Social Disabled employee wins $125m lawsuit from Wal-Mart

Civil court makes no sense. Where do you come up with a figure like that?

Hopefully Walmart fired whoever the shit head was that denied her schedule adjustment

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/16/walmart-loses-eeoc-disability-discrimination-lawsuit.html

• Wal-Mart hires an employee with down syndrome who works at the company just fine for several years
  • Wal-Mart starts using an algorithm to adjust employee working times. Her schedule is changed from 12-4 to 1-5:30.
  • The new schedule conflicts with bus schedules, making it difficult for her to travel. Her family argues to Wal-Mart that this is causing her a bunch of stress. Walmart refuses to adjust the schedule.
  • After a few months, she racks up several tardies and is terminated.
  • She sues. Jury finds that Wal-Mart failed to make reasonable accommodations for her and awards her $125M.
So I agree with the jury here that Wal-Mart did her dirty. Adjusting her schedule back by an hour would be a small change for them, but would drastically help her out and they should have done so. But $125M seems insane, no? This should have been like a $100k suit. That's a crazy amount.
Her parents must be very proud of her.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/16/walmart-loses-eeoc-disability-discrimination-lawsuit.html

• Wal-Mart hires an employee with down syndrome who works at the company just fine for several years
  • Wal-Mart starts using an algorithm to adjust employee working times. Her schedule is changed from 12-4 to 1-5:30.
  • The new schedule conflicts with bus schedules, making it difficult for her to travel. Her family argues to Wal-Mart that this is causing her a bunch of stress. Walmart refuses to adjust the schedule.
  • After a few months, she racks up several tardies and is terminated.
  • She sues. Jury finds that Wal-Mart failed to make reasonable accommodations for her and awards her $125M.
So I agree with the jury here that Wal-Mart did her dirty. Adjusting her schedule back by an hour would be a small change for them, but would drastically help her out and they should have done so. But $125M seems insane, no? This should have been like a $100k suit. That's a crazy amount.
Wwe only needed to pay Owen Hart's family like 18m and he died when they dropped him from the rafters.

125million???? Wtf

Are those disabled people I’m calling tardy tards? Are you going to pretend you can’t see the difference?

You realize calling that calling non-retards, retards, is why the word retard has a stigma, right? If no one went around using retard as an insult and a synonym for stupid, it would still just be a medical term.

The $125 million is punitive damages, while it seems excessive it's purpose is to punish large corporations in a way to keep them from ever doing this again. $100K would be a drop in the bucket to Walmart, and it wouldn't stop them from doing this again to another employee.

You realize calling that calling non-retards, retards, is why the word retard has a stigma, right? If no one went around using retard as an insult and a synonym for stupid, it would still just be a medical term.
Derp Derp Marxism Derp.

you insulted a person with Down syndrome. You’re pathetic

125 million is ridiculous. I don't see how that can be justified.

Derp Derp Marxism Derp.

you insulted a person with Down syndrome. You’re pathetic
Search function finds you insulting people with the term "retard" or some variation several times. Calm down.

Search function finds you insulting people with the term "retard" or some variation several times. Calm down.
yawn. I'll quote myself

Are those disabled people I’m calling tardy tards? Are you going to pretend you can’t see the difference?

I have lifelong friends who are disabled and it's a privilege. Eat shit. Honest to fuck go fuck yourself with something sharp. Should be? According to what measure?

PFO disgusting prick, TYVM

Your feathers are easily ruffled. Life must present many challenges for you.

Walmart is a business, not a charity. Businesses shouldn't be compelled to make diversity hires. Businesses shouldn't hold their diversity hires to a different standard than any of their other employees. Businesses should be allowed to makes schedules without being sued by their least useful employee.

Back