Difference between a real competitor and Cowboy

Just look at the aftermath of the Tony vs Cowboy fight. Look at the reactions of the fighters.

Tony, the winner, on the verge of tears because he hit Cowboy just after the bell and won in an unsatisfying manner:
View attachment 710217
Cowboy, the loser, jolly despite making a very silly mistake (if it even was a mistake), losing the bout and disappointing all the fans he puzzlingly enough has.
View attachment 710221

Seems like the perfect can to feed to Conor. A guy who literally could not care less about whether he loses or not. So this is supposed to be a bad-ass guy just because he fights often? Of course he fights often, he doesn't care about losing and he is happy to get pummelled within the first round.

Horseshit thread.

17 submission wins
10 knockout victories.
The all-time UFC record for finishes with 16.
The all-time UFC record for wins with 23.

Show the man some respect.

Just look at the aftermath of the Tony vs Cowboy fight. Look at the reactions of the fighters.

Tony, the winner, on the verge of tears because he hit Cowboy just after the bell and won in an unsatisfying manner:
View attachment 710217
Cowboy, the loser, jolly despite making a very silly mistake (if it even was a mistake), losing the bout and disappointing all the fans he puzzlingly enough has.
View attachment 710221

Seems like the perfect can to feed to Conor. A guy who literally could not care less about whether he loses or not. So this is supposed to be a bad-ass guy just because he fights often? Of course he fights often, he doesn't care about losing and he is happy to get pummelled within the first round.

This is why Khabib said Cowboy has a losers mentality. And this is what some people here are trying to articulate...

*Cowboy is just toooooo happy losing, but I’m rooting for him.

Last edited:
Prioritizing pleasing fans over winning is not being a real competitor

He loves to fight, we get it. He's said it a million times but fans aren't going to pay his bills when CTE starts to set in
Seems we've been paying his bills for quite some time now.

Cowboy used to be so promising, then he ruined his career with his care free attitude.

Anyone who thinks cowboy is a can is a dirty dirty casual. Cowboy is first round ballot HOF and no serious fighter would disagree. Not everyone wins championships and there is more to this sport than rankings and belts

Lost all respect for Cowboy for taking this fight despite knowing he doesnt stand a chance and just wants red panty night.
I like real fighters like Conor who doesnt care about money and just fights because he loves it
this is one of the dumbest pile of shit posts I have ever seen.

you think you make it to the elite level of fighting while thinking "theres no way I can beat that guy. I shouldn't take the biggest fight of my life because Ill probs lose"

{<doc}

Hes beaten multiple former champions but yes, he "doesn't stand a chance" and should obviously know that.

{<doc}

I hope you have a really fucking terrible day.

You know Cerrone is going to try to high-5 Conor every time Conor punches him like a punching bag. He doesn't give a shit, it's pretty obvious.

this is one of the dumbest pile of shit posts I have ever seen.

you think you make it to the elite level of fighting while thinking "theres no way I can beat that guy. I shouldn't take the biggest fight of my life because Ill probs lose"

{<doc}

Hes beaten multiple former champions but yes, he "doesn't stand a chance" and should obviously know that.

{<doc}

I hope you have a really fucking terrible day.
Back to Soccer

The thing with Cowboy is, he's been around so long that he knows his place. He's a dangerous guy but not quite good enough to make a title run, and he's past his prime

He likes fighting and wants to put on a show for the fans. Tony may be the 2nd best LW of all time so Donald was probably prepared for a loss

3-7 in his last 10 fights

Not much else to say

4-6 and the losses were to Gaethje, Tony, Till, Lawler, Edwards and Masvidal. He arguably won the Robbie fight and there's no shame in losing to those guys.

I think judging fighter reactions before and after fights is nonsense. Same with the guys that analyse weigh in face offs.
<LikeReally5>

What's with all the Cowboy shit talking? It's turning into something more than "he's not champion material". Acting like he's never had a decent win and "puzzlingly has fans"???

Tony always seems to land "accidental" illegal shots in fight's he losing and getting beat up.

Amen.

Shertards seem to forget that it took Tony a dirty shot to actually "win" his fight against Cowboy.

he’ll probably name barboza upkick and RDA eye poke but these are all clear unintentional fouls

this isn’t dc literally using eye poking as a strategy

"Clearly unintentional."

LOL Sherdog is on a roll today.

Amen.

Shertards seem to forget that it took Tony a dirty shot to actually "win" his fight against Cowboy.

I'm not going to shit on Cowboy because I've been a fan since his WEC days. But if you actually think that one punch (and not the 50 some Tony landed DURING the round) are the reason Cowboy lost, you are dumb beyond belief. Literally anyone with even the slightest idea what they are seeing could see how badly Tony was fucking Cowboy up in round 2 of that fight. It was quickly turning into a massacre, and it was probably a good thing for Cowboy that he did blow his nose after rd 2. Round 3 was going to be ugly for him.

I'm not going to shit on Cowboy because I've been a fan since his WEC days. But if you actually think that one punch (and not the 50 some Tony landed DURING the round) are the reason Cowboy lost, you are dumb beyond belief. Literally anyone with even the slightest idea what they are seeing could see how badly Tony was fucking Cowboy up in round 2 of that fight. It was quickly turning into a massacre, and it was probably a good thing for Cowboy that he did blow his nose after rd 2. Round 3 was going to be ugly for him.

It was the illegal shot that enabled the air embolism even happen. It's obvious if you rewatch the footage.

"Clearly unintentional."

LOL Sherdog is on a roll today.

Yes, one upkick, one unintentional eye poke, one punch that landed a half second after the bell. In a 30 fight career. Yet somehow the window lickers on this site who don't like Tony think they should post stuff like "Hurr Durr he's a Cheeeeeeter y'all!!!!"

Of course everyone that's posting that idiocy likely has never set foot in a gym, let alone stepped into a cage to fight. They have no idea how quickly stuff happens and that accidental fouls occur in more fights than not. They just have little boners for trying to talk shit about a fighter they don't like.

But...that's Sherdog.

Wow, a Tony fan has been triggered. Imagine that.

Back