Diego Sanchez is delusional

Alpha_T83

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
This guy. He does an interview saying "it's time" and "his destiny" to win a UFC title, and that he wants to do something similar to Bisping before he retires.

I mean, I don't like Micheal Bisping, but I can admit he was a good fighter. Nonetheless, Bisping was never "championship" material -- he just scored a lucky KO as a last minute replacement. It happens. And Diego Sanchez is nowhere near as good as Bisping. At least Bisping was on a 3 fight win streak before he fought Rockhold, whereas Diego just got KO'd by 2 gatekeepers.

155 is so stacked that I don't see Diego getting anywhere near a title shot, and he's too small to compete at 170. I think the guy should just give it up; he's delusional.

This guy. He does an interview saying "it's time" and "his destiny" to win a UFC title, and that he wants to do something similar to Bisping before he retires.

I mean, I don't like Micheal Bisping, but I can admit he was a good fighter. Nonetheless, Bisping was never "championship" material -- he just scored a lucky KO as a last minute replacement. It happens. And Diego Sanchez is nowhere near as good as Bisping. At least Bisping was on a 3 fight win streak before he fought Rockhold, whereas Diego just got KO'd by 2 gatekeepers.

155 is so stacked that I don't see Diego getting anywhere near a title shot, and he's too small to compete at 170. I think the guy should just give it up; he's delusional.
<{gspressed}>

Yeah its kind of sad.

Dude had a lot of potential but resorted to brawling mainly, and now hes older and his chin is failing him and the sport has passed him by.

Agreed, he shouldn't have belief in himself at all. He needs to become a full time sewer-dweller so we never have to see him again.

I want to believe! But I seem him getting ko again sadly.

Diego should have retired a few fights ago.

Absolutely love the guy - He is the very definition of a warrior. Can't even COUNT how many crazy fights he has been in over the years.

But he is a poster boy for CTE, and only risking becoming a vegetable the more he pushes it. His best days are well behind him now.

Why is he confident with himself!!!!!1111!! argh

/Sherdog

Diego should have retired a few fights ago.

Absolutely love the guy - He is the very definition of a warrior. Can't even COUNT how many crazy fights he has been in over the years.

But he is a poster boy for CTE, and only risking becoming a vegetable the more he pushes it. His best days are well behind him now.
Should have retired after the Lamas fight, should have never lost to him

You need to have a certain level of delusion to compete in MMA.

That said, obviously, his best times are behind him. Ideally, he would’ve called it after the Iaquinta fight.

Dude was always straight jacket material.

Yes!......yes!.......YES!!!

Gets KTFO

I read that front page article and was thinking about making a post but waited until someone else did.
Diego is out of his mind. I felt sad for him when he said his current self would beat his younger self in a fight.

Let him have his rockem sockem robot bareknucle match with Garcia!! Let him bang, bro

i have always been a big fan of Diego, but i think he should have retired long time ago, he is 4-7 in his last eleven outings (3 brutal KO's in the last 4 defeats). I hope not, but White will put him to sleep in the 1st to send him into retirement.

Bisping is a top 5 all time middle weight.

1) Bisping’s KO was far from lucky. Rockhold has shit boxing and not the best chin. Plenty of people reasoned that if it became a boxing match Bisping would win. It became a boxing match.

2) the guy who screams YES while doing cartwheels is delusional? Say it ain’t so!

YOU ARE WITNESSING CTE SYMPTOMS In Diego

Diego's downward slide isn't the worst we've seen, but it's certainly the longest.

What's kind of funny is that he was close to having a comeback title shot years ago when he fought Jake Ellenberger (and Jake was the top contender in the division). After losing the first two rounds, he was dominating the third, getting full mount and landing big shots. Unfortunately this was before all main events were 5-rounds, which was a rule Dana actually made because of this fight. So Diego lost the decision and never strung together any good wins again.

Back