Dillian Whyte : "Im being frozen out of title picture"

This is what I struggle with. He would've fought Wilder for half of that amount, but has turned down Joshua, even though there is a far larger reward if he wins
I think its the rematch part he took issue with which is effectively he has to beat AJ twice to reap the rewards......vs if he beats wilder what will AJ offer then?

Also would he not get more than 4mio if he was AJ mandatory?

I think its the rematch part he took issue with which is effectively he has to beat AJ twice to reap the rewards......vs if he beats wilder what will AJ offer then?

Also would he not get more than 4mio if he was AJ mandatory?

Well maybe he is playing the long game, but it’s risky! It could be a year or 2 before he gets a mandatory with the wbo. He could easily lose in that time. He’s already had 2 close fights that could’ve gone the other way (I thought he beat chisora, should’ve lost to Parker). And the wbc will do him no favours, he’s been getting fcked by them for 2 years

he could’ve been fighting for the title in 2 months time. I just can not see the logic of turning down the opportunity, then crying about it

Well maybe he is playing the long game, but it’s risky! It could be a year or 2 before he gets a mandatory with the wbo. He could easily lose in that time. He’s already had 2 close fights that could’ve gone the other way (I thought he beat chisora, should’ve lost to Parker). And the wbc will do him no favours, he’s been getting fcked by them for 2 years

he could’ve been fighting for the title in 2 months time. I just can not see the logic of turning down the opportunity, then crying about it
I agree he should have took the fight just trying to work out what he might have been thinking....I think the mandatory rematch with AJ as still the B side is what put him off......I also think he (wrongly) thought the WBC would give him a shot at wilder

From 4 to 14 is one helluva jump, anyone would be disgruntled with that.
Like a lot of boxers these days he seems unwilling to make allowances, sometimes you have to take one step back to move two steps forward. He may feel hes worth more than the £4 million offered by AJ so go prove it. Take the offer, let the disrespect fuel your fire and then whoop him. You're then the man in the driving seat who can dictate terms moving forward thus opening doors to even larger pay days of course.
In US dollars £4 is $5.2M.
£14 is $18.2M

Whyte brings a hell of a lot more than Miller at the very least.

That would be true if AJ fought Miller in the UK, but by fighting Miller in the US, it isn't. AJ - Whyte in the UK would be expected to sell out Wembley and do around 1.5m PPV buys. The contribution from international broadcasting rights would be negligible in comparison to the UK based revenue, similar to the amounts received for the Klitschko, Parker, Povetkin fights.

The Miller fight, if held in the UK probably wouldn't sell out Wembley, and would be looking at 1m PPV buys at best, with a similar contribution from international broadcasting rights to the Whyte fight. By fighting Miller in the US, DAZN are seemingly putting up as much money as 1.5m buys on Sky Sports would provide. Tickets at MSG are so expensive that it could generate a gate, equivalent to a sold out Wembley. That leaves the UK broadcast revenue, which as the fight is on Sky Box Office will still be pretty significant. This is the hardest aspect to predict, but 200-500k buys isn't outside of the realms of possibility. This would ensure that AJ makes more than he would have if Whyte had accepted the fight.

I agree he should have took the fight just trying to work out what he might have been thinking....I think the mandatory rematch with AJ as still the B side is what put him off......I also think he (wrongly) thought the WBC would give him a shot at wilder

I think he thought that as well, but he should’ve realised that the wbc werent going to do him no favours. They already bumped him down from mandatory for breezy, even though he fights more often, against higher competition?
And wilder isn’t going to fight him unless he has to. we all know that apart from dillian it seems

Fuck Dillian.

Turned down £5million to fight Joshua??

Absolutely brain dead idiot.

No one was paying shit to see Golovkin.

Whyte brings a proper challenger thats earned another shot, who also sells well in AJ’s home market.
LOL at you making out that Whytes on GGG's level. Whatever you say will make no difference, Hearn and AJ decided Whyte wasn't of value to them. AJ has 3 belts and is the man at HW. He calls the shots and £4 million is not some outrageous amount like you seem to be making out. Whyte could have been the man at HW if he'd have chosen to take the fight and made his biggest purse too. Sometimes I think fighters lose sight of their actual goals because their pride gets in the way.

