Did Cowboy Quit?

I think it's plausible that the occasion was a little more than he could handle, and the thought had occurred to me in the lead up.

I don't, however, think that the fight itself is evidence of that, because Conor didn't give him a choice in the matter.

And I'm not Conor's #1 dickjockey or anything, but that's just how it went down at the end of day.

The reality is that in this sport a fighter can show up ready to destroy, then in an instant none of that shit matters.

His brain quit when he got kicked in the head and then smashed with punches. That's what happens to most of Conor's opponents curled up in a ball getting clobbered.

To quit you need to start and Cowboy never started...

Let me shatter your fucking orbital bone let me crack your nose open... From there I want you to arise resuming to be the Alpha in this situation.....tell me how that works for ya
It's been proven that none of this actually happen.

I actually gave him a chance going in to this fight. He offered absolutely nothing. The nose blow against Ferguson was another way he took himself out the fight.

The nose blowing incident was definitely intentional.

Ever known someone who refuses to try their best at anything so that they can come away thinking, "Well, I failed, but at least I didn't try my best and fail"?

Saying that you're going to go in there and not even consider grappling (or truly trying your best to win) comes with a built-in excuse. It's a defeatist mindset.

Right shoulder hospital, left shoulder cemetery,

People have been saying cowboy gives up under pressure in the early rounds for years.
Now that stephen a smith said it, it’s all of a sudden blasphemy.
You don't say that the guy with the most finishes in UFC history folded like a cheap lawn chair. You can say that someone choked with integrity and not be a cock sucker.

I dont know

cuz Cowboy has reached his expiration date

in half a dozen fights his new and last contract full of money fights is over

and so is his career in the UFC.

JMHO

People have been saying cowboy gives up under pressure in the early rounds for years.
Now that stephen a smith said it, it’s all of a sudden blasphemy.
Man, I always agree with you. Short and spot on.

Yeah he did, he had his fuckin nose broken in early and couldn't recover, that's pain. Vision was probably all blurry and shit and the assault only got worst and was only going to get worst. He held on as long as he could. No mas!

I am not sure if he did quit. But his performance was, let's face, shameful. Borderline unprofessional.
Now, the scandal about him quitting is because UFC has to avoid devaluation of Conor's win.

It was a piece of shit of a performance by Cowboy. Shameful.

Ever known someone who refuses to try their best at anything so that they can come away thinking, "Well, I failed, but at least I didn't try my best and fail"?

Saying that you're going to go in there and not even consider grappling (or truly trying your best to win) comes with a built-in excuse. It's a defeatist mindset.

Khabib was right. He immediatly recognized it and exposed Cerrone for having the mindset of a coward.

Watch his fight with Hernandez again, you'll see he ate shots and returned when he did.

But funny enough, Conor hits him and he just balls up and waits for the ref to stop the fight.

He took a dive. He quit. He found a way out. He lost like he was told to.
Or against Lawler.

anyway, 99.99% true

He didn't quit, but didn't exactly try either. Whatever he did, was a pretty pathetic display of effort.

If you get the first hit on Cowboy then he will probably quit. This is true even outside the Octagon. Like that time he got punched in the mouth and his glasses knocked off by some skinny hipster queer in a Denver Whole Foods parking lot. Cowboy quickly drove away to get out the situation asap, just like he did with Conor.

Back