Difference In Those Who Prefer Alien and Aliens

I prefer Alien, but the two are too different to compare objectively. Alien, on its own is some straight up Lovecraftian horror, with a few scifi elements thrown in. Aliens is one of the GOAT scifi action films. It's all about which you prefer.

Has anyone ever noticed that those who prefer Alien will often say how much love they have for AlienS, how its so close, and so on.

However, those who prefer AlienS will often kind of low-key if not outright rag on Alien? Calling Alien overrated, not nearly as good, if not sometimes hating on it?

Is this a thing? What are your thoughts?

I prefer Alien, but here is a clip of what for many is THE Alien series quote while you ponder this idea. I bet a least a few of you will pop one of these in after seeing the clip! :cool:

Alien was the movie, the rest was a regrettable franchise. One and done should have been the formula.
Anyone who says different considers mac'n'cheese a gourmet meal and your mom a 'lady'.

Aliens one of the few times the sequel was better than the original Cameron is a genius we’ll see what avatar 2-4 will be like after what seems like a 20 year wait

Aliens, to me, is an entertaining sci-fi action movie.

Alien, however, is a masterclass on pacing and psychology. It also looks like a work of art.

Reactions: HHJ
So you are not into Aliens or any of the others either?

Alien was the movie, the rest was a regrettable franchise. One and done should have been the formula.
Anyone who says different considers mac'n'cheese a gourmet meal and your mom a 'lady'.

I dunno I prefer aliens but I think both films are a masterpiece in their respective genres.

Yea I hate when they insert little kids into movies, like that feral kid from road warrior

I generally feel the same way, except in these exact two examples. Feral kid was great, and Newt had some of the best lines in Aliens.

Alien and Aliens, love them both for different reasons both good for their time.

If I had to pick one, it's Alien.

Back