Dillashaw has losses to three current top 10 fighters in his weight class.

Did DJ ever have losses to three people in the top ten? What about Jones? What about GSP? What about Anderson?

GOATs don't have multiple losses to their contemporaries.
Lost to Pickett. Lost to Cruz. Got a gift draw against Ian McCall after getting double punched while lying helpless on his stomach, would have been a better stoppage than the TJ Dodson one as TJ was in the middle of a single leg take down as Herb jumped in.

v1H2bii.gif

Also TJ fought Dodson all the way back in 2010 when he only had 4 fights under his belt while Dodson had nearly 20 and had been training at Jackson's for a long time. Also a few years before he started working with Duane. Dodson will never sniff at a BW title shot. Bringing up this fight as if it is at all relevant in 2018 just marks you as an idiot.

TJ avenged the Assuncao "loss" already, with a dominant and clear cut decision.

the only real issue here is we need to stop calling people GOATS before they have retired

y'all a bunch of fickle fannies, and if Moraes beat TJ and got another win under his belt...people would be clammering for him to be the goat lol its dumb...Rogan says shit like that because he knows full well there are a legion of people out there that eat that right up

when someone's career can be looked at/judged/debated as a whole....then is the time to include them in Goat discussions

Lost to Pickett. Lost to Cruz. Got a gift draw against Ian McCall after getting double punched while lying helpless on his stomach, would have been a better stoppage than the TJ Dodson one as TJ was in the middle of a single leg take down as Herb jumped in.

v1H2bii.gif

Also TJ fought Dodson all the way back in 2010 when he only had 4 fights under his belt while Dodson had nearly 20 and had been training at Jackson's for a long time. Also a few years before he started working with Duane. Dodson will never sniff at a BW title shot. Bringing up this fight as if it is at all relevant in 2018 just marks you as an idiot.

TJ avenged the Assuncao "loss" already, with a dominant and clear cut decision.

Picket and Cruz were at BW, a class in which Demetrious has not fought since 2011 and was never champion (in WEC or UFC). Additionally, Pickett is retired. How is this similar to TJ's current situation? I think you just misread the thread title as "Champions with losses" and ran with it. It's ok. Sherdoggers usually comment and talk shit when they don't even understand the thread. Something like this could "mark you as an idiot," but I forgive you.

And the context with Dodson being, he's still an active top ten fighter in the same weight class while TJ is champion. It's not like Dodson retired or was kicked out of the UFC for losing. And I also stated that he needs some solid wins to make a better case. Again, read before you post.

Taken by itself, the close decision loss to Assuncao isn't that bad, but when added to a list of 2 current contenders with unavenged W's, it just serves to further diminish TJ's case as BW GOAT.

In short, you can't put forth any other GOAT candidate that has losses to three people in the top ten of their respective division.

He handled Assuncao, they don't need to fight again. Cruz that fight needs to happen. Dodson... he hasn't looked as good as he once did in his last couple of fights and does not deserve a title fight.

70% of media scored the first fight for TJ
TJ outclassed him in the second fight and has clearly improved even more since that

We don't need to see third one. It would be one sided beatdown. Cruz or Morales imo

Still think Necktats would beat Cody if he stopped being so emotional and having one foot out of the game.

They are both completely different fighters nowadays so it kinda doesn’t. They are both still relevant so it kinda does.

Depends on who you ask.
Depends on when you ask. Try asking again if TJ loses a fight. He is riding a sherdog slut high right now given he won twice in a row. Ask again and see how people remember history after his next loss. Will be entertaining to see

Hughes has 2 unavenged losses to the same guy and he was WW goat and top p4p for a while.

Oh sorry

Should I change my AV and start making Cody sucks threads now?

That's what you would do right?
well he did suck last fight. also sub 50 IQ, trains at a shitty gym. he needs to ditch that crap. but he's not smart enough to do that

well he did suck last fight. also sub 50 IQ, trains at a shitty gym. he needs to ditch that crap. but he's not smart enough to do that

You should be the head coach

You seem to know more about mma than that entire gym

Picket and Cruz were at BW, a class in which Demetrious has not fought since 2011 and was never champion (in WEC or UFC). Additionally, Pickett is retired. How is this similar to TJ's current situation? I think you just misread the thread title as "Champions with losses" and ran with it. It's ok. Sherdoggers usually comment and talk shit when they don't even understand the thread. Something like this could "mark you as an idiot," but I forgive you.

DJ dropped down to a division with far less depth. Dodson also went down to 125 and only came back to 135 recently, where he lost to Moraes. Pickett retired only very recently, DJ never bothered to avenge that loss when he had years of opportunity to do so, he just didn't pull a Bisping.

I understand the thread just fine. I understand that you are moving the goalposts as it suits your arguments.

And the context with Dodson being, he's still an active top ten fighter in the same weight class while TJ is champion. It's not like Dodson retired or was kicked out of the UFC for losing. And I also stated that he needs some solid wins to make a better case. Again, read before you post.

He only very recently came back to 135. He also needs more than "some solid wins," he is no where near a title shot.

Taken by itself, the close decision loss to Assuncao isn't that bad, but when added to a list of 2 current contenders with unavenged W's, it just serves to further diminish TJ's case as BW GOAT.

Your insistence that TJ should avenge the Dodson loss from 7 years ago is moronic. The two have taken entirely different career trajectories and are nowhere near on the same level.

In short, you can't put forth any other GOAT candidate that has losses to three people in the top ten of their respective division.

A moron's take.

So wait a minute to be considered the GOAT you have to have 0 losses?

DJ dropped down to a division with far less depth. Dodson also went down to 125 and only came back to 135 recently, where he lost to Moraes. Pickett retired only very recently, DJ never bothered to avenge that loss when he had years of opportunity to do so, he just didn't pull a Bisping.

I understand the thread just fine. I understand that you are moving the goalposts as it suits your arguments.

He only very recently came back to 135. He also needs more than "some solid wins," he is no where near a title shot.

Your insistence that TJ should avenge the Dodson loss from 7 years ago is moronic. The two have taken entirely different career trajectories and are nowhere near on the same level.

A moron's take.

DJ having a loss to one guy in his weight class top ten is not the same as TJ having a loss to 3. And I’m not even sure where Pickett was ranked when he retired. No goal posts have been changed.

Dodson is ranked 7, and is in the W column. We’ve seen crazier things than #7 getting a TS, especially when there’s a story. There’s plenty of contenders at BW so it’s not likely. I’m not arguing that Dodson deserves a TS. And furthermore, I’m not compraring Dodson’s trajectory to DJ or TJ. Just stating that he’s in BW top ten, and therefore still relevant, and has a W over the current alleged BW “GOAT.”

You can call me a moron, but the statement stands. And you havent disproven it. The only thing I agree on is your take regarding Assuncao. TJ ran it back and won, and arguably won the first time. But that still leaves two unavenged losses at BW. So cheers. And thanks for your input.

Back