Did Cowboy Quit?

Uh yea, about that. Cowboy himself confirmed nothing got broke. But keep parroting mystic rogans gospel
The gospel I’m spewing is I’ve been in over 80 fights as an amateur boxer... Whether something is broke or not it’s not relevant and it’s not of consequence. What is of consequence is that he’s an entertainer that sold you short of what you wanted. His contract is with the UFC not fight fans. He got pummeled he got smashed he got annihilated… He made three loophole mistakes that a world-class fighter with Olympic style speed capitalized on. Please tell me what you understand about walking through the steel cage or walking through 4 ropes And answering to a bell

I think he underperformed and that's because of the style types he struggles against. If the opponent starts slow, stay on the outside, and become worried about Cowboy's game, Cowboy succeeds by establishing the range and timing his opponent. Cowboy can't fight any other way, however. Once someone swarms him or can pick of him apart he just doesn't adjust well and kinda freezes until he takes significant damage causing the ref to step in.

Let me shatter your fucking orbital bone let me crack your nose open... From there I want you to arise resuming to be the Alpha in this situation.....tell me how that works for ya
Cowboy was asked how come he looks so good so soon after the fight. He said because my nose and orbital was never broken.

Uh yea, about that. Cowboy himself confirmed nothing got broke. But keep parroting mystic rogans gospel
Also please recognize as a fight fan most of the top-tier guys will quit on a stool in someway or another… Oscar De La Hoya did it to Julio Cesar Chavez… Julio Cesar Chavez did it too many people… Manny Pacquiao did it to Oscar De LaJoya.... See the constellation hear of all of these world class fighters… “Quitting” If you don’t get rid of that sport in a certain amount of time that sport will get rid of you.

The gospel I’m spewing is I’ve been in over 80 fights as an amateur boxer... Whether something is broke or not it’s not relevant and it’s not of consequence. What is of consequence is that he’s an entertainer that sold you short of what you wanted. His contract is with the UFC not fight fans. He got pummeled he got smashed he got annihilated… He made three loophole mistakes that a world-class fighter with Olympic style speed capitalized on. Please tell me what you understand about walking through the steel cage or walking through 4 ropes And answering to a bell
Please tell me you are trolling......
Loophole Mistakes?
Olympic style speed?
Steel Cage????
WTF are you going on about?

He got kneed in the head HARD before the shoulder strikes. This is being ignored by seemingly everyone.

Loophole Mistakes?
Olympic style speed?
Steel Cage????
Loopholes mistakes is he was completely distracted... another mistake right off the bat Donald shot for a takedown and caught the thigh/femur directly on the left side of his face… Huge loophole mistake that was exploited right off the bat...also I seriously don’t think Donald showed up to win. Olympic speed is aka world class speed. We could both agree Connor has that level of speed...Steel cage… The fence that Makes up a training or competition cage is made of clad steel insulated with dipped plastic

He quit before the fight, when he said something like "I'd rather lose in entertaining fashion than win in a way that doesnt excite the fans" (when vowing to not consider grappling.

He went for a takedown the second the fight started. Fighters lie about their strategy before the fight to throw off their opponents. Is it new to you? Conor also said he would like to have some rounds with Donald but went straight for the kill

He didnt quit but he definitely made a concious decision to not take conor down after he missed with his first punch. That was a big mistake and a takedown could have set a different tone for the fight.

Loophole Mistakes?
Olympic style speed?
Steel Cage????
Going back to Olympic style speed every fighter competing in the Olympics that placed top five or medaled is guaranteed To be Faster than 80% of everybody else. During their careers these are the years these athletes are at their peak, reaction wise (mentally) as well as fast twitch response (physically).

I know there’s been some heated discussion about this and what Steven A Smith said, but maybe he’s not far off the mark. Many pros have said that shoulder strikes like that shouldn’t have affected him that much. Also he claims his nose and orbital were never broken. One other major factor which makes me consider this, was the way the Ferguson fight ended. Cowboy being the veteran that he is, should know to NEVER blow his nose like that and might have just been looking for a way out in that fight. Worth a debate.

is it possible that he fixed the fight for millions of dollars?

rh50cLZ.gif

He didnt quit but he definitely made a concious decision to not take conor down after he missed with his first punch. That was a big mistake and a takedown could have set a different tone for the fight.

He made a concious decision to not take conor down... why would he do this?

He didn't show up with any intention of winning, it's not like he was in it and then quit. Everyone knew beforehand that he wasn't planning on winning, didn't throw at all and didn't try to complete the TD with Conor on his shoulders with both feet off the ground, and after the fight wasn't disappointed at all and said his thoughts were "this is happening quicker than I thought". Like 80% of this board said before the fight that it was picked purely to showcase Conor and give Dana an excuse to give him a Khabib rematch.

My first post. But, yes I thought he quit.

Did he even start?
I don’t see the point of hashing this over. The fight happened, and Mcg won.

Back