Did Fedor have the right idea, when it comes to talk? Or does Jon Jones?

I think the right way to be is how they are normally. The variety of different personalities makes things exciting.

Werdum the number 1 contender after the next JDS fight you mean?

Or Bigfoot the number 1 contender behind him?

Werdum wasnt released, he left iirc because of the contract issue.

Who did Fedor lose to for the first ten years of his career of not fighting people who were laughably smaller and weaker than him?

Who cares. The best fighters are in the UFC. Bones is being dominant in a time when mma is at the hight of its popularity. And UFC has strict ped testing. And let's not forget bones is barley old enough to buy a beer. Boned the current lhw champ. Fedor better keep fighting the monsons of the world,

Who cares. The best fighters are in the UFC. Bones is being dominant in a time when mma is at the hight of its popularity. And UFC has strict ped testing. And let's not forget bones is barley old enough to buy a beer. Boned the current lhw champ. Fedor better keep fighting the monsons of the world,

Are you for real? Lol. The ufc was 2nd to pride and the Ufc heavyweight division wasnt much until Cain and Jds rose up, and that was at the end of fedors career. Fedor is the heavyweight king and best all time in my opinion. Jones can take it though, he's on an amazing run.

Now they are, along with a lot of other fighters, who are used to boost their records.

MMA isnt at the height of its popularity now, that was the Lesnar era bud. And Pride filled stadiums.

Yeh, no drugs issues in UFC. :)

Hes been old enough to buy beer for half a decade.

Fedors retired. Bones better keep fighting LHWs.

Fedor is the only fighter my MMA hating brother actually liked.

Why does it have to be an idea? It's simply just the differences in the guys personalities and it's great. I can appreciate stoic guys like Fedor and absolute over-the-top trash talkers like Mayorga.

Honestly one of the things that attracts me to MMA is the respecting of your opponent and the sport. Fedor did, GSP does.
I also like a little trash talk if its done right. Chael is a master and Bisping is pretty good to. It seems more like schtick when they do it.
Some guys just come off as arrogant and cocky. Jones is one.

Fedor never faced the media presence of a UFC champion, so we'll never really know.

Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen 2 - 925,000 PPV buys and a 6 million dollar gate.

Chael knows how to promote.

That being said. By being Stoic it left this cloud of Mystery to Fedor that intrigued people. But that doesn't work for everyone. Just like not everyone can be Chael Sonnen. I really think that Stoicism only would work for foreign fighters especially those from eastern Europe. There will never be anything mysterious about a dude from Jersey or Oregon or any other State.

I'm going to add this. The reason why Stoicism can work so well for a Russian, and this is no joke, because of Rocky 4. That cold menacing monster who beat the American loud mouth to deah. He hardly ever spoke and when he did it was short and to the point. He never changed his expression just a mysterious monster from the Soviet block.

There is a lot more to that. This was a regular dude, not that big that for the untrainned eye can seemed like an out of shape dude. You can say he was fat or pudgy, introverted, but when the bell rang he went balls out.
When you see JBJ fight he fights from the distance take his time and shit, the only time I saw him go for the kill from the beginnen was a against Sonnen, because he knew he was going to manhandle him.
Fedor loved to fight on your strenght and beat you there from the let go. Oh and the phsyco stair. There are a lot of things that made the aura, it's really a complex question.

They do what works, and for some guys nothing works, like GSP for example, he can't shit-talk to save his life and being silent makes him look weak but he backs up the few words he does say with W's in the cage... Fedor doesn't say shit and it scares people by being cold as ice, Jones runs his mouth, back it up with an ass-kicking and everyone seem to believe he's right, which so far he is...

yeah, thats why Fedor was the UFC heavy weight champ... oh wait :wink:

No but he was the Pride heavyweight champ when Pride had a 10 times better heavyweight roster than the UFC (probably before you even started watching MMA i guess since you have no clue what you're talking about), but lets all conveniently ignore what Fedor did to Tim Sylvia and Arlovski (two of the guys who were dominating the UFC HW division when Fedor was HW champ in pride)

I loved how Fedor always lived and trained low key. The documentary of him training is always entertaining to watch. He was always respectful, and that's why other fighters had so much respect for him. You never heard any fighter slight Fedor, mostly because they were probably afraid of getting destroyed by him. It's different because the UFC is mainstream American sports now, and media coverage in the States is more intense. But for all his fighting mastery, Jones had managed to accumulate a ton of haters because of his personality. For me, he's the top dog in the sport, but I've never really warmed up to him as a fan.

Pretty sure the OP had this thread as Emelianeko vs Sonnen in the beginning.

He then changed it to Emelianeko vs Jones.

So in that regard neither have won a UFC title.

And Jones was the Pride Champ...Oh wait?! Your arguement would only be valid had Fedor fought in the ufc.

Fedor never faced the media presence of a UFC champion, so we'll never really know.

He fought NYE in front of 48 000 attendance and live on Fuji Network, and broadcast into 40 countries.

fedor-vladimr.jpg

Im not too sure a few hundred thou on a ppv, spread across America is going to phase him.

In the end.... Fedor chose not to come to the UFC. He lost twice in SF the equivalent of the UFC d- league. I'm inclined to believe he wouldn't have dominated the UFC the way he did pride. Bones is the champ... In the best organization in the world at a young age.

Personally I've always said "never let them know what your gonna do till it's to late" but different strokes for different folks. Is it really talking shit if you back it up?

In the end.... Fedor chose not to come to the UFC. He lost twice in SF the equivalent of the UFC d- league. I'm inclined to believe he wouldn't have dominated the UFC the way he did pride. Bones is the champ... In the best organization in the world at a young age.

Twice? Well im glad you agree that Hendo thing was bs.

Its not a D league when the current #3 and #4 in the world fought there.

Bones has never beat one HW, and he champ of an age demographic shift. Its more pronounced than in any other division. All those guys are old and broken. Its only now new blood is coming through.

Fedor helped Minotauro and CroCop to stand up after the bell rang. Jones wouldn't ever do this. They are nothing alike, so are many other guys. We can't expect that kind of thing from everyone.

Back