Diego Sanchez Gets New Contract, Drops A Weight Class, And Teases Big Name Fight

I remember watching Diego on TUF and I knew he was going to win it. He had so much potential coming off the show and went on a good tear afterwards with great fights against Diaz and Karo.

Looking at his resume, he's only lost to legit top guys. He just doesn't fight smart any more. He's like another Jorge Gurgel where, supposedly, he has all these other skills but just relies solely on his balls out sloppy striking.

A huge Nope all over the place. Sanchez has nothing in the way of non-gatekeeper fighting to offer. Even in the way of fun fights. Just a big nope. Not anymore

I'm guessing Diego vs faber. Both are coming off loses and haven't looked sharp lately, yet both have sellable names

He'll also be changing his nickname from The Dream to Skeletor.

OMG HE SIGNED A NEW CONTRACT?????? But what about all the money he must be losing on the reebok deal???? I'm aware he has a lot of fights, so he's in he upper tier. The fans are more worried than the fighters. So stupid.

He beat Pearson at LW as well and Gomi at catchweight

....not before the title shot, which was what I was referring to....and like others have stated, in reality he did not win those.

Tom Taylor

Except for that title shot he earned at 155...

As replied to earlier, beating Stevenson and Guida is not remotely earning anything, it was a gifted shot on name power.

That name earned at WW.

Just hope whatever he does is best for his career I'd like him to stick around awhilelonger

Do any of you all think McGregor would KO Diego? I think Diego takes a beating but makes it all 5. I am most interested in Edgar vs McGregor although it's another 5 rounder, Edgar will push Conner.

The fight game has passed him by. He never evolved. With that said even when he loses he somehow "wins".

wait, is he going back to lw..? or is he really gonna try FW???? THATS REDONKULOUS

I am a bit dismayed to hear he got a new contract. Nothing against the guy. He is the kind of crazy I can deal with, and he has been in a lot of really fun fights. But in my opinion he has not deserved a win in several years now. On top of that, I worry about his health.

He needs to hook back up with Dan "The Man" Quinn and get back on stevia.

Back