Diego Sanchez Gets New Contract, Drops A Weight Class, And Teases Big Name Fight

Probably Urijah Faber vs Diego at 145 on a TUF Finale or some shit.

That or Edgar would be great to watch, think I prefer Faber vs Sanchez though. Would be more competetive

Horrible career choice IMO. I think he should just stay at 155 and focus on his offensive wrestling, because his ground games not bad. That being said...

Probably Urijah Faber vs Diego at 145 on a TUF Finale or some shit.

I like this fight. Makes the most sense IMO.

If Diego got choked out cold by Faber, he'd still get the decision.

.....worst thing to ever happen to Diego was dropping from WW to LW....now he wants to go another ten?

Rough cut.

huh?

He fought for the title at 155. He didn't get anywhere near it at 170.

Diego has always had amazing cardio.

Diego vs Edgar in a 3 rounder would be amazing.

Mendes vs Sanchez could be an amazing fight. Would be a good bounce back fight for Chad.

Good fight, I could see it happening on the Houston card.

The drop is to 155 again right? Or is he really going to try 145

I remember him being really drawn out at 155 even, not that his body isn't capable but he might not have done the cut the best way

huh?

He fought for the title at 155. He didn't get anywhere near it at 170.

Yet his wins in his WW run were far far better than his two wins at LW (joe daddy and Guida) that earned him that title shot....

It was a gifted title shot given more on name than on his wins.

The drop is to 155 again right? Or is he really going to try 145

I remember him being really drawn out at 155 even, not that his body isn't capable but he might not have done the cut the best way

He said "new" weight class, so I'm assuming 145 since he's already fought at both 170 and 155.

You are joking, right? Frankie is not Gil. He will take Diego down and pummel him if they fought.

sarcasmdetectorsimpsons.jpg

My guess is Guida rematch. Maybe Kawajiri.

90% sure it will be Lamas on the Mexico card in November. Second guess is Guida rematch

Yet his wins in his WW run were far far better than his two wins at LW (joe daddy and Guida) that earned him that title shot....

It was a gifted title shot given more on name than on his wins.

He beat Pearson at LW as well and Gomi at catchweight

Last edited:
I am a bit dismayed to hear he got a new contract. Nothing against the guy. He is the kind of crazy I can deal with, and he has been in a lot of really fun fights. But in my opinion he has not deserved a win in several years now. On top of that, I worry about his health.

Whether you like it or not he's 3-3 in his last 6 which is respectable.

Back