Difference in character between Fedor and Conor?

Yeah, there's some programme on over here about the Danes or maybe the Swedes fighting the Austrians, can't remember the name of the show, but I think it was 2 wars in the space of 8 years in the mid 1800s which people were raving about. I only watched one episode and thought it was okay

Maybe if one country had taken some of the others territory, there could be a similar situation like there was/is in the North of Ireland. Actually, the Vikings did split the country until we sent them packing back to their longboats, and some of them stuck around. :) There's actually a fair few street names named after Vikings here and we have a Viking historical centre which was actually quite interesting.

Yeah, I watched a video of a Swedish MMA guy from MMANYTT, who said that the UFC have to go to Malmo at some stage when they go back to Sweden and he was saying something about the links the city has with Danes. I think he said Latifi is from Malmo and him alone on the card would be a guaranteed sell out.
Yeah exactly. There is a bridge linking Denmark and Sweden called Øresundsbroen. You can take a train from Kastrup Airport in Denmark and be in Malmø in like 30 minutes.

I hope they hold an event there. I was at the one in Stockholm, but it took a long time getting there.

Haha, you guys threw us out huh :D But yeah, you have your own very rough history. How's things there in that regard?

Yeah, I was probably making a lazy generalization there - it's the Norwegians the Danes look up to, yeah? ;)

The links I posted the videos of are comedy centric, but there seems to be an odd dislike for the Finns by the Swedes in the video. I know it doesn't represent the general populace and with some editing it can be made to look like something it's not. I'm sure all the countries in that area fought one another at some point in their history and that was originally where I thought there may be some beef.

Sweden-Finland are a bit different concerning modern-day relations between Nordics; we are closer as well as more similar than either will care to admit. All Nords share a bond but Norway is the outlier of the group, if I'm being honest - no science or survey there, just a general feel for the situation. And of the 15 some people interviewed in each of those videos (I laughed a few times, btw, so thanks for the link), we talk like that about each other all the time; there's nothing there beneath the surface, mate; trust me. All piss.

Finnish culture prides itself on being bearlike tough (king of all beasts for Finns) while being people of the earth and forest, so we view Swedes as effeminate, weak, modern city-folk, f.ex. The scorn is all BS though and usually for a laugh.

Sweden has however become a sort of red flag for what not to do, as we watch our neighbours be overrun with crime, cars burning mid-street and a crashing social system; I reckon Danes are doing the same in that regard - I know Pia of DF and co. are watching at the very least, LOL.

Speaking of visiting places, I read that Copenhagen is more expensive than here (Dublin) for a night out, which is saying something. :eek:
All Nordics will gut your wallet like fish for dinner, but the wages and living standards are higher for us so the real losers are those visiting, unfortunately. I know the feeling though; spent months in Switzerland a few years back myself and if the prices there were Jon Jones, I was Machida, LOL. And talk about effeminate guys...yikes. Makes Swedes look like Norsemen again.

Fedor is ten times the man Conor will ever know how to be.

Real men speak very little and don't show any emotions. Fedor is like the ultimate example of manliness.

Jesus, the world would be a very boring place if every man lived up to your definition of manliness

Why are you comparing the HW goat to a one dimensional striker who has no defense or ground game and a suspect chin?
Suspect chin? I'll wait till he gets knocked out a couple of times in the same fight by a can from the division below until I say that, Fedor has already accomplished that.

They both like money. They have different methods of getting it.

However Fedor makes it by fighting japanese cans while being a total hypocrite "I wanna fight the best" "close to signing with the ufc", etc
He ducked dangerous competitors throughout his career. Starting with Cro Cop, he postponed the fight with him as much as possible in order to properly work on a way to beat him, then ducked UberReem.
He wasn't old and he wasn't out of prime for a HW when he got defeated and it's not like he took lots of damage before those fights to be a shell of himself.

Conor acts arrogant but he actually follows through what he says and fights top competition.
He is also a true martial artist - he could choose the easier fight and go back to 145 (tough cut) to rematch Aldo but instead wants to avenge his loss in a non-title fight.
Without changing the original conditions - WW fight. He could've demanded the fight to be at LW, Diaz is bigger than he is.

