Did Robbie underestimate Woodley? Like Werdum underestimated Stipe?

Robbie never even got going. He danced for 3 minutes, never threw a single real strike, and then got KTFO.

It's MMA, anyone elite can beat anyone elite on any given day.

It was actually a takedown and a nasty leg kick that ended condit's night.
I know that but the nature of the injury was still freakish even if woodley helped cause it. Just like Andersons leg. Anderson hit Chris on the bone as Chris checked the kick and Andersons leg snapped like a twig. Very freakish. These kind of things don't happen on a normal basis and I'm glad they don't. These type of injuries can be career enders.

I'm just happy Robbie didn't get freak injured in his fight against Woodley. He will be back.

I think this is the case. I bought into it as well! I thought Woodley would be his easiest defense!!! Did he believe the same thing? Lawler fought killers like Hendricks, Condit and Rory. 2 of which are very well versed in more than just striking. Then u have Woodley a guy finished by Rory and Nate Marquardt. Pfft. Easy fight right? Wrong.

Then you have Werdum in Brazil. Obviously troll facing before the fight. All smiles. Looks softer than usual.

He's thinking to himself. Stipe? Pfft. Lol. The guy who lost to Stefan Struve of all people??!!! And a one legged JDS??? Funny I thought the same thing!!!

I understand a champion and a champions schedule. I'm sure a guy like Robbie was burning the candle at both ends in preparing for a killer like Condit. (Seriously what's Condits head made out of? I'm going with granite) but when he gets a guy like Woodley. Maybe just maybe he took it a little easier.

No. Robbie didn't underestimate Woodley. He had nothing but respect for Woodley's speed and the power in his hands. That much is evidenced by the fact that Robbie was very patient, and wasn't just going at him from the get go like he normally would. Woodley just set up his shot perfectly with the feint.

Back