• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Did Colby take Usman down?

>

• Total voters
Now Show Usman takedown against COLBY.

First you guys complain about Usman's wrestling all the time, now you're complaining he did not wrestle.
The butthurt is the highest it has been, over at least a Month. No it can't compare to Conor fans. But what does I ask you?

It was a takedown if this was a wrestling match , but this is MMA , and in MMA it doesn't count as a takedown .
Different sports , different rules .

you have to hold them for three seconds for it to be coutned as a takedown

The gif displayed had no guard play at all

I was referring to "control." If I score a takedown but land in your guard, I don't really have "control" was my point, but people value seeing someone on their back more than all 4's. Usman landed on all 4's because of what Colby did, meaning Colby controlled him onto all 4's... right? Nobody gives up their back and goes on all 4's for fun (typically).

I'd throw this in the "takedown that didn't lead to anything" bucket. But, still a takedown.

I was referring to "control." If I score a takedown but land in your guard, I don't really have "control" was my point, but people value seeing someone on their back more than all 4's. Usman landed on all 4's because of what Colby did, meaning Colby controlled him onto all 4's... right? Nobody gives up their back and goes on all 4's for fun (typically).

I'd throw this in the "takedown that didn't lead to anything" bucket. But, still a takedown.
But it wasn’t really sunk. I would not give that any credit in a scorecard. It had no impact and it was ineffective. I would even argue some takedown attempts like this hurt the person attempting it because it wasted energy for no payoff. The only reason to count it id strictly for the sake of tracking statistics. It has no impact on the fight if you can’t utilize it enough to even hold your opponent there for a 2-3 count. If you tackle me and I give it up so I can roll into side control with you own momentum did you take me down? Or did you just waste energy?

Usman only got back up by grabbing the cage with two hands. He was well and truly controlled.
Ty hats a valid point. I’d like to see another angle to see if he’s wrapping fingers. It doesn’t look natural

yes. considering the fact people said tibau took down khabib down.

Fightmetric didn't give credit, but it is a take-down. Overall it doesn't mean much other than control time for the fight though.

Yes in wrestling rules/points it's a takedown - MMA is different. We also don't score 10-8 rounds for knockdowns like in boxing and people aren't scoring sport bjj points from mma grappling exchanges.

Usman popped up right away and was never controlled and it was just his knees dropping. In MMA I consider this a wash. Even full takedowns if they get up right away and scramble out it's also a wash in my opinion when it comes to mma grappling. The take down is canceled out by being able to get up and scramble out if there is no control. Of course big slams factor in and those would count more even if they are able to get up and scramble out. I'm talking more about low intensity takedowns.

Back