Dillian Whyte : "Im being frozen out of title picture"

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by treelo, Apr 5, 2019.

1. treelo

treelo //Do something here Yellow Card

While i understand the sentiment, why didnt Whyte just take the April fight with Joshua, and then hold all the marbles in the world to ask for what he wanted?

I reallt like Whyte as a fighter, and find him amusing as a person, and i think he has a shot at beating Wilder and Joshua, but he wouldnt be a favourite in the slightest.

Too many fighters these days think they can dictate before they are the main man in the division, beat the main guy..and then YOU are the guy, then you can name your fucking price!!!

Mmmmmmma1234, jm0b, chubbman and 2 others like this.
  2. Absolut

Absolut Red Belt

I’ll do anything to fight for the title. Here’s $4m quid/ euros/ whatever.

That’s not enough.

Article is right, he is funny

3. Hagler

Hagler Man of wealth and taste

75-25 would sound fair.

On a side note, if we get to a situation where A level HWs don't fight each other and B level fighters don't want to fight them, this may be the most utterly embarrassing era in HW history.

4. Davem10

Davem10 Brown Belt

Hes just talking shit

He wanted retirement money to fight AJ because he already knew the outcome was a big KO loss

Hence why, with no belts or no one really wanting to fight him, he turns down the £5 million pound career high payday and a chance to win 4 belts and become the face of boxing with a mega money rematch

That is more than enough incentive for anyone to fight, yet he turns it down. If you believe in yourself and you will win, you dont turn that opportunity down to then fight for no belts, no big rematch, and way less money

Just common sense

Whyte talks a good game but dont be fooled

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  5. aries

aries Silver Belt

That's exactly what I said when he turned down £4 million against AJ. He was most upset that they'd offered Tyson Fury the same fight for £14, saying that HE (meaning Tyson) was not a bigger draw than him, which is clearly BS as Tyson is much more well known than Dillian. The guy (and I like him) is delusional. They (BBC) just did a 8 month filming with him and in one of the clips Dillian admits that he's not taking fights for lower money if they are high risk. So basically he's admitting that he thinks the AJ fight is a high risk and he's not willing to take it for less money than he deems right. C'mon Dillian, keep it real! Admit that you turned down a shot at the World Title you so desperately crave because you thought £4 million (more than he's ever earned) was not enough for losing. As you say if he beat AJ then he could write the cheques for as much as he wants!

BUT I do think he has been shafted by the WBC who let Breazeale go first against Wilder even though Dillian was ranked above him. That's just some straight up bullshit. But the WBC are known for being corrupt as fuck.

6. HandNoise

HandNoise Brown Belt

So he’s a Biaaatch...

7. droolingliver

droolingliver Blue Belt

I really hope that doesn't happen. Just at the beginning of this year, the heavyweight scene was the most exciting it's been for many years with Fury, Wilder, AJ etc. all in the mix.

A few TV deals later and it looks like they may not get matched up with each other.

Sulaiman preempts the question of Breazeale having a shot before Whyte by saying it's because he beat Molina in 2017 in a matchup for the mandatory challenger. Mmmmm. Like you say, the WBC have always been dodgy and José Sulaimán had plenty of controversies.

Hagler likes this.
  8. BADBOYKILLA

BADBOYKILLA Blue Belt

9. aries

aries Silver Belt

Yeah I buy that bullshit lol So a boxer who beats Molina gets a shot ahead of a boxer who beat Parker and Chisora? Yeah seems fair LOL

Mr.Maelstrom likes this.
  10. treelo

treelo //Do something here Yellow Card

Is the mandatory defence 12 months or 24 months these days?

Insane that a fighter like Whyte can get frozen out by both Wilder and Joshua, yet Breazeale and Miller get a fucking shot

WildWestWhoopAss likes this.
  11. aries

aries Silver Belt

Whyte didn't get frozen out by AJ. He got offered the fight for £4 million but thought it was beneath him. Not the same as getting frozen out. Miller has agreed to $6.5 million to fight AJ which is £5 million. So the question is why does Whyte think he is worth so much more than Miller? Miller is gonna earn a chance to hold 3 belts for that £5 million. He seems to think the risk was worth it but apparently Whyte thinks he was worth more. LOL or perhaps Whyte didn't think that £4 million was worth losing to Joshua?

12. benebox

benebox Brown Belt

So Miller is a bigger draw and deserves to get paid more than Whyte? I would have thought that the Whyte rematch would have been the bigger fight.

13. droolingliver

droolingliver Blue Belt

I started writing reply about how the bullshit was really how Breazeale got a mandatory shot in the first place, but then I remembered a name. Al Haymon. He's the, "advisor", for both Breazeale and Wilder, so I see how.

In terms of who should be next it is bullshit, yes. I just had a look at the WBC's HW rankings and Whyte must be so pissed off.

Champ - Wilder
    #1 - Whyte
    #2 - Fury
    #3 - Ortiz
    #4 - Breazeale

The two boxers below him have had their shot and he has to wait as the one three places below gets his chance. Weird.

14. Philtard

Philtard Red Belt

It's a shitter for whyte as he deserves a shot but he's done this to himself.

Mr.Maelstrom likes this.
  15. PUO3

PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

Because a fight with Whyte is a bigger sell than a fight with Miller, and because Whyte’s resume is significantly better than Miller.

GoldenAzazel likes this.
  16. PUO3

PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

At the end of the day, all these guys have made their bed now get to lay in it.

The reality is that in a couple short months there is going to be a standstill on the entire division until the lot of them can check their ego’s in order to get fights signed.

Hagler likes this.
  17. Boxiana

Boxiana Purple Belt

“I deserve a title shot”

“We agree. How about £ 4 000 000 for a title shot?”

“No way”

“OK.”

“Why am I not getting a title shot?”

[​IMG]

18. City_Lights

City_Lights Brown Belt

"They wanted to pay me rubbish money in the first fight [and if] I beat him, they wanted the lion’s share of the rematch, which I didn't think wad right."

If that's true I don't think Hearn wanted the fight. Not because because of fear of losing or anything like that but it just seems like they wanted to fight in America against an American opponent and low balled Whyte to say they offered the fight but to insure it didn't happen.

ShakatheG and Kim Jong Un like this.
  19. MuayThai101

MuayThai101 Purple Belt

This “HW era” went from one of the most exciting eras to one of the lamest in a matter of months. The sport was on fire until these promoters shat on it.

20. purpleheart

purpleheart Green Belt

You guys are right. He had his chance. If 4m isnt enough to get a shot at becoming world champ than keep fighting bums untill you're worth more. Eddie will always lowball you anyway even if you bodysnatch 20 more cans.

RizinSon88 likes this.