Dillian Whyte : "Im being frozen out of title picture"

He's definitely not done the right thing for the moment, but he's worth more than $4m. He knows he is too and taking a shit offer like that would probably feel like a blow to his pride. If Hearn didn't already have plans to go to America and take on a top 10 ranked undefeated guy you build AJs brand, then Whyte would not be getting $4m.

I don’t think he is. He would accept less than that to fight wilder, but not Joshua. He wants more based on the other guys name and popularity, not his. This is why I have no sympathy. If he beats Joshua then he really is worth far more than that.
I think he’ll likely lose before he gets a shot if he continues to fight the best of the rest

I don’t think he is. He would accept less than that to fight wilder, but not Joshua. He wants more based on the other guys name and popularity, not his. This is why I have no sympathy. If he beats Joshua then he really is worth far more than that.
I think he’ll likely lose before he gets a shot if he continues to fight the best of the rest
He'd be worth more if he managed to get a mandatory though. I agree that he's probably gonna lose before that happens though. Breazeale stepped over Whyte for the WBC, and Usyk will step over Whyte for the WBO. Wilder will probably continue to fight bums, and AJ will either fight IBF mandatory Pulev or Ortiz next imo.

Last edited:
He'd be worth more if he managed to get a mandatory though. I agree that he's probably gonna lose before that happens though. Breazeale stepped up Whyte for the WBC, and Usyk will step over Whyte for the WBO. Wilder will probably continue to fight bums, and AJ will either fight IBF mandatory Pulev or Ortiz next imo.

That is exactly how I see things going.

I’ll add that I think fury retires after his deal is up.

Well thats because a fight with Wilder generates far less than a fight with AJ lol. Percentages are how the boxing world works. Its silly to think 4m even reaches the 25% thresh hold mandatory for a fight with AJ.

But much like with Wilder, and likely Fury, all these guys stood their ground or made their business decisions and now have to deal with the fall out of them. Its safe to say that all 3 of them probably made really silly decisions. Fury maybe the best of the 3 since hes got a fat contract, but Im struggling to see what fights they put together to generate that revenue to pay it.

Hopefully everyone can swallow their pride and we can see some fights, but at this point fuck them all.

Well thats because a fight with Wilder generates far less than a fight with AJ lol. Percentages are how the boxing world works. Its silly to think 4m even reaches the 25% thresh hold mandatory for a fight with AJ.

But much like with Wilder, and likely Fury, all these guys stood their ground or made their business decisions and now have to deal with the fall out of them. Its safe to say that all 3 of them probably made really silly decisions. Fury maybe the best of the 3 since hes got a fat contract, but Im struggling to see what fights they put together to generate that revenue to pay it.

Hopefully everyone can swallow their pride and we can see some fights, but at this point fuck them all.

As per my previous I don’t think fury will fight anymore after his deal. I think he’ll retire and become a reality tv star. We’ll see

What makes you think he will become a reality TV star?

Because I think he’s in the game for money not titles now. The guy already retired, in his prime, soon after reaching his goal.He’s gone from being laugh at and hated on, to everyone’s favourite boxer. He loves all the media attention as well
I don’t think he has the same motivations as Joshua, usyk or most of the other top fighters, and this deal sets him up for life in 3 (possibly quite easy) fights. I think he’ll retire early and be on the telly a lot.

Because I think he’s in the game for money not titles now. The guy already retired, in his prime, soon after reaching his goal.He’s gone from being laugh at and hated on, to everyone’s favourite boxer. He loves all the media attention as well
I don’t think he has the same motivations as Joshua, usyk or most of the other top fighters, and this deal sets him up for life in 3 (possibly quite easy) fights. I think he’ll retire early and be on the telly a lot.
I agree, I don't think he's got the desire for it. He made a big show about how money doesn't matter to him and then went and signed a very lucrative contract with one of the weakest (in terms of available competition) promotional companies out there. His word means little. It's pretty obvious he's looking for an out.

I certainly wouldnt go that far. Ortiz had the boogeyman label imo, and Wilder knocked it right out of him.

Whyte is dangerous but its not like the guy is unbeaten or hasnt had very close calls while climbing back up the ranks.
That’s the label all the Wilder bots gave him, and still try to give him, because that’s Wilder’s best win TO THIS DAY! Only current top 10 win, as well.

That’s the label all the Wilder bots gave him, and still try to give him, because that’s Wilder’s best win TO THIS DAY! Only current top 10 win, as well.

I’d like to see Ortiz in with povetkin or Parker to actually see if he is a cut above. I don’t think he’s is. I see a good boxer with stamina issues off the gear. I think Parker our lasts him and beats him personally

Or because no one will fight him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back