Diego Sanchez Gets New Contract, Drops A Weight Class, And Teases Big Name Fight

.....worst thing to ever happen to Diego was dropping from WW to LW....now he wants to go another ten?

Rough cut.

It wasn't a bad decision at all. It's the only weight class he ever got a title shot in.

Not his fault Penn went at him like a velociraptor.

He already looked super slow at 155, and his wrestling has disappeared.

edgar would make it a boring fight...

Since Sanchez's idea of weight cut is to retain fat and reduce muscle, I'm curious to see a 145-lb fat guy without a shirt on.

Whether you like it or not he's 3-3 in his last 6 which is respectable.

No. His legacy is very respectable. So are his will and heart. But I have little respect for his 3-3 record in his last six fights or for his performances in them. The guy remains tough as nails, but he has not been fighting well for some time now.

diego vs nate diaz?

diego via brutally bludgeoning nate's fist with his face.

Since Sanchez's idea of weight cut is to retain fat and reduce muscle, I'm curious to see a 145-lb fat guy without a shirt on.

giphy.gif

But he didn't deserve those wins, not by a long shot.

Our opinion on who wins doesn't matter and for match making purposes he's always gotten opponents based on his WINS, performances and historic accomplishments. Do you think he would have gotten Ellenberger if he lost to Kampmann? Remember how he nearly finished Jake in the 3rd? He arguably did enough to beat Gomi and I highly doubt he would have gotten Gilbert if he lost that fight. He has a win over Clay Guida who is a top 10 FW. There are so many ways of justifying Diego's relevance in the UFC. It's haters like you that shed doubt on a future UFC HOF'er. I'm always going to support even if he never wins again. He's earned the right to fight as long as he wants or till the UFC wishes to severe ties.

Our opinion on who wins doesn't matter and for match making purposes he's always gotten opponents based on his WINS, performances and historic accomplishments. Do you think he would have gotten Ellenberger if he lost to Kampmann? Remember how he nearly finished Jake in the 3rd? He arguably did enough to beat Gomi and I highly doubt he would have gotten Gilbert if he lost that fight. He has a win over Clay Guida who is a top 10 FW. There are so many ways of justifying Diego's relevance in the UFC. It's haters like you that shed doubt on a future UFC HOF'er. I'm always going to support even if he never wins again. He's earned the right to fight as long as he wants or till the UFC wishes to severe ties.

Not a hater. I'm a fan of the guy. It's just fact that he's got multiple wins on his resume that he flat out doesn't deserve.

I guess he's going down to 145

Not a hater. I'm a fan of the guy. It's just fact that he's got multiple wins on his resume that he flat out doesn't deserve.

I didn't know you were an MMA judge or were the first authority on what defines a win. Check the record books. Diego's got wins.

Back