Let's imagine if Wanderley would've never fought in the UFC - ppl would consider him the GOAT LHW like they do Fedor.
Wandy was just not smart enough to duck the UFC like Fedor was.

P.S: we laugh now if we see a thread "who is the goat LHW - Wanderley or Jones?"

Fedor was something unique, you'll never see a guy like him,you have Rory but even him shows emotions sometimes. Fedor won the Pride belt and was like meh,also even with his boring persona,he was almost never in a boring fight. Connor on the other hand is more like Ali, like to talk shit all the time but is still a very entertaining guy inside the cage.
What will never be the same is that Fedor was one of the few guys who was something bigger than the ufc , Connor without the ufc is just a Minakov or Askren
Speaking of Minakov... he needs to be in the UFC, asap.

They both like money. They have different methods of getting it.

However Fedor makes it by fighting japanese cans while being a total hypocrite "I wanna fight the best" "close to signing with the ufc", etc
He ducked dangerous competitors throughout his career. Starting with Cro Cop, he postponed the fight with him as much as possible in order to properly work on a way to beat him, then ducked UberReem.
He wasn't old and he wasn't out of prime for a HW when he got defeated and it's not like he took lots of damage before those fights to be a shell of himself.

Conor acts arrogant but he actually follows through what he says and fights top competition.
He is also a true martial artist - he could choose the easier fight and go back to 145 (tough cut) to rematch Aldo but instead wants to avenge his loss in a non-title fight.
Without changing the original conditions - WW fight. He could've demanded the fight to be at LW, Diaz is bigger than he is.

Name me all these Japanese cans you are talking about.
Fedor has always been in the best HW division in every org. Pride, Affliction, Strikeforce all had the best HW roster when he was in it.
Ducked Cro Cop but ended up beating him anyways at his own game.
Ubereem called out a declining Fedor when he was roided. How come he didn't call out Fedor in Pride during his prime?
As if age is the only factor when it comes to being out of your prime. Fedor had multiple surgeries on his hand and personal issues during those times

Croat,but in pride,after pride,and now,Big Nog,Fedor are my favourite guys,then Cro Cop.Just because they have warrior spirit,and gentlmans,in sport terms.About Mirko,yes he shits on him self with this situation,but no in way like Sonnen,JJ,Brock...performance shits,again,and again,maybe it is same thing,but that's just my opinion.About Conor?No way man...

id say conor is a more natural type of leader and alpha, fedor screams beta

Ridiculous.

He mentioned there names. If that triggers you then you're a dickhead...it really is as simple as that. There is a line and conor didn't get close to it.

He didn't even mention their real names.

He was making a fucking joke.

Could be the first one. But I think you might have spelt it wrong.
Muthafucka yo momma spelt you wrong. Salmiakkikossu is also known as Salmari and that's pretty much our national drink. Well, any kind of alcohol will do

Jesus, the world would be a very boring place if every man lived up to your definition of manliness

We already had a world of pious humble Orthodox Christian warriors and real men like Fedor.

Fedor is a throwback to those days.

Conor would probably sell his country to the sultan as he only cares about money and then entertain everyone as some sort of court jester.

There is a night and Day difference to how they carry themselves, Fedor like gentleman and Conor like an asshole. The only thing these fighters have in common is that they have really obsessive fans.

Yeah exactly. There is a bridge linking Denmark and Sweden called Øresundsbroen. You can take a train from Kastrup Airport in Denmark and be in Malmø in like 30 minutes.

I hope they hold an event there. I was at the one in Stockholm, but it took a long time getting there.

Haha, you guys threw us out huh :D But yeah, you have your own very rough history. How's things there in that regard?

Was that the Gus v Rumble one? That venue is a good sized capacity for MMA. It's ridiculous they've only built that new venue in Vegas recently.

It's much quieter, but the fuse is still not fully out. I think the majority of folk are just happy that bombings and shootings aren't the norm' anymore.

Back