Did Hendo have Fedors number?

It really was a dream match up. I was so pumped. Fight was a total roller coastal while it lasted. Great moment in MMA history.
That fight would have never happened in the UFC. That's what I like about Strikeforce and Bellator today... they always make the best of their roster, maybe because they're more limited but as a fan we end up getting some fantasy type match ups.

Nope! Fedor was just old by then!

Henderson was actually a good matchup (relatively speaking) for the Fedor that just swung wild ass rights over and over again.

Against the Fedor that changed levels like a demon, mixed it up and incorporated god-tier GNP? Not so much.

I love seeing all the fucking retards on here using the excuse that Fedor was past his prime despite the face that Hendo is 6 years older than him.

And I don't believe Dan was "roided to the gills", I believe what he has said about taking a reasonable dosage of TRT. And it's just as likely that Fedor was taking some shit too, I mean they had to ban the ENTIRE Russian Olympic team because cheating was so widespread.

There isn't a straight line between chronological age and peaks/primes.

Especially in MMA. Peaks and primes can only be reasonably assessed after the fact when you can look at someone's entire career arc.

Henderson had a pretty unusual career in terms of peaking/prime. Fedor's was much more traditional.

Since when is a 34 year old HW, who absorbed the least strikes per minute as someone just pointed out, past their prime?

You completely whiffed on that statement LMFAO.

Do you not remember that fedor fought in combat sambo and judo at the same time he was doing mma?

Fedor has a SHIT TON of miles on him just from training constantly let alone actual fighting.

Then you factor in fedor fought minimum 3 times a year until 2005 some years 4 or 5 times and that's just mma not counting other combat sports.

Then you factor in every single person in the world ages differently.......your wrong in many ways.BTW fedor passed his drug tests he was clean while Hendo was TRT king.

I love seeing all the fucking retards on here using the excuse that Fedor was past his prime despite the face that Hendo is 6 years older than him.

And I don't believe Dan was "roided to the gills", I believe what he has said about taking a reasonable dosage of TRT. And it's just as likely that Fedor was taking some shit too, I mean they had to ban the ENTIRE Russian Olympic team because cheating was so widespread.

Fedor passed his drug test so your bias opinion means nothing.

Fedor had twice the miles Dan had on him even being 6 years younger.

Look at my above post for confirmation thx lmfao

You completely whiffed on that statement LMFAO.
Do you not remember that fedor fought in combat sambo and judo at the same time he was doing mma?
Fedor has a SHIT TON of miles on him just from training constantly let alone actual fighting.
Then you factor in fedor fought minimum 3 times a year until 2005 some years 4 or 5 times and that's just mma not counting other combat sports.
Then you factor in every single person in the world ages differently.......your wrong in many ways.BTW fedor passed his drug tests he was clean while Hendo was TRT king.

Nah. Hendo was six years older. Watch the fight and Hendo was a tortoise by this period in his career. No where near his prime. The argument that a 34 year old Fedor was "out of his prime" is garbage. Did Fedor perhaps just not train as hard due to his fading love of the game by that time? Possibly. But to insinuate a forty year Hendo was somehow more in his prime is just not realistic and frankly makes zero sense. Prime to prime Hendo was always going to be a bad match up. Hendo doesn't win every time but he wins most. Fedor's go for broke style is a stylistic nightmare against a calculating and scramble capable Hendo.

Prime Fedor ruins Prime Hendo 8 out of 10 times.

That Fedor vs That Hendo and I think we see something like 50/50.

If they fought ten times, I'd give Fedor the edge 7-3. Remember, Fedor was on his decline and Hendo was on TRT.

Nah. Hendo was six years older. Watch the fight and Hendo was a tortoise by this period in his career. No where near his prime. The argument that a 34 year old Fedor was "out of his prime" is garbage. Did Fedor perhaps just not train as hard due to his fading love of the game by that time? Possibly. But to insinuate a forty year Hendo was somehow more in his prime is just not realistic and frankly makes zero sense. Prime to prime Hendo was always going to be a bad match up. Hendo doesn't win every time but he wins most. Fedor's go for broke style is a stylistic nightmare against a calculating and scramble capable Hendo.
Your really trying to cling to the age difference like it means something...

I've already told you fedor had WAY more fights and miles on him and u can easily see it looking at his mma,judo,and combat sambo record.

Fedor essentially had 2 undefeated MMA careers at the same time doing mma and combat sambo which involves every aspect of mma.He fought alot early in his career and never stopped.

By the time of this figh fedor already had lingering shoulder and back problems hence him becoming a swang and bang style fighter from around Tim Sylvia onward.

Hendo had a 50/50 chance against this current fedor and was losing the majority of the fight until the flash ko.

If we are talking fedor mid PRIDE run vs any version you want of Hendo it's not a pretty night for dan.

Remember his nickname was decision Dan lmfao fedor utilizing his own hrsppling,clinchwork and trips would have done whatever he wanted to poor dan.

Simply put 2 over the hill fighters fought it was fun for fans but in the long run isnt seen as a huge feather in either cap much like fedor destroying Frank mir.

Dan never had Fedors number he got lucky and its still Dan's most meaningful win to himself.

Your only argument is Dan was 6 years older......

You're getting buried here kid.

