Difference In Those Who Prefer Alien and Aliens

Both fantastoc films. I prefer Alien as it's a legit horror movie. Aliens is an action movie but still fantastic, just not my number 1. Alien 3 is like a horror drama, I really like it. Resurrection is crap

i saw an alien once but ive never seen alien's not sure i have a preference. saw a ufo once too.

<Moves>

Anyone who rags on Alien around me is is gettin a bat to the temple

Both are great,both are different.
What are your thoughts on the rest of the series? I just watched Prometheus for the first time and thought it was kind of a mess; great idea with poor execution. Is it worth watching Covenant?

Every sci fi that starts as an immersive horror ends up having subsequent additions take on an action feel.

It happened in Dead Space, too (that goddammit amazing sci fi horror video game).

People can like what they want. The thing that annoys me is when people micro-analyze the proper classification of these movies.

Guy 1: Aliens is one of my favorite sci-fi movies
Guy 2: Ahem. Sorry dude. It's not sci-fi. It's just not.
Guy 1: *fantasizes about punching Guy 2*

I have a place in my heart for Alien 3,even though it wasnt what it could be,and rushed...,it came out in 1992..i was 12 yrs old,and was definitley spooked by the atmosphere,being trapped on a prison planet,where supply ships come every six months...with the alien and the inmates,and no ones got any weapons.

Alien resurrection was just too far a departure,although it had some good scenes,and acting from Brad DourifGOAT

Promethus was an ok idea that they really screwed up bad,and maybe this series cant recover from.

Didnt bother with Alien covenant. Cgi Aliens can go kick rocks.

To me, Aliens 3 was the biggest let down, when your a young teen and someone shows you a prototype poster for Aliens 3, based on earth with the catch phrase "On Earth everyone can hear you scream" and then you get that thing...........you can only feel gutted:(

Reactions: HHJ
I have a place in my heart for Alien 3,even though it wasnt what it could be,and rushed...,it came out in 1992..i was 12 yrs old,and was definitley spooked by the atmosphere,being trapped on a prison planet,where supply ships come every six months...with the alien and the inmates,and no ones got any weapons.

Alien resurrection was just too far a departure,although it had some good scenes,and acting from Brad DourifGOAT

Promethus was an ok idea that they really screwed up bad,and maybe this series cant recover from.

Didnt bother with Alien covenant. Cgi Aliens can go kick rocks.

I enjoy Alien 3. Its of questionable quality for a TON of reasons, but its the first one I saw, the preview freaked me out, and I've had a soft spot for it ever since.

Both fantastoc films. I prefer Alien as it's a legit horror movie. Aliens is an action movie but still fantastic, just not my number 1. Alien 3 is like a horror drama, I really like it. Resurrection is crap

Alien and Aliens are still the classics but I loved Alien 3 too.

And it's the only one in the entire franchise where the alien was defeated NOT via getting sucked out into space.

I've only seen alien and aliens this year, I liked the second one better. First was too slow
been thru this before, you kind of had to experience it at the time. and the first introduces you to the allens.

i've also like the allen vs predator movies

They are different movies really. I like them both for different reasons. Alien 3 was more like the first one and I enjoyed that one as well.

Has anyone ever noticed that those who prefer Alien will often say how much love they have for AlienS, how its so close, and so on.

However, those who prefer AlienS will often kind of low-key if not outright rag on Alien? Calling Alien overrated, not nearly as good, if not sometimes hating on it?

Is this a thing? What are your thoughts?

I prefer Alien, but here is a clip of what for many is THE Alien series quote while you ponder this idea. I bet a least a few of you will pop one of these in after seeing the clip! :cool:

There's no aliens without alien. The end.

To me, Aliens 3 was the biggest let down, when your a young teen and someone shows you a prototype poster for Aliens 3, based on earth with the catch phrase "On Earth everyone can hear you scream" and then you get that thing...........you can only feel gutted:(

Its wild how this film went through soooo many changes from the beginning to the final product and how Fincher said he wants nothing to do with it, doesn't consider it his film.

Last edited:
Back