Difference In Those Who Prefer Alien and Aliens

errol ansen

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Has anyone ever noticed that those who prefer Alien will often say how much love they have for AlienS, how its so close, and so on.

However, those who prefer AlienS will often kind of low-key if not outright rag on Alien? Calling Alien overrated, not nearly as good, if not sometimes hating on it?

Is this a thing? What are your thoughts?

I prefer Alien, but here is a clip of what for many is THE Alien series quote while you ponder this idea. I bet a least a few of you will pop one of these in after seeing the clip! :cool:

I prefer Aliens but hold Alien in very high regard. I'd be the exception to your pattern, I guess.

At least we can all agree that Alien: Covenant is doggy poo.

I have a place in my heart for Alien 3,even though it wasnt what it could be,and rushed...,it came out in 1992..i was 12 yrs old,and was definitley spooked by the atmosphere,being trapped on a prison planet,where supply ships come every six months...with the alien and the inmates,and no ones got any weapons.

Alien resurrection was just too far a departure,although it had some good scenes,and acting from Brad DourifGOAT

Promethus was an ok idea that they really screwed up bad,and maybe this series cant recover from.

Didnt bother with Alien covenant. Cgi Aliens can go kick rocks.

I also prefer Aliens but have nothing but love for the first one.

Could it be that, since the first one is usually considered to be better, you have a bunch of angry contrarians fanboys on your hand?

I have a place in my heart for Alien 3,even though it wasnt what it could be,and rushed...,it came out in 1992..i was 12 yrs old,and was definitley spooked by the atmosphere,being trapped on a prison planet,where supply ships come every six months...with the alien and the inmates,and no ones got any weapons.

Alien resurrection was just too far a departure,although it had some good scenes,and acting from Brad DourifGOAT

I enjoy Alien 3. Its of questionable quality for a TON of reasons, but its the first one I saw, the preview freaked me out, and I've had a soft spot for it ever since.

I enjoy Alien 3. Its of questionable quality for a TON of reasons, but its the first one I saw, the preview freaked me out, and I've had a soft spot for it ever since.
I had seen the other two movies before,so it was kind of a big cold water shock to the face to find out that Newt and Hicks were dead in the beggining of the movie.

TO DOGGY POO!

bachelor-party-ideas-montreal-header.jpg

I prefer Aliens but hold Alien in very high regard. I'd be the exception to your pattern, I guess.

At least we can all agree that Alien: Covenant is doggy poo.

Depends on what you prefer

Suspense/horror or action/thriller/horror
Alien or aliens

Depends on what you prefer

Suspense/horror or action/thriller/horror
Alien or aliens

Besides that I'd say its a franchise were two quite difference audiences often meet, Alien is basically arthouse film making within a horror framework similar to The Shining, Aliens is more action blockbuster albeit with more heart than most.

Last edited:
At this point I dont prefer either. They are both great. Just what i am in the mood for at the time. Same with Terminator and Terminator 2

Anyone who rags on Alien around me is is gettin a bat to the temple

Both are great,both are different.

They both suck, bruh.

Besides that I'd say its a franchise were two quite difference audiences often meet, Alien film is basically arthouse film making within a horror framework similar to The Shining, Aliens is more action blockbuster albeit with more heart than most.
I personally prefer Alien

But Aliens is damn good too

Back