Social Disabled employee wins $125m lawsuit from Wal-Mart

You sound like a crazy woman.

Getting fired for not being able to be there when they tell you has happened to hundreds of thousands of people.. It sucks equally for everybody, and probably worse for others who are providers.. They all don’t get 125million you absolute moron.
I think you missed the part where I told you to shut the fuck up, hucklebuck. But as long as you are waving your pissflaps, go back to my post where I said they would likely get a lot less but whether they do or not anything that offends a piece of shit like you is probably a good thing.

Someone once said that when your in line at Walmart look at the 6 people ahead of you and the 6 people behind you. Thats who makes up juries and who decides people's and companies fate. Kind of ironic given this case

it's good that she won but that is a fckn ridiculous amount of money

...but they are way nicer to the handicapped than they should be by virtue of giving them jobs at all

I have lifelong friends who are disabled and it's a privilege. Eat shit. Honest to fuck go fuck yourself with something sharp. Should be? According to what measure?

PFO disgusting prick, TYVM

Should have just canned her outright... This is nonsense. If you don't like the hours or terms of employment go work somewhere else... Unless they are expected to accommodate
The American with Disabilities Act (I think that’s the name) means they’re expected to accommodate.

Walmart knew what the fuck they were doing

You sound like a crazy woman.

Getting fired for not being able to be there when they tell you has happened to hundreds of thousands of people.. It sucks equally for everybody, and probably worse for others who are providers.. They all don’t get 125million you absolute moron.
Yeah, but the ADA implies accommodations must be made if they are not unreasonable. Asking someone to set your hours so you can take the bus to get to work isn't a ridiculous accommodation to make for someone.

Yeah, but the ADA implies accommodations must be made if they are not unreasonable. Asking someone to set your hours so you can take the bus to get to work isn't a ridiculous accommodation to make for someone.
Are you accommodating their disability, or the bus schedule?

I think you missed the part where I told you to shut the fuck up, hucklebuck. But as long as you are waving your pissflaps, go back to my post where I said they would likely get a lot less but whether they do or not anything that offends a piece of shit like you is probably a good thing.
Hey.. You sound like an angry, weak loser. Sorry to your father. His genes were fail. He did bad.

Are you accommodating their disability, or the bus schedule?
If the only issue is a person’s transportation it should be expected if they’re a good employee you can make it fit their work.

I realize most of your work experience is in a work crew after a “fight” or leering at someone so I guess I shouldn’t have expected you to understand.

If the only issue is a person’s transportation it should be expected if they’re a good employee you can make it fit their work.

I realize most of your work experience is in a work crew after a “fight” or leering at someone so I guess I shouldn’t have expected you to understand.
Except for that year as a public defender and the years I’ve spent in management type positions.. 7 years as a paralegal etc..

But nice childish debating skills that show your inferior intellect.. Inferior intellect is pretty in style with your crew these days.

It’s seems that a lot of people don’t know that businesses are given federal and state tax credits for hiring workers disabilities.

Walmart does seem to have a long track record of hiring workers with disabilities but they also have a history trying to circumvent ADA rules when trying to adjust these workers shifts and roles. This seems to be an on going issue with Walmart disability employment program. Walmart has slowly been trying to get rid of greeters and replace them with hosts. It’s looks like there might be a more sinister reason behind this.

In 2005, Walmart faced outcry over a leaked internal memo that proposed cutting soaring health costs by, among other things, requiring that all jobs include some physical activity.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/16/walmart-loses-eeoc-disability-discrimination-lawsuit.html

• Wal-Mart hires an employee with down syndrome who works at the company just fine for several years
  • Wal-Mart starts using an algorithm to adjust employee working times. Her schedule is changed from 12-4 to 1-5:30.
  • The new schedule conflicts with bus schedules, making it difficult for her to travel. Her family argues to Wal-Mart that this is causing her a bunch of stress. Walmart refuses to adjust the schedule.
  • After a few months, she racks up several tardies and is terminated.
  • She sues. Jury finds that Wal-Mart failed to make reasonable accommodations for her and awards her $125M.
So I agree with the jury here that Wal-Mart did her dirty. Adjusting her schedule back by an hour would be a small change for them, but would drastically help her out and they should have done so. But $125M seems insane, no? This should have been like a $100k suit. That's a crazy amount.
It will be limited to 300k as is the max for this type of issue in that state. Which if you read the article you would see that.

Except for that year as a public defender and the years I’ve spent in management type positions.. 7 years as a paralegal etc..

But nice childish debating skills that show your inferior intellect.. Inferior intellect is pretty in style with your crew these days.
Just cause you defend yourself for a year…. That don’t make you a public defender

Back