Did Shields really get cut because he's a boring fighter?

I don't know why he was cut, never understood it, but he's not boring and neither is Maia.

Your thread is boring.

Maia is better though so no need to keep both around

The one that lost is better. thanks for clearing it up

They're both horrible for money side the business. They clear seats that were bought to watch other fighters.

You can hump & win but one can not hump & lose .

Never questioned it lol. Bunch of dominate kinda boring performances and was cut after one loss iirc.

Between his less than exciting performances as well as a high salary (75k/75k) it was enough to let him go, according to the UFC. Was his contract up with them? That's a serious question, I don't know.

Edit: It says he was released.

Shake Jields is one of the greates WWs of all time, beat the current WW champ, the current MW title contender and most of the current WW top 5.
Dana couldn't deal with it and was angry because he derailed some hype trains.

His cost to entertainment ratio was too low for the UFC. He's still a top 10 WW and could be top 5 given the right fights.

I like Shields and would rather he still be in the UFC, but he wasn't exactly dominant in the UFC, his results were mixed.

Shake Jields is one of the greates WWs of all time, beat the current WW champ, the current MW title contender and most of the current WW top 5.
Dana couldn't deal with it and was angry because he derailed some hype trains.

Last 2 WW champions and Condit who won the Interim title.

If gsp weren't around shields would have been champ. He was cut because bs reason of never going to be a contender again, which is BS because a third of the ufc roster is now filler fighters who'll work for cheap.

Maia is better though so no need to keep both around
images

so much better

also compare their records lol
Shake's career = 100x damians career

He's not exciting, he's expensive and he can beat almost every ww, that's why he was cut

Back