Did Robbie underestimate Woodley? Like Werdum underestimated Stipe?

Lawler doesn't seem like the kind of guy that doesn't take a fight seriously.

Lawler's style is awesome to watch but it doesn't tend to lend itself well to long title reigns. If you get into too many wars in MMA you are eventually going to lose one.

I had a feeling that Woodley got the better of Robbie whenever they trained and it looked like that was in the back of Robbies mind

Lawler got caught reacting to a feint. Wonder if that's what Woodley was referring to when he mentioned the Diaz-Lawler fight.

I think this is the case. I bought into it as well! I thought Woodley would be his easiest defense!!! Did he believe the same thing? Lawler fought killers like Hendricks, Condit and Rory. 2 of which are very well versed in more than just striking. Then u have Woodley a guy finished by Rory and Nate Marquardt. Pfft. Easy fight right? Wrong.

Then you have Werdum in Brazil. Obviously troll facing before the fight. All smiles. Looks softer than usual.

He's thinking to himself. Stipe? Pfft. Lol. The guy who lost to Stefan Struve of all people??!!! And a one legged JDS??? Funny I thought the same thing!!!

I understand a champion and a champions schedule. I'm sure a guy like Robbie was burning the candle at both ends in preparing for a killer like Condit. (Seriously what's Condits head made out of? I'm going with granite) but when he gets a guy like Woodley. Maybe just maybe he took it a little easier.

underestimate? i doubt it. i just think he got caught on the chin. anything can happen with those small gloves. got caught.

When was it official that Werdum underastimated Stipe? He wasn't even a big favourite to begin with

How about we wait and see if Stipe can solidify himself before u start ducking his dick. Werdum is a long time veteran with sub wins over Cain, Fedor and Nog. What did Stipe do again? Yeah he beat up Mark Hunt pretty bad. But Mark Hunt got beat up by a fake wrestler several years removed from the sport. Then he beat Arlovski who let's face it. He's past his prime and a gatekeeper at this point.

When Stipe beats JDS, Cain and Overeem. Then I will start singing his praises.

No, that was a match up that was likely to end with either a big right hand from Woodley or a big left hand from Lawler. When a orthodox fighter fights a southpaw, they both have a better chance of landing their money punch than they would against a guy in the same stance. Woodley landed his huge shot first.

I doubt Lawler underestimated Woodley. His greatest weakness is Woodley's biggest strength and Woodley has shown that he can also crack. Also, unlike Hendricks whose wrestling also gave Robbie fits, Woodley is extremely good at shooting from distance, which forced Robbie to keep his hands lowered even outside boxing range.

All that and the difference in stances made Woodley a more difficult matchup for Lawler than Hendricks is.

Your definition of dominating and my definition are completely different then. I give Woodley this. He's a strong first round fighter no doubt.

I would say it's safe to say he was dominating Condit before the knee injury, he was landing on him almost at will with big shots and wasn't really getting hit much in return.

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but it seems like the belt is secondary, and sometimes contradictory to making money these days.
Maybe he wanted a vacation, maybe he was done having wars, maybe he wants to fight Diaz and get paid, and maybe, just maybe, his heart wasn't 100% into this fight. Shit is complicated.

200.gif

He just got caught. It happens. Sometimes you get hit like that, and you go out. Sometimes you see guys take the equivalent of a sledgehammer to the head and keep on pushing forward..

Werdum did not underestimate Stipe. Stipe won because his striking is much much better and he is too fast for Werdum. Werdum is slow and stiff in the striking and nearly 40 years old. Stipe is just much better, unless Werdum could have got it to the ground but he wasn't taking Stipe down. easy fight to predict and make money on wooo hooo.

I dont think either of them underestimated ther opponents. Thay just got caught by the better fighter on tha night

What Fabricio Werdum, RDA, and Robbie Lawler have in common?

They took a shot at Conor McGregor.

BaDum Tss!

Back