Social Disabled employee wins $125m lawsuit from Wal-Mart

Your feathers are easily ruffled. Life must present many challenges for you.

Walmart is a business, not a charity. Businesses shouldn't be compelled to make diversity hires. Businesses shouldn't hold their diversity hires to a different standard than any of their other employees. Businesses should be allowed to makes schedules without being sued by their least useful employee.
If you said they are nicer than they are required to be we would be having a different discussion. But you said they should not be as nice to the disabled people on their staff as they are. What is wrong with you? Did your father make you run laps barefoot whenever you got a bad grade or something? Who in the actual fuck should be less nice to anyone without cause, let alone a disabled person, and let alone over such a disproportionate impact between the employee and the employer?

My challenges are my own. You challenges are yours and for everyone around you because you have no faith in other human beings and don't value people equally. One thing's guaranteed, I wouldn't hire you for my business because you have no empathy for the people you work with or serve, never mind the repugnant attitude that disabled people are somehow lesser human beings--than you even, that's rich. I repeat, go fuck yourself with something sharp.

Your feathers are easily ruffled. Life must present many challenges for you.

Walmart is a business, not a charity. Businesses shouldn't be compelled to make diversity hires. Businesses shouldn't hold their diversity hires to a different standard than any of their other employees. Businesses should be allowed to makes schedules without being sued by their least useful employee.
Yes, useless employees stay employees for 16 years.

The ada requires Walmart to make accommodations. Them fucking with the schedule so the person couldn’t catch a bus caused them to be late which gave Walmart an excuse to fire them.

I hope the employee wins and gets the full 9 figures. It’d be a nice shot across the bow of corporations to stop pulling these stunts.

Ruffl
If you said they are nicer than they are required to be we would be having a different discussion. But you said they should not be as nice to the disabled people on their staff as they are. What is wrong with you? Did your father make you run laps barefoot whenever you got a bad grade or something? Who in the actual fuck should be less nice to anyone without cause, let alone a disabled person, and let alone over such a disproportionate impact between the employee and the employer?

My challenges are my own. You challenges are yours and for everyone around you because you have no faith in other human beings and don't value people equally. One thing's guaranteed, I wouldn't hire you for my business because you have no empathy for the people you work with or serve, never mind the repugnant attitude that disabled people are somehow lesser human beings--than you even, that's rich. I repeat, go fuck yourself with something sharp.
Some people are more useful than others. That's just how the cookie crumbles. She is a less capable person than a person that doesn't have downs. The only thing she brings to the table is helping Walmart meet its diversity quota.

Yes, useless employees stay employees for 16 years.

The ada requires Walmart to make accommodations.

The only thing she brings to the table is that she helps Walmart meet its diversity quota.

I'm aware that the ADA exists. It isn't good legislation. Employers should hire the best person for the job and not be required by law to make special accomodations.

It’s a regular occurrence from what I’ve heard… Working their employees right up until they’re due for a raise or promotion & letting them go.

This case just happens to have a disability to excuse.

not unusual treatment by many companies and a huge reason why I never understood why people are so bent on sacrificing for a company over your own and your family's needs. Stupid.

She's like

"Now who's retarded?"

<bball2>

$125 Million is a ridiculous amount, but she'll get a fraction of that once it's been reduced on appeal. This was simply the Jury saying, "Fuck you, assholes" to Walmart.

Which is a pity, because huge companies who treat loyal employees like trash deserve to get prison-raped in court.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back