Difference in character between Fedor and Conor?

Swedes are a little effeminate to be honest, haha, but Finns and Danes are square; the only preconceived notions of Danes from the Far North are that you guys are a bit boring (in the sense of conformity), but Danes have a formidable reputation here (economy; product quality; not-pushovers) while Danish films have been top for years in my household. Small land, big output. :D
Yeah, they are :D

Haha, we are definitely a little bit boring. I am anyway, I like to keep things the same. Man that's nice to hear. I don't personally know any Finns, but I have never heard a bad word about you guys either. My father is an oldtimer. Ex fireman, hunts and fishes a lot. He takes a lot of hunting trips to the forests in Norway and Sweden and even though I don't have a hunting license, I naturally gravitate towards nature. I remember I went with him during a trip to Norway, living in a cabin in the woods with no electricity or running water. It was great. I also love my computer and the comfort of my own home, so I'm torn haha.

Would love to travel to Finland sometime. Heard it's quite beautiful.

Serously the world could use less people like that. That is why I love MMA. You can be violent, but you sort if out 1on1 and you do it clean. Disputes gets settled and no one gets killed. It's the ego, and then it's just revenge, revenge, revenge. Keeps going on and on with innocents getting caught in the crossfire.

Yep, most organised crime is HA (Hells Angels) or other biker gangs here. They are usually pretty reasonable, as long as you are not affiliated or don't try to mess with them. We also have some ethnic gangs who are pretty hardcore. They are a little bit more unpredictable. There has been a few gang wars over the years, but the last few has been peaceful (knock on wood).

Haha, who can forget that mohawk! I had a decent amount of beers, don't worry about that. I think Danes and the Irish share a common love for beer.

It used to be that way long back in the day where two lads had a disagreement, stepped outside and had a scrap. It's just slowly materialized into a fist fight is disrupted when someone pulls out a knife, then someone gets a gun and so on. One of the gangs were supposedly caught inquiring about a rocket launcher, but it could be media nonsense.

Mmmm, the Hells Angels at least seem to have a MO about what crimes they commit and seemingly keep it between themselves and have a bit of class - or as close to a bunch of gangsters can.

Yeah, there does seem to be that link. They did a poll on Europe's biggest consumers of alcohol and we didn't even make the frickin' top 10, which is embarrassing and disappointing. I have to say when it comes to beers, I drank Carlsberg a couple of times on nights out and it was by far the worst beer I ever tasted. I'm conflicted in thinking that someone pissed in my pint when I wasn't looking or that's really how it tastes.

One had an evil brother
The other didn't

Yeah, they are :D

Haha, we are definitely a little bit boring. I am anyway, I like to keep things the same. Man that's nice to hear. I don't personally know any Finns, but I have never heard a bad word about you guys either. My father is an oldtimer. Ex fireman, hunts and fishes a lot. He takes a lot of hunting trips to the forests in Norway and Sweden and even though I don't have a hunting license, I naturally gravitate towards nature. I remember I went with him during a trip to Norway, living in a cabin in the woods with no electricity or running water. It was great. I also love my computer and the comfort of my own home, so I'm torn haha.

Would love to travel to Finland sometime. Heard it's quite beautiful.
It's magical here, mate; there is a reason Vikings from further West were scared of the sorcery and rune-spells amongst Northmen here. ;) You and your father would be most welcome in Finland. Camping riverside or in a meadow in a designated place with shower/WC is honestly only about 15€ per day, so let the inner bear in you awake and head into Finnish forests at some point; blueberries and lingon grow wild and can be plucked in abundance while fish can be caught and eaten for mealtimes; we have angry mosquitos here though in most places during summertime so be mindful of that while packing.

Rockerkrigen was no joke, indeed; we had bars bombed in Helsinki and it was all for retribution from something in Helsingborg (Sweden), Copenhagen or Oslo. I was a teenager then but if you stayed clear of those people and places, like you say, it was safe. From what I've read, the struggles in Ireland seemed to bleed more over into civilian life, which is very sad stuff - some mum or child, just gone. The biker violence in Nordics stayed within their respective circles, so to speak.
Yeah it was crazy. There was a few here also with Hells Angels vs Bandidos. More and more new gangs are coming up actually, but HA seems like the biggest still.

Yes, it seems that in Ireland it bled over more. It's terribly tragic.

It's magical here, mate; there is a reason Vikings from further West were scared of the sorcery and rune-spells amongst Northmen here. ;) You and your father would be most welcome in Finland. Camping riverside or in a meadow in a designated place with shower/WC is honestly only about 15€ per day, so let the inner bear in you awake and head into Finnish forests at some point; blueberries and lingon grow wild and can be plucked in abundance while fish can be caught and eaten for mealtimes; we have angry mosquitos here though in most places during summertime so be mindful of that while packing.

Sounds absolutely magical. I will definitely travel there at some point! :)

It used to be that way long back in the day where two lads had a disagreement, stepped outside and had a scrap. It's just slowly materialized into a fist fight is disrupted when someone pulls out a knife, then someone gets a gun and so on. One of the gangs were supposedly caught inquiring about a rocket launcher, but it could be media nonsense.

Mmmm, the Hells Angels at least seem to have a MO about what crimes they commit and seemingly keep it between themselves and have a bit of class - or as close to a bunch of gangsters can.

Yeah, there does seem to be that link. They did a poll on Europe's biggest consumers of alcohol and we didn't even make the frickin' top 10, which is embarrassing and disappointing. I have to say when it comes to beers, I drank Carlsberg a couple of times on nights out and it was by far the worst beer I ever tasted. I'm conflicted in thinking that someone pissed in my pint when I wasn't looking or that's really how it tastes.
Yeah they have a code. If you don't mess with them, and don't get in their way, they leave you alone. In contrast to other groups, they are somewhat reasonable and in a sense they are "fair". To an extent.

Yep, wish people would just man up and fight 1on1. Fair fight and let the best man win. Still happens occasionally.

Haha, I never drink Carlsberg, but I don't know if you got the real deal. I am more of a Tuborg guy myself, which is the rivaling brand :D

Anyway, I'm off to bed guys! I don't have to tell you the time because we are probably all near the same time zone haha. Nice talking with you fellas! Keep it OG.

oj...Skepticism! Jodå, håller med dej på riktigt - skipped my mind completely. Their new one Ordeal is powerful stuff; you check it out? More of a journey than a music album.

Danish metal scene has indeed deflated over the years. Black Wreath is OK but they remind me of Nortt and I think Nortt takes it to a darker place than Wreath does, so I pay less attention to them. You into N. at all?

Haven't listened much to Nortt, I must admit. I'll probably hit it up on Spotify (if available) in the near future.

Yeah, have been listening to Ordeal. It's pretty good, although I prefer the previous album, Alloy. But as that is one of my favorite albums of the last decade it was always gonna be difficult to top.

Oh, and obviously I should have said Kim Larsen (ex Saturnus), as he's not been part of the band for some 10+ years. Still, Saturnus' latest was actually pretty good. As is Kims neo folk project, Of the Wand and the Moon. Talented dude, for sure.

Fedor's accomplishments spoke for him. Conor just never shuts up.

I like how a thread about a Russian fighter and an Irish fighter turned into a discussion of Danish versus Swedish people and culture.

Well done.

Back