Diego Sanchez Gets New Contract, Drops A Weight Class, And Teases Big Name Fight

they were tossing around the idea of Sanchez/McGregor at LW a while back. Might be that, but I doubt it.

.....worst thing to ever happen to Diego was dropping from WW to LW....now he wants to go another ten?

Rough cut.

if diego is dropping down to 145lbs, my guess is it's edgar since diego hashtagged big name fight.

Frankie wants on UFC 191.. Sanchez vs. Edgar??

Diego by split dec.

Probably Urijah Faber vs Diego at 145 on a TUF Finale or some shit.

Who says he is not moving to MW? That would be a true resurgence.

How in the fuck would this make sense on any planet

it doesn't, that's why I said I doubted it. That said, the UFC has thrown together a lot of fights that don't make sense.

If it were to happen it wouldn't be bonkers. McGregor might want a low risk/high reward stay busy fight before Aldo. An easy one to keep in shape, pick up a quick paycheck and to sharpen himself up a bit. Sanchez has some name value and is an easy fight, could make it a non-title fight. Could be used as the TUF Faber/McGregor finale instead of a McGregor/Faber fight. Besides, what big name fights does 145 have other than McGregor, Aldo, Edgar, and Faber? Mendes maybe. KZ is out in the Korean military.

actually, a Faber/Sanchez fight is a possiblity as well, would probably make more sense.

I am a bit dismayed to hear he got a new contract. Nothing against the guy. He is the kind of crazy I can deal with, and he has been in a lot of really fun fights. But in my opinion he has not deserved a win in several years now. On top of that, I worry about his health.

People shit on Diego, but the dude has never been finished. 7 losses, 6 by decision, and 1 by TKO from a cut. That's insane. I feel like he should be chinny by now. Good luck to him though.

I am a bit dismayed to hear he got a new contract. Nothing against the guy. He is the kind of crazy I can deal with, and he has been in a lot of really fun fights. But in my opinion he has not deserved a win in several years now. On top of that, I worry about his health.

Sadly I think it's about keeping these guys off Bellator TV.

I think if the UFC could control Sanchez, they would make him retire.

Jesus, down to 145? That's way too light for Diego.

Options for "big names" are Mendes, Edgar, Aldo, McGregor, or possibly Faber.

Back