Did Shields really get cut because he's a boring fighter?

One of the most overrated fighters of all time and also failed a drug test
Beat Demian Maia, Tyron Woodley, Robbie Lawler, Carlos Condit, Dan Henderson = OVERRATED ?
8eQqot7.gif

One of the most overrated fighters of all time and also failed a drug test

lol that's not up to you how you "rate" it, there is nothing that needs to be interpreted
his record is good enought that the facts simply are the facts
lot of wins over ranked opponents = great career

Jake_shields_finger.jpg

lol that's not up to you how you "rate" it, there is nothing that needs to be interpreted
his record is good enought that the facts simply are the facts
lot of wins over ranked opponents = great career

Jake_shields_finger.jpg
Weak performances where he barely squeaked out wins is not impressive

Watching him get rekt by Palhares was fun

Weak performances where he barely squeaked out wins is not impressive

Watching him get rekt by Palhares was fun
Wins are what matters.
All this "uh oh but he came to fight/ should have won/ faced hard competition soo../ is a warrior" talk isn't worth anything.
That's actually what's "overrated" guys like Nick Diaz who don't win in half a decade but fans try to justify how they are great because blah blah
Either you win or you don't, Shake won a lot.

Maia slowly becoming The Bore Master... His last entertaining fight was 4 years ago.

He has a nice win streak, I guess he won't be cut if he keep it up.. And the fact he's Brazilian will help too in the long run.

Wins are what matters.
All this "uh oh but he came to fight/ should have won/ faced hard competition soo../ is a warrior" talk isn't worth anything.
That's actually what's "overrated" guys like Nick Diaz who don't win in have a decade but fans try to justify how they are great because blah blah
Either you win or you don't, Shake won a lot.
I don't like Diaz either

But that doesn't change the fact that Shields has never really been impressive

I don't like Diaz either

But that doesn't change the fact that Shields has never really been impressive
Georges is impressed.
"According to UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre in a video on the UFC's Facebook page, Jake Shields is probably the toughest opponent he's ever faced."

it shocks me that people are still surprised by this, they should've been cut immediately.

He was also viewed as being on the down slide

Maia slowly becoming The Bore Master... His last entertaining fight was 4 years ago.
His fight with Rory was FOTN and it was for damn sure not 4 years ago. Also if i'm not mistaken he was given performance bonuses in the magny and nelson fight (both fights have been fairly recent).

Yeah it's been a whooping 4 years since his last entertaining fight (keep up the quality posting).

it shocks me that people are still surprised by this, they should've been cut immediately.
Speaking of Shields, I notice he's a no-show on your list? You got Cormier but no Shields, what gives?

Shields is a great fighter but Maia replaced him and Fitch out of the UFC.

I wish he was still in the UFC. Shields can beat anybody (except for Lombard, I guess).

Maia is the guy to beat Wonderboy, but Shields is right there, too. Once he ties up with any fighter on the mat, his elite bjj/wrestling will more than likely get him on top. He has beaten Condit, Lawler, and Woodley. Jake is the worst cut in UFC history (or close to it).

I usually find Maia's style to be a little more entertaining, but yeah Shields is still one of the best.

Speaking of Shields, I notice he's a no-show on your list? You got Cormier but no Shields, what gives?
He got cut from my list, along with Fitch.

Back