Difference between a real competitor and Cowboy

It was the illegal shot that enabled the air embolism even happen. It's obvious if you rewatch the footage.

It was one punch. No offense, but you honestly have no clue if you think you can claim that one shot and (again) not the FIFTY some other ones that Tony landed prior to that was what led to Cowboy needing to blow his nose. I've seen the fight 3-4 times, I don't know what else to tell you. You don't know what you're talking about, sorry.

Wow, a Tony fan has been triggered. Imagine that.

Ahh the age old "Herp Derp you're triggered!" reply when someone tells you that you aren't very smart.

My guess is you think a lot of people in your life are "triggered" then, kid LMAO because you're likely being told this very thing pretty often.

It was one punch. No offense, but you honestly have no clue if you think you can claim that one shot and (again) not the FIFTY some other ones that Tony landed prior to that was what led to Cowboy needing to blow his nose. I've seen the fight 3-4 times, I don't know what else to tell you. You don't know what you're talking about, sorry.

Yes, I am obviously wrong, thank you.

Yes, I am obviously wrong, thank you.

No no, of course Tony "needed that illegal punch to win". You're spot on there, sport. Forget the judges having Tony ahead. Forget anyone with eyes seeing Tony maul him the entire second round. Hell, just forget all the actual stats...
upload_2020-1-14_18-7-11.png

We'll all just go with your analysis because...well you posted it here on Sherdog after all so you must know your shit.

No no, of course Tony "needed that illegal punch to win". You're spot on there, sport. Forget the judges having Tony ahead. Forget anyone with eyes seeing Tony maul him the entire second round. Hell, just forget all the actual stats...
View attachment 710381

We'll all just go with your analysis because...well you posted it here on Sherdog after all so you must know your shit.

Strikes landed only tells a part of the story, we all know that.

While I give Tony the edge as the second was ending, the fight wasn't by any means over until Tony landed that illegal shot.

Strikes landed only tells a part of the story, we all know that.

While I give Tony the edge as the second was ending, the fight wasn't by any means over until Tony landed that illegal shot.

He didn't have "the edge", he was mauling Cowboy in round 2. Round 1, different story. Tony landed more but it was very competitive. 2 judges had it for Tony, 1 for Cowboy. Round 2 was a one-sided beatdown. Maybe you need to rewatch? It's not really debatable either.

Honestly, it's just bizarre that you'd fixate on one punch that landed after the bell as the reason the fight ended, and not the 102 that landed prior to that. Especially since if you actually watch round 2, there were plenty of much harder shots that landed. AND, (again, REWATCH the fight) Cowboy was pawing at his nose through most of round 2, which says the nose was likely broken early in the round. Which is why he blew it after round 2.

I should not have been a dick, sometimes stuff just gets remembered wrong. I'd say if you have 10 free minutes, rewatch the fight and you'll see what I'm talking about.

He didn't have "the edge", he was mauling Cowboy in round 2. Round 1, different story. Tony landed more but it was very competitive. 2 judges had it for Tony, 1 for Cowboy. Round 2 was a one-sided beatdown. Maybe you need to rewatch? It's not really debatable either.

Honestly, it's just bizarre that you'd fixate on one punch that landed after the bell as the reason the fight ended, and not the 102 that landed prior to that. Especially since if you actually watch round 2, there were plenty of much harder shots that landed. AND, (again, REWATCH the fight) Cowboy was pawing at his nose through most of round 2, which says the nose was likely broken early in the round. Which is why he blew it after round 2.

I should not have been a dick, sometimes stuff just gets remembered wrong. I'd say if you have 10 free minutes, rewatch the fight and you'll see what I'm talking about.

That dude doesn't watch fights, he watches Conor's Twitter feed.

Amen.

Shertards seem to forget that it took Tony a dirty shot to actually "win" his fight against Cowboy.
And RDA and Barboza

Not saying he's a dirty fighter but in those fights he was losing and getting beat up (like he usually does) till fight altering "accidental" illegal shots.

And RDA and Barboza

Not saying he's a dirty fighter but in those fights he was losing and getting beat up (like he usually does) till fight altering "accidental" illegal shots.

If you honestly believe he was losing and getting beat up in those fights you need to follow a different sport. RDA won round 1 vs him yes. The accidental eye poke happened in rd 2, then RDA actually had a better rd 3 before getting busted up in rds 4 and 5. At no point was Tony getting "beaten up". It was a good back and forth early and Tony took over late.

Tony was never losing to Edson, and in fact Barboza's best moments (which were insignificant anyway) came AFTER the upkick.

Tony was beating the hell out of Cowboy all of round 2 so I'd love to hear how you think that one punch "altered" that fight.

You have an agenda and likely won't even address these facts, but I'll keep pointing out that you are posting fantasy when I see you do it.

Difference between real competitor and Ferguson.
Cerrone has had double the fights of Ferguson since Ferguson entered the UFC. In fact Cerrone has had more fights since Ferguson entered the UFC than Ferguson has had in his ENTIRE career

Cerrone has the most wins in UFC history, most finishes in UFC history, most post fight bonuses in UFC history, most knockdowns in UFC history, and tied for most fights in UFC history. That is a real competitor.

I m not fond of the guy but you are right

Just look at the aftermath of the Tony vs Cowboy fight. Look at the reactions of the fighters.

Tony, the winner, on the verge of tears because he hit Cowboy just after the bell and won in an unsatisfying manner:
View attachment 710217
Cowboy, the loser, jolly despite making a very silly mistake (if it even was a mistake), losing the bout and disappointing all the fans he puzzlingly enough has.
View attachment 710221

Seems like the perfect can to feed to Conor. A guy who literally could not care less about whether he loses or not. So this is supposed to be a bad-ass guy just because he fights often? Of course he fights often, he doesn't care about losing and he is happy to get pummelled within the first round.
d level post

Just look at the aftermath of the Tony vs Cowboy fight. Look at the reactions of the fighters.

Tony, the winner, on the verge of tears because he hit Cowboy just after the bell and won in an unsatisfying manner:
View attachment 710217
Cowboy, the loser, jolly despite making a very silly mistake (if it even was a mistake), losing the bout and disappointing all the fans he puzzlingly enough has.
View attachment 710221

Seems like the perfect can to feed to Conor. A guy who literally could not care less about whether he loses or not. So this is supposed to be a bad-ass guy just because he fights often? Of course he fights often, he doesn't care about losing and he is happy to get pummelled within the first round.
Alcohol change your mindset and make you smile a lot

Cowboy is a serious competitor and a much bigger guy than Conor should be fighting. Anybody trying to down play the danger that Conor is in is just a Conor hater. Cowboy has more ways to win and much more experience at that weight class. If Conor doesn’t fight a perfect fight he could absolutely lose this.

This post didn't age well.

Back