Dillian Whyte : "Im being frozen out of title picture"

This “HW era” went from one of the most exciting eras to one of the lamest in a matter of months. The sport was on fire until these promoters shat on it.

Sadly, this is very true.

That's exactly what I said when he turned down £4 million against AJ. He was most upset that they'd offered Tyson Fury the same fight for £14'

From 4 to 14 is one helluva jump, anyone would be disgruntled with that.

So Miller is a bigger draw and deserves to get paid more than Whyte? I would have thought that the Whyte rematch would have been the bigger fight.
Well Miller gives them a fight on American soil which is it's own bonus against an American fighter. And if I'm being cynical and honest it's an easier fight for AJ. Higher reward, lower risk.

As someone posted earlier, I thought it was the rematch terms in the contract should Whyte win, rather than the 4 mill, that was the real shitter.

Because a fight with Whyte is a bigger sell than a fight with Miller, and because Whyte’s resume is significantly better than Miller.
But fighting Miller gives Hearn and AJ access to the American market and that is very valuable to them. They know there is more money in the American market plus it leads up to building a bigger fight down the line with Wilder. Whytes resume is better than Miller no doubt but I think that's also why AJ/Hearn didn't want the fight. Whyte is much more of a potential banana skin than Miller.

Like a lot of boxers these days he seems unwilling to make allowances, sometimes you have to take one step back to move two steps forward. He may feel hes worth more than the £4 million offered by AJ so go prove it. Take the offer, let the disrespect fuel your fire and then whoop him. You're then the man in the driving seat who can dictate terms moving forward thus opening doors to even larger pay days of course.

Hearn could have easily paid Whyte more for the AJ fight. Whyte also deserves more than 4mil imo. Hearn, however did the smarter thing for AJ and the smarter thing for himself. Hearn and AJ get more money and get to build their brand off a fresh matchup with Miller instead of a rematch with Whyte. It sucks for Whyte, but that's just how shit is.

However, Whyte not being WBC mandatory is total bullshit. I don't care if WBC technically didn't do anything wrong by making Breazeale mandatory, it's a bullshit decision and I don't know anybody who thinks Breazeale deserves the shot more than Whyte. Whyte is also #1 ranked in WBO rankings, I believe. Him being jumped over by Usyk would be a real shame too

But fighting Miller gives Hearn and AJ access to the American market and that is very valuable to them. They know there is more money in the American market plus it leads up to building a bigger fight down the line with Wilder. Whytes resume is better than Miller no doubt but I think that's also why AJ/Hearn didn't want the fight. Whyte is much more of a potential banana skin than Miller.
I know why AJ/Hearn wanted Miller. I answered why Whyte should get more $ than Miller.

I know why AJ/Hearn wanted Miller. I answered why Whyte should get more $ than Miller.
And I gave you the answer, because Miller is more valuable to them than Whyte. They are paying how much value they perceive each is worth. Which sucks for Whyte but he's just not worth that much to them at this point in time.

And I gave you the answer, because Miller is more valuable to them than Whyte. They are paying how much value they perceive each is worth. Which sucks for Whyte but he's just not worth that much to them at this point in time.
That is patently false though. The rematch with Whyte would be serious revenue, far more than what Miller will bring in. The “value” in Miller is simply an easier fight and AJ’s exposure to the US market.

I suppose we can just call it different terms of value.

Whatever. I hope AJ/Fury/Wilder all lose their next fights.

That is patently false though. The rematch with Whyte would be serious revenue, far more than what Miller will bring in. The “value” in Miller is simply an easier fight and AJ’s exposure to the US market.

Miller is more of an investment as you growing his brand in the US. In that way I'd argue that beating Miller in the US is more valuable than beating Whyte for a second time in the UK.

Miller is more of an investment as you growing his brand in the US. In that way I'd argue that beating Miller in the US is more valuable than beating Whyte for a second time in the UK.
I said as much. No one knows who Miller is though. If people thought Wilder was unknown.....

I said as much. No one knows who Miller is though. If people thought Wilder was unknown.....
Do people in America know who Whyte is? I don't really know who's popular and who isn't in the US market

I think American exposure is more valuable to AJ/Hearn because they want to make a Wilder fight happen in the US in the autumn. Whyte just doesn't fit into those plans unfortunately for him.

Like a lot of boxers these days he seems unwilling to make allowances, sometimes you have to take one step back to move two steps forward. He may feel hes worth more than the £4 million offered by AJ so go prove it. Take the offer, let the disrespect fuel your fire and then whoop him. You're then the man in the driving seat who can dictate terms moving forward thus opening doors to even larger pay days of course.

It’s basic business sense! Only in boxing would a guy turn down £4m to fight for the HW title of the world. 1 of the most prestigious titles in all of sports and a licence to print money if he wins. And for 3 of the 4 belts as well!
He’s a fckin idiot, and I said this would happen back when he turned it down. He’s frozen himself out of the title picture

It’s basic business sense! Only in boxing would a guy turn down £4m to fight for the HW title of the world. 1 of the most prestigious titles in all of sports and a licence to print money if he wins. And for 3 of the 4 belts as well!
He’s a fckin idiot, and I said this would happen back when he turned it down. He’s frozen himself out of the title picture

Yeah I don't get it at all, his mouth/mindset is undoing all the hard work his fists have done. It is amazing how quickly these guys forget where they come from, I mean he grew up in Brixton, been stabbed and shot, worked on the door at 14, dad at 14 I think and turns down £4 million... now hes left without a fight and more importantly without £4 million

Yeah I don't get it at all, his mouth/mindset is undoing all the hard work his fists have done. It is amazing how quickly these guys forget where they come from, I mean he grew up in Brixton, been stabbed and shot, worked on the door at 14, dad at 14 I think and turns down £4 million... now hes left without a fight and more importantly without £4 million

I’ve had a few dodgy moments in Brixton myself back in the 90s, when I used to go clubbing there.
Lots of people defended whyte stance and I still do not understand it? Had he fought wilder last year instead of Ortiz, how much would he have earned? Would he have even earned 4m? he would’ve taken the fight though! He thinks he’s worth more money because his opponent is one of the biggest stars in the sport??
And it seems everyone but dillian knew that the wbc were going to fck him over. And wilder won’t fight him unless he absolutely has to

Why do fighters care what others are getting paid to fight the same opponent?

First we had WIlder complaining that he didnt know how much Joshua was getting paid, now we have Whyte saying he wasnt happy because they are paying Fury more for a fight with Wilder....

WTF is up with these fucking idiots...they are going to be fighting for a world fucking title...in one case....the Championship of the fucking world

I’ve had a few dodgy moments in Brixton myself back in the 90s, when I used to go clubbing there.
Lots of people defended whyte stance and I still do not understand it? Had he fought wilder last year instead of Ortiz, how much would he have earned? Would he have even earned 4m? he would’ve taken the fight though! He thinks he’s worth more money because his opponent is one of the biggest stars in the sport??
And it seems everyone but dillian knew that the wbc were going to fck him over. And wilder won’t fight him unless he absolutely has to

I may well have asked for a sip of water at some point then Jonny as I was clubbing too in the 90s. :)

I think his mentality is that he's always been denied a shot and treated unfairly (he got banned temporarily for using a supplement with disallowed ingredients), that when he does he wants huge money cos it may not happen again.

Back