fight I know that, the Maynard fight is Hazy.
I think Maynard dec both Pettis and Benson
I feel sorry for this man

Yyyyyep...

He did enough to retain his belt the first time and IMO clearly won the second fight.

Has nothing to do with it lol. It's Wec vs ufc when the debate first started. How wec guys beat middle of the pack lw fighters & all the sudden pettis thinks they have the best lw's...they dont, when the debate first started the ufc lw division was stacked & in its prime. It's now filled with up & comers.

I would love to hear about all of these fighters that made the UFC LW division stacked before the WEC merger.

Because, from what I saw, you only named 3 or 4.

WEC was badass, I miss the WEC

Me too. I think the smaller cage suited the smaller fighters better. Forced the action more. Plus it seemed like the fighters were all fighting like they had nothing to lose and everything to gain.

WEC always put on really sick fights.

I think the first fight in Bendo vs Frankie was super close and could of gone either way with the judges. I think it was only so close though because of Bendo's hail mary up kick that was super lower percentage and really just a big mistake by Frankie.

Second fight Frankie clearly won.

SO you are saying UFC > WEC because of Gray Maynard? I really don't think so. I think both the UFC and WEC has good LWs.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC-144-Edgar-vs-Henderson-Results-and-PlaybyPlay-40111
2 of 3 sherdog judges gave it to Edgar

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012...kie-edgar-vs-ben-henderson-updates/in/2588910
they gave it to edgar

Those are the 2 most viewed websites from myself, I'm not even going to do this with the huge fuck up that was UFC 150. Cant believe I'm defending Edgar.

And? They're all wrong too. Again I will admit Frankie probably should have got the nod the second time. But the first time Bendo blatantly won. No question about it.

Since we're pulling out names of people who (incorrectly) gave Frankie the first fight I'll give you one that said he thought Bendo won twice. The guy in your avatar.

I'm not at all but I thought he won RDS 1 4 and 5 based on takedowns. And the 2nd fight RDS 2 3 4 and 5

BJ won the first Edgar fight I know that, the Maynard fight is Hazy.
I think Maynard dec both Pettis and Benson

Yeah because takedowns where you're forced to give them up pretty much straight away because your arm is being twisted behind your back for a kimura win you rounds.

I think the first fight in Bendo vs Frankie was super close and could of gone either way with the judges. I think it was only so close though because of Bendo's hail mary up kick that was super lower percentage and really just a big mistake by Frankie.

Second fight Frankie clearly won.

The second fight was closer than the first one. My mind is baffled that anyone could have possibly scored the first fight for Edgar. That is comically inaccurate.

Nay-sayers love pointing out the upkick and trying to write everyone who gave Bendo the first fight off as idiots who were fooled by that one move, but it's nonsense. I had Bendo up at least three rounds going into the final.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back