Dillashaw has losses to three current top 10 fighters in his weight class.

Pequeño Corey

Huge For Coreyweight
Platinum Member
Reaction score
When was the last time a proposed GOAT candidate could honestly say that while holding the title?

Assuncao: They're 1-1. A rubber match is needed, and Assuncao is current #2. This makes the most sense and would be TJ's toughest fight.

Cruz: Close decision loss that could have went either way. TJ should be scrambling for this fight, as current Cruz is debatably an easier night out than Assuncao. I'm not convinced that Cruz can still be dominant at 135. Too much inactivity, injuries, surgeries, etc. But he's proven us wrong before.

Dodson: Finished TJ on TUF. Dodson has floated between 125 and 135, but has had greater success at 125. For the sake of discussion, I'm more comfortable calling Dodson a 125er. In short, TJ got finished by a 125er and he needs to make this right. Dodson needs two more good wins and he's in TS discussion.

Assuncao is a bum, Cruz is black and Dodson is Japanese

Does a loss years ago on a reality show count today?

When was the last time a proposed GOAT candidate could honestly say that while holding the title?

Assuncao: They're 1-1. A rubber match is needed, and Assuncao is current #2. This makes the most sense and would be TJ's toughest fight.

Cruz: Close decision loss that could have went either way. TJ should be scrambling for this fight, as current Cruz is debatably an easier night out than Assuncao. I'm not convinced that Cruz can still be dominant at 135. Too much inactivity, injuries, surgeries, etc. But he's proven us wrong before.

Dodson: Finished TJ on TUF. Dodson has floated between 125 and 135, but has had greater success at 125. For the sake of discussion, I'm more comfortable calling Dodson a 125er. In short, TJ got finished by a 125er and he needs to make this right. Dodson needs two more good wins and he's in TS discussion.
Assuncao is not an easier fight tgan Cruz imo. TJs first fight with him was highly contested, and many had it against Raphael, while the second fight was a clear decision. TJ has improved since both fights while Assuncao has mostly looked the same. Also, Dodson fight was when TJ was still mostly just a Wrestler.

Does a loss years ago on a reality show count today?

They are both completely different fighters nowadays so it kinda doesn’t. They are both still relevant so it kinda does.

Depends on who you ask.

I think TJ beats all 3 rather easily.

Moraes is his hardest fight.

he was robbed all these 3 fights

Dodson finished him. Was there any eyepoke or something I’m forgetting? I remember watching it live...
early stoppage. he could have still been finished but he was robbed from the chance to recover

Assuncao is a bum, Cruz is black and Dodson is Japanese

giphy.gif

IMO an Assuncao rubber match is certainly not needed. Dillashaw should have won the first fight and utterly toyed with Assuncao in the rematch. Does he deserve the shot? Maybe. But can we really say that a trilogy fight would go any differently?

Cruz with a solid win would be back in the discussion, and that was a close fight so I wouldn't say no to a rematch.

Dodson doesn't deserve a rematch, and he would need at least 3 good wins to even be considered, and even then it would only be because of the rematch angle.

Personally, would give Moraes the next TS.

Dobson robbed him of some brain cells
Dodson dropped him...the ref robbed him of a chance at victory. Fights shouldn’t be stopped because one guy gets sat down on his ass. That’s absurd.

Did you watch the first Dillashaw vs Assuncao fight? If you didn't, then watch it and come back here and say who won. Also I am not going to hold a fight from TUF that happened 8 years ago against him or else we might as well tell MM to beat Brad Pickett. The Cruz fight was razor thin I scored it for Cruz but have no issue with people giving it to TJ. Still dont think he desrves a title shot before Moraes or even Assuncao.

Back