I think youre right, I think he feels he will lose. if that's the case, he's a beaten man before he steps in to the ring, if the rematch ever happens. You can't win a fight that you don't think you can win. You're beaten before the bell goes
I appreciate what hes saying about risk and reward, but how much of a risk is it when you are being 'given' the opportunity to fight for 3 of the 4 belts. And people talk like 4 million is peanuts. Is everyone a fckin millionaire who posts on this site, or just lost touch with reality?
Absolutely, it's more than Whyte has ever earned and then some. I do think that pride is blinding him here, and/or just fear of losing.

I like Whyte and he deserves a title shot more than anyone, but turning down what is, at the end of the day, a shit load of money along with a crack at 3 belts was a bonehead play.

Could be a long while until he gets another chance, and I’d wager it won’t be for any more money.

It’s a big loss for us fans too.

An all round stinker.

How will he slip down the rankings? He will get a mandatory at some point. He meet with WBO at the o2 the other week and seemed happy so could be something coming there post the wilder/brez fight

He doesn't need to slip all he needs is to get a lowball offer for a title fight and turn it down like he already did. Also the sanctioning bodies finagle stuff they could rank Ortiz over him if Ortiz gets a win they consider more impressive than Chisora.

Wilder is WBC, and AJ has the WBO/IBF/WBA (super). The WBO can be happy with him but AJ's team isn't going to offer him more than they did the first time.

LOL at you making out that Whytes on GGG's level. Whatever you say will make no difference, Hearn and AJ decided Whyte wasn't of value to them. AJ has 3 belts and is the man at HW. He calls the shots and £4 million is not some outrageous amount like you seem to be making out. Whyte could have been the man at HW if he'd have chosen to take the fight and made his biggest purse too. Sometimes I think fighters lose sight of their actual goals because their pride gets in the way.
Well, I didnt, but ok. Its relevant to the discussion, because again, the purse is relevant to the opponent. 4m for what a fight with AJ does it just ridiculous and the rematch terms were even worse.

Well, I didnt, but ok. Its relevant to the discussion, because again, the purse is relevant to the opponent. 4m for what a fight with AJ does it just ridiculous and the rematch terms were even worse.
£4 million is more money than Whyte has ever earned before. I don't know about the rematch terms as I haven't seen them. I've only heard people say they were awful.

£4 million is more money than Whyte has ever earned before. I don't know about the rematch terms as I haven't seen them. I've only heard people say they were awful.
Irrelevant for the billionth time. Purses are relevant to your opponent. Previous opponent purses are not relevant to AJ.

Is the mandatory defence 12 months or 24 months these days?

Insane that a fighter like Whyte can get frozen out by both Wilder and Joshua, yet Breazeale and Miller get a fucking shot
Whyte refused to fight Ortiz in an ordered title eliminator, and Wilder has additionally said for over a year that he would fight anyone who beats Ortiz.

He didn’t get frozen out by either fighter.

Absolutely, it's more than Whyte has ever earned and then some. I do think that pride is blinding him here, and/or just fear of losing.
I thought he said he earned more for Chis 2? Anyway he got KTFO last time so only an idiot would take a shit deal this time as rematches more often than not play out similarly. The fact they're both under Hearn is astonishing.

He’s already had 2 close fights that could’ve gone the other way (I thought he beat chisora, should’ve lost to Parker). And the wbc will do him no favours, he’s been getting fcked by them for 2 years
Whyte refused to fight Ortiz in an ordered title eliminator, and Wilder has additionally said for over a year that he would fight anyone who beats Ortiz.

He refused to fight Ortiz?

I dont remember that.....

Irrelevant for the billionth time. Purses are relevant to your opponent. Previous opponent purses are not relevant to AJ.
Sorry but that's bollocks. How big the purse is, is highly relevant to Whyte. It's more than Whyte has ever earned before and it's a world title. He was stupid to turn it down.

Pretty sure the wbc didn’t order whyte vs Ortiz!

Wilder said that if whyte wants the fight he has to beat Ortiz first? Is Ortiz now an official gatekeeper for wilder??

Whyte has also offered to fight wilder on short notice a couple of years ago, got no response.

Wilder will only fight whyte if the wbc order it! That doesn’t look likely

Whyte is the boogeyman of HW.

Back