Last edited:
Age is only a slight factor in determining a fighters prime. Its more about how many fights/wars/injuries a fighter has had in their career as opposed to just getting older.

They fought once and it only lasted a couple of minutes. In those few minute, Fedor dropped Dan. One fighter lost, one fighter won. With this limited set of data, no way to determine if Hendo had Fedor's number.

Regarding Fedor and peaks/primes, it's completely asinine to pretend the Fedor of the (approximately) Bigfoot/Hendo/Monson fights time period was on par with the Fedor that was bouncing Nog's head off the canvas like a basketball or going blow-for-blow with a game Cro Cop.

That's obvious from a simple eye test. Probably the last fight we saw of classic Fedor was against Big Tim.

After that, it was all in decline.

Regarding Fedor and peaks/primes, it's completely asinine to pretend the Fedor of the (approximately) Bigfoot/Hendo/Monson fights time period was on par with the Fedor that was bouncing Nog's head off the canvas like a basketball or going blow-for-blow with a game Cro Cop.

That's obvious from a simple eye test. Probably the last fight we saw of classic Fedor was against Big Tim.

After that, it was all in decline.

Facts my man !!!

But also take into context fedor wasnt even using his full arsenal against timmeh either he head hunted then choked him out after dropping his big ass.

Fedor fought more in his first 5 years of his mma career then most modern guys do in 10 or 15 years lmfao.

TRT remembers
He was roided to the gills which helped quite a lot. The flash KO from underneath should have been defended by Fedor - I noticed at the time it seemed to be mostly an american technique to punch like that so a lot of foreign fighters seemed to have shitty defense for gnp from underneath the armpit like he landed.
Hendo had a little help from his friends T, R and T

Hendo was never juiced to the gills. He was one of the few guys legitimately doing TRT, which only brings you to the low-normal levels of someone your age.

Fedor would have taken him out handily back in the day; if you were around to understand the context of the game in those days, you see that.

Dan fought a sluggish, rapidly declining ex-great when he was absolutely blasted on the juice; what happened there really is no indication of Dan having any kind of advantage over Fedor.

No lol. He fought past prime Fedor. In primes it would have been a one sided molestation. Fedor would toss him on his head and brutalise him.

Fedor passed his drug test so your bias opinion means nothing.

Fedor had twice the miles Dan had on him even being 6 years younger.

Look at my above post for confirmation thx lmfao

You do realize people have passed drug tests while still using right? I'm not even saying Fedor was for sure on anything, I give all fighters the benefit of the doubt just like I do for Hendo when he says he took a very liberal amount of TRT when he was taking it.
Sorry fanboy but your opinion is the one that doesn't mean shit. If you don't understand what 6 years of age means to a pro fighter when they are in their 30's then you are a complete fool. I don't care how many undersized Jap cans he buried before his fight with Hendo, that is irrelevant. Your boy was a stud but hell he nearly got beat by Brett Rogers, he was far from invincible and Hendo put his fucking lights out fair and square.

Seeing you get so butt hurt over your favorite fighter catching an A-bomb makes me smile though!<Lmaoo>

Facts my man !!!
But also take into context fedor wasnt even using his full arsenal against timmeh either he head hunted then choked him out after dropping his big ass.
Fedor fought more in his first 5 years of his mma career then most modern guys do in 10 or 15 years lmfao.

Meh.. This is true but a lot of fights were against cans. He won 22 fights in the first round. Twelve of those in under two minutes. Four of those in under one minute. He wasn't having wars all of the time or even most of the time, although I suspect his training was really rough, had to be. Those are facts so let us not place too much attention on the sheer number of fights.

I am not a Fedor hater. I consider Fedor as the god father of HW MMA. A pioneer. Ridiculously good. Fantastic finisher. True entertainer. I'm torn on whether or not he is the greatest HW of all time but tend to still lean towards the side of that says he is.

Meh.. This is true but a lot of fights were against cans. He won 22 fights in the first round. Twelve of those in under two minutes. Four of those in under one minute. He wasn't having wars all of the time or even most of the time, although I suspect his training was really rough, had to be. Those are facts so let us not place too much attention on the sheer number of fights.

I am not a Fedor hater. I consider Fedor as the god father of HW MMA. A pioneer. Ridiculously good. Fantastic finisher. True entertainer. I'm torn on whether or not he is the greatest HW of all time but tend to still lean towards the side of that says he is.

Guys like randy couture were losing to these 'cans" in Japan lol.

Not just mma my friend....

Let us not forget he was medaling in world class judo and in combat sambo at THE SAME TIME he was killing it in mma.

Not only did he fight more often he fought in 3 combat sports and whooped ass.He constantly trained and fought his entire early career nearly til 2005.

By the time fedor and Dan fought Dan being 6 years older had only 1 more mma fight then fedor.......meanwhile fedor also had a world class judo and combat ssmbo career .....

The sheer numbers of fedors fights and training regiment are nearly double or triple hendos.

The sheer numbers of fedors fights and training regiment are nearly double or triple hendos.

Ridiculous and simply not true. Dan was an Olympic wrestler who even attempted to make the 2000 Olympic team (he failed). He was training and competing in wrestling daily long before he entered MMA. History and facts are not what you wish them to be.

Last edited:
Back