Did Hendo have Fedors number?

Dan has hands of stone and found a hole. Up until then it was looking very bad for him which leads me to believe that more often than not, Fedor would beat the brakes off him. Dan is a monster though just to be clear.

In their primes it would have been a very bad night for Dan.

In their prime Dan would have had an excellent night. I won't disrepect Fedor by saying Dan wins every time but the prime argument is not a good one because Dan was 40 years old when they fought. At forty he stopped a 34 year old Fedor. Nuts. It was still the TRT era but I don't believe for a minute anyone was clean at that time although I'm sure there had to be a few.

No, Hendo was getting outstruck and almost got KOed, he's just the king of the scramble KO. He got Shogun, Lombard and Fedor all in scrambles while he was getting beaten up.

In their prime Dan would have had an excellent night. I won't disrepect Fedor by saying Dan wins every time but the prime argument is not a good one because Dan was 40 years old when they fought. At forty he stopped a 34 year old Fedor. Nuts. It was still the TRT era but I don't believe for a minute anyone was clean at that time although I'm sure there had to be a few.

Dan was on PEDs and had been for years. Physical declines are supposed to happen naturally in your early 30s.

No, Dan does not "have Fedor's number". That implies that he beats him most/all of the time, and (IMHO) that is ridiculous.

TRT Hendo was in trouble when he managed to sneak that uppercut in. While I would never be so disrespectful to call it a 'lucky win' (a win is a win), but the idea that Hendo > Fedor, or that the fight doesn't go very differently at any point in their careers, is pretty hard to imagine.

No, Hendo was getting outstruck and almost got KOed, he's just the king of the scramble KO. He got Shogun, Lombard and Fedor all in scrambles while he was getting beaten up.

For the exact reason you just listed is why Hendo wins more often than not. Fedor goes for the kill and Dan is one tough dude to kill and delivers that scramble KO time after time. 7 out 10 Dan delivers the h-bomb on Fedor in a scramble.

For the exact reason you just listed is why Hendo wins more often than not. Fedor goes for the kill and Dan is one tough dude to kill and delivers that scramble KO time after time. 7 out 10 Dan delivers the h-bomb on Fedor in a scramble.

In his prime Fedor would have dominated Hendo. He was insanely hard to hit and still has the record for lowest strikes absorbed per minute.

Dan was on PEDs and had been for years. Physical declines are supposed to happen naturally in your early 30s.

Dan was on TRT which doesn't offer the same advantages as roids or EPO. Also I don't believe, regardless of the dad bod, that Fedor wasn't on something as well.

Dan was on TRT which doesn't offer the same advantages as roids or EPO. Also I don't believe, regardless of the dad bod, that Fedor wasn't on something as well.

TRT is steroids and they didn't test for EPO so he could have easily been on it.

In his prime Fedor would have dominated Hendo. He was insanely hard to hit and still has the record for lowest strikes absorbed per minute.

Nah, prime Dan doesn't get dominated standing and Fedor wasn't a good enough submission grappler for that threat to materialize. Prime Dan was an animal as it would always be just as likely he delivered the h-bomb in spectacular fashion.​

Both were past their primes but Hendo was on TRT to the gills

TRT is steroids and they didn't test for EPO so he could have easily been on it.

Fedor could have been on TRT, gear, and EPO. Speculation is just that. Dan never tested positive for gear. He admitted to using TRT when it was legal.

i think dan is a bad bad matchup for fedor
by the way, i think if randleman stood with fedor in pride he could have hurt him very bad as well

That was probably my favorite one round fight of all time. I agree with the guy who basically said it's a coin flip fight.

That was probably my favorite one round fight of all time. I agree with the guy who basically said it's a coin flip fight.

It really was a dream match up. I was so pumped. Fight was a total roller coastal while it lasted. Great moment in MMA history.

Since when is a 34 year old HW, who absorbed the least strikes per minute as someone just pointed out, past their prime?

Since not everyone ages the same. Fedor clearly had slowed down, even his camp was discussing his decline when he turned 29 or 30. Mind you, he was still destroying people, but in athletics you lose your gifts fast.

Lowest strikes absorbed ? According to who you ? Show me a source that show that's a fact in 2019.. and what does that even mean ? As in ever lmao.. or at just hw or pride? Source it Sherbro, I've been a fan for a very long time and not once have heard that.. and the dude is a slugger and gets battered all the time..

Edit.. I want a 2019source that states that stat is still fact and hasn't been replaced by someone else which I'm sure it has been.

I love seeing all the fucking retards on here using the excuse that Fedor was past his prime despite the fact that Hendo is 6 years older than him.

And I don't believe Dan was "roided to the gills", I believe what he has said about taking a reasonable dosage of TRT. And it's just as likely that Fedor was taking some shit too, I mean they had to ban the ENTIRE Russian Olympic team because cheating was so widespread.

Last edited:
Back