Dillashaw has losses to three current top 10 fighters in his weight class.

On paper, Assuncao makes a lot of sense as the next challenger. But I had to look up his record to find that out because he is super unmemorable. They need to give the shot to Moraes, who I didn't need to look up, because I remember his recent highlight-reel finishes. I would be way more excited to see that fight on a ppv.

You'd be an idiot to favor Dodson over TJ now a days.

The first Assuncao fight was razor close, the second fight TJ clearly won, third fight id bet TJ finishes him somewhere inside 5 rounds.

Cruz is his toughest fight but TJ improves so much and has alot of tape of Cody vs Cruz to pick and choose certain holes to make it a better fight. I thought he won the first one anyways.

When was the last time a proposed GOAT candidate could honestly say that while holding the title?

Assuncao: They're 1-1. A rubber match is needed, and Assuncao is current #2. This makes the most sense and would be TJ's toughest fight.

Cruz: Close decision loss that could have went either way. TJ should be scrambling for this fight, as current Cruz is debatably an easier night out than Assuncao. I'm not convinced that Cruz can still be dominant at 135. Too much inactivity, injuries, surgeries, etc. But he's proven us wrong before.

Dodson: Finished TJ on TUF. Dodson has floated between 125 and 135, but has had greater success at 125. For the sake of discussion, I'm more comfortable calling Dodson a 125er. In short, TJ got finished by a 125er and he needs to make this right. Dodson needs two more good wins and he's in TS discussion.
Dodson is having trouble with lower top ten guys, he beat Assuncao pretty clearly, Cruz would be okay to make but he made TJ earn his shot even though he was the current champ and defended his title a few times. Also many people thought he won that fight anyways

Dodson is having trouble with lower top ten guys, he beat Assuncao pretty clearly, Cruz would be okay to make but he made TJ earn his shot even though he was the current champ and defended his title a few times. Also many people thought he won that fight anyways

I'd agree to all of that. I'm just wondering the last time that a "GOAT" had losses to 3 current guys in the top ten. Seems unprecedented.

Does a loss years ago on a reality show count today?

Not to mention it was a terrible stoppage, even for an exhibition bout.

It was an official pro fight, as it was the finale.

Herb Dean had been late to stop Dodson against Bedford during the show and didn't anticipate the quickness of his G'n'P, that's probably why he was overzealous that time.

dodson-bedford-gif.gif

didn't DJ lose to brad pickett like a hundred years ago?

who gives a shit

It was an official pro fight, as it was the finale.

Herb Dean had been late to stop Dodson against Bedford during the show and didn't anticipate the quickness of his G'n'P, that's probably why he was overzealous that time.

dodson-bedford-gif.gif
Ahh, I hadn’t realized it was the finale and therefore an official pro bout. Regardless, it was a tragically early stoppage. Dodson is certainly quick enough to have capitalized on the moment, and TJ wasn’t the slickster he is now... Dodson may have been able to put him away. No way of knowing.

Cruz is actually no.2 and anyway Id rather see Moraes face TJ over Assuncao.

Assuncao is not an easier fight tgan Cruz imo. TJs first fight with him was highly contested, and many had it against Raphael, while the second fight was a clear decision. TJ has improved since both fights while Assuncao has mostly looked the same. Also, Dodson fight was when TJ was still mostly just a Wrestler.
And it was an early stoppage

Assuncao makes no sense because Dillashaw beat him so easily at 200. The only fights that make sense are the rematch with Cruz or Moraes. And Cruz will get it because it's the bigger fight.

I think Dillashaw won both fights with Raphael. The first was super close, but still.

Dodson finished him. Was there any eyepoke or something I’m forgetting? I remember watching it live...

And he'd finish Dodson today, fighters improve and TJ has risen to the top.

The only rematch I think is necessary is the Cruz rematch.

I would like to see him avenge his loss to Dodson, but Dodson can't string much together to warrant a title shot.

Finishing TJ 5 or so years ago when he was 4-0 isn't enough of a reason imo.

A rubber match with Raphael makes sense, Raphael is a top 3 fighter who's been on a 4 fight streak since he lost to TJ last.

Dillasnakes are as delusional as he is. Lost to Assuncao, lost to Cruz. Would lose to Cruz again!

May even lose to Dodson without his wrestling. Too fast!

didn't DJ lose to brad pickett like a hundred years ago?

who gives a shit

Did DJ ever have losses to three people in the top ten? What about Jones? What about GSP? What about Anderson?

GOATs don't have multiple losses to their contemporaries.

Did DJ ever have losses to three people in the top ten? What about Jones? What about GSP? What about Anderson?

GOATs don't have multiple losses to their contemporaries.

I can’t think of any fighter retiring undefeated.

Back