Diego Sanchez is delusional

I mean this is Diego Sanchez we are talking about here right? Hasn't he always kinda been?

I would love it if he won the belt, but I wouldn't bet my beatrix potter 50p coin on it.

This guy. He does an interview saying "it's time" and "his destiny" to win a UFC title, and that he wants to do something similar to Bisping before he retires.

I mean, I don't like Micheal Bisping, but I can admit he was a good fighter. Nonetheless, Bisping was never "championship" material -- he just scored a lucky KO as a last minute replacement. It happens. And Diego Sanchez is nowhere near as good as Bisping. At least Bisping was on a 3 fight win streak before he fought Rockhold, whereas Diego just got KO'd by 2 gatekeepers.

155 is so stacked that I don't see Diego getting anywhere near a title shot, and he's too small to compete at 170. I think the guy should just give it up; he's delusional.

Well in his defence he did have a title shot once and will always be remembered as the guy who landed the fewest strikes in UFC title fight history on route to a 5th round KO lose (8 if I recall correctly)

As for him being delusional though thats not news, dudes been a delusional nut job for as long as I can remember.

There was a time that he looked like he had the potential to become great mind you. He was always weird and unlikable though.

Last edited:
There are plenty of lucky strikes, some end in a KO.

There are no lucky submissions.

Anyone, even the most accomplished strikers, can get tagged, and possibly KO’d.
The most accomplished grapplers can not just get subbed.

Anyone could have possibly tagged Anderson Silva at any time, but it was a lot easier to tag him when Bisping fought him.
You already knew that though.

we are talking about Bisping vs Luke
if you watch Luke before he got to sleep,
he came very aggressive and never protected his chin in the pocket during the first exchanges

Bisping was waiting for the right time,
Bisping as an elite striker waited that Luke planted his front foot in danger zone, and delivered a perfect left hook on Luke chin
there is ZERO luck in this sequence, one overconfident fighter bull rushing
an opponent he underestimate
and an elite striker capitalize on the mistake
end of the story

idk, it just sounds like diego to me. Nothing weird about it.

People seem to forget he went 17-0 before he finally lost one to Koscheck.
Yes but shortly after he became a masochist that likes getting punched in the face. He is brain damaged now, so I dont expect him to do well.

Judging from his last fight; Kyle bosniack is the new diego sanchez.

I will always suppprt diego but i dont think he can beat anyone really? He is at that point now, forgrt about champion, can he have a competitve fight at all even?
Bring back mike jackson or cm punk for one more, maybe micky gall or sage.

Yes but shortly after he became a masochist that likes getting punched in the face. He is brain damaged now, so I dont expect him to do well.

You do realize that you're repeating something everyone else on here says constantly to the point of redundancy? At least I brought up a fact that never seems to get mentioned, rather than an overly expressed opinion.

You do realize that you're repeating something everyone else on here says constantly to the point of redundancy? At least I brought up a fact that never seems to get mentioned, rather than an overly expressed opinion.
Cause we are concerned for his health. Someone should save him from himself instead been of trying to squeeze money out of him.

we are talking about Bisping vs Luke
if you watch Luke before he got to sleep,
he came very aggressive and never protected his chin in the pocket during the first exchanges

Bisping was waiting for the right time,
Bisping as an elite striker waited that Luke planted his front foot in danger zone, and delivered a perfect left hook on Luke chin
there is ZERO luck in this sequence, one overconfident fighter bull rushing
an opponent he underestimate
and an elite striker capitalize on the mistake
end of the story

What?

There is tons of luck.

If Luke left his chin wide open, Bisping was lucky to have the opportunity to land one, especially so early in the fight when he had his full strength and speed.

Bisping has had thousands of openings in all his fights, to land a perfect KO shot. The right power and accuracy within millimeters, and he rarely pulls that off.

For these kinds of things to work out in his favor would take an enormous amount of luck.